huntingdon and camden

blue50

Congrats Lions on a huge win. My hat is off to Huntingdon and their fans. They don't lose many and were a class group tonight. Now let's go Lions, and work our way through the region. And yes, 93% who vote on the BIG ONES can be wrong when they don't know the leaders on our team. And we have been winning for three years without much press from the Jaxon Moon newspaper.

Edited by @38320

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to go to the game last week but I made this one. My observations are this...

Camden's defense is for real. The biggest weakness will be against the pass. I would guess Donald had less than 50 yards and that Huntingdon as a team had maybe 130. Chase Horton was simply everywhere. I felt bad when he fumbled with 3 minutes to go, but he went out and made up for it once again getting a sack. Matthew Hudson was also outstanding, really the front 7 in general was fairly dominant.

Camden's offense still has a lot of kinks to work out. Different type of players mean they are trying to tweak the offense to accomodate the different type of athletes. This could be something they struggle with all year or they could hit their stride and be a big handful for any team down the line.

Huntingdon's defense is for real. No surprise here. Even with Camden running away from Donald most of the night he had a couple sacks. Camden probably had less than 200 yards on the night. A couple nice passing plays, and a couple nice 10-20 yard runs, but that was it.

Huntingdon still has a couple kinks with special teams. A punt blocked a miss extra point. Gotta get a couple kids kicking in the 5th grade over there in Carroll County.

Huntingdon's offense really struggled after the first series. It looked like a long night for Camden was in store. About 4 minutes into the game and 6-0. A couple passes, a couple runs, TD. Basically nothing at all after that. Crocker looked fine, the running game just never got on track. It Weathers, Donald, anyone else, just found zero room. Their OLine got whipped most of the night.

Great game to watch. Maybe the teams can meet down the road.

Closer than you think.

Camden's defense. Closer than you think. What a ballgame. Hats off to Huntingdon for being a class act.

It's been a long time since Camden has beaten the Mustangs, but I think that this rivalry has just begun. It was never really a rivalry before, except the hammer and nail variety.

Camden's defense won this ballgame, the offense did just enough to keep Huntingdon's off the field. They will hit their stride, as they showed some signs of a rhythm tonight at times, they just fumbled both time they were beginning to move the ball.

Huntingdon killed themselves with mental mistakes, penalties, fumbles, botched pass protection, but I have a feeling Mansfield will get that sorted out. Good luck to the Mustangs, and we'll be seing you in the playoffs!

GO LIONS!

I didnt realize that Camden's D was that good. They gave up 7 points to a Westview team that killed UC tonight, and they held the Mustangs to 6. All they need is to get to where they score 14-20 points a game and they may be looking at a long run come this November.

Edited by montague1

I didnt realize that Camden's D was that good. They gave up 7 points to a Westview team that killed UC tonight, and they held the Mustangs to 6. All they need is to get to where they score 14-20 points a game and they may be looking at a long run come this November.

Those 7 points against Westview came with 1:50 left in the game and Camden's offense fumbled the ball on their own 8 yard line. We knew coming in to the season that the defense would be the Lion's strength...but Camden's D is for REAL! :(