Pirates vs Bucs

Pirate2003

Way to go PIRATES!!! Woohoo. Good job. I want to congratulate both teams on a VERY hard fought game. This is a huge boost to the Pirates season.

There are a couple of guys I want to give props to during this game tonight.

First to Boyd's Coach Reynolds. Outstanding job on the gameplan!! You did everything I was afraid teams might do. Without the few turnovers the score could have went the opposite way. Good Job also to #'s 2 and 30. Two of the best players in the state.

Second to Coach Vic Grider for keeping his young team focused during such a close ballgame. Also 2 players, #5 Cody Robinson (fierce as a tiger) and #24 Robert Robinson (for all that said he was too scared to block and gave up too easy, well, he just proved everyone wrong. Many, Many key blocks and when we needed 5-6 yards, he did it). Great job.

Great Job to both programs.

Great game. Congrats to the Pirates. Great athletes and very well coached. Thanks PitateMike for the complement about Coach Reynolds. He is a great coach and an outstanding Christian man. We are lucky to have him coaching our young men. Hats off to Vic also. He always finds a way to get the best out of his team. The BUCS wish you well. Hope you win State!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like The King was right. Boyd did not win because "they were so successfull in this century"! Well too bad Boyd cant dwell on the past anymore because the series between us is tied 6-6 so thank GOD we want hear that bull crap! The King wants to say congrats to the Pirates you all didnt let the King down & you played with 100% the whole game. I want to say to the Boyd Players that The King is impressed with you all. The Qb will be a Qb we will be talking about in the future & when they get over the injuries they will have somethin to look foward to. But to all the Boyd Fans The King told you what was going to happen & SP pulled through just like The King said. Keep it rollin S.P. The King is likin what he is seeing! Oh Yeah The King has a special message to Hurricane..If I was you I wouldnt even post on here again. You wasted all that time talkin crap & look what happened on the field. The King says thats a shame & The King wants to let you know that should be a lesson to you. If your gonna talk the talk walk the walk. Thats why Im The King because I do both. You just do one & after tonight everybody that read your posts know what that is.

Good win for the Pirates. Statistically, the game wasn't nearly as close as the score showed. South Pittsburg had a LOT more yards. Boyd stayed in the game on two big plays for scores. South Pittsburg should've won by alot more, but this is a rivalry that HAD been dominated by boyd the last few years, so I think alot of the mistakes SP made were mental things related to the rivalry (kinda like Tennessee Florida back in the Spurrier days). Congratulations to SP for pulling out the win.

Ditka say congrats to South Pitt.. They looked determined and played very hard..I thought my mighty bucs looked good but got a little winded at the end. We had our chances but we had some fumble problems AGAIN. A couple of plays here or there and it would have had a different outcome. I was REALLY impressed with the way South Pitt drove the length of the field at the end of the game with so many young guys. I didnt feel like they were going to score. South Pitt fumbled at the end in the endzone but was called down. Ditka really thought we was going to pull it out. Ditka was right though South Pitts speed didnt beat us. We held them in check for the most part. We was just not able to move the ball much, and when we did move it would would shoot ourselves in the foot with penelties,fumbles,interceptions,etc. Great game and Ditka was surprised with the way South Pitt handled winning the game. Fans were pretty good.

Ditka says its looking like my Bucs wont finish better than 3-7. Maybe we can upset someone along the ways for a 4th win, but it will be hard..

Ill go eat some crow now!!

Edited by HURRICANEDITKA

I understand that a group of SP fans were screaming at and harassing the Boyd players as they were going into the locker room at halftime, and that the police were called over to the locker room area for security.

If that's true, that's not cool.

What killed Boyd in the end was the length of the last drive. I think it was just over 7 minutes -- SP kept getting just enough for the first down, then started again. THose 3, 5 & 8 yard runs ate up the clock, and our defense had been on the field too long to stop them at the goal line. Good clock management.

SP fans harassing Boyd players? Surely not! Im totally kidding. When I played against SP I distinctly remember getting yelled at and stuff being thrown at us...its something that is gonna happen. Its not the firsttime fans have messed with players and it wont be the last, including Boyd fans. I hate the Bucs loss but they are still undefeated in the region and the players most likely learned alot from last nights defeat. Hathaway is back in a few weeks, i think, they will be a much better offensive team. He would have made a great impact last night. Props to Headen and Sloan for picking up the offense.

SP fans harassing Boyd players? Surely not! Im totally kidding. When I played against SP I distinctly remember getting yelled at and stuff being thrown at us...its something that is gonna happen. Its not the firsttime fans have messed with players and it wont be the last, including Boyd fans. I hate the Bucs loss but they are still undefeated in the region and the players most likely learned alot from last nights defeat. Hathaway is back in a few weeks, i think, they will be a much better offensive team. He would have made a great impact last night. Props to Headen and Sloan for picking up the offense.

Slim Jimmy has seen this happen everywhere (even at Boyd). Its just part of playing away.

Slim Jimmy has seen this happen everywhere (even at Boyd). Its just part of playing away.

[/quote

I beg to differ, my idiot friend. It doesn't happen everywhere. You know, you'd think especially at places like S Pitt you wouldn't have to remind them of this, but "Act like you've been there before!" I'm sure SP players and Coaches wouldn't encourage any of their fans to act like a horse's a@$, ...sad to see the stupidity of fans reflect on a program. It's not part of playing away. Mr Jibberish was probably heading up that donkey parade. (cause we all know he's not a player) :thumb:

Give me an instance when you have seen this at Boyd. You haven't. And, I don't recall another place where the police had to guard our locker room door.

So, what you're saying is that if you are the home team, it's ok for "adults" to act like trash and try to start fights with and cuss at the visiting players. Also, I guess it's ok for the home side fans to walk the track over to the other side and try to start fights. It happened last night, and the police had to run SP kids off from the Boyd side.

As much as I hate to say this I might have to agree with Jimmy even though he is a Pirate fan. I actually walked over at halftime to see if I could hear our coach fire the team up. There was some fans talking but mostly about how the half ended. Ditka has been to many places and most are about the same. Eagle I hope your not a Grace fan considering they havent even had a football team in the past. That being said it was a tough loss we will grow from and I also want to add I was surprised by the way South Pitt fans acted during and after the game. They had for the most part good sportsmanship.

Edited by HURRICANEDITKA