Pirates vs Bucs

Pirate2003

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great high school football game! Congrats to SP for great clock management and exploiting the D on the last drive. Good Stuff!

Bucs played MUCH better this week and will only improve. With Hogan, Hathaway and Thomas returning from injuries over the next few weeks the future looks bright.

The sideline incident: Saw (and heard) the whole thing. Some guys (looked to be former SP players/students) were behind the Boyd bench dog-cussing the scrubs. A parent (of a former player) asked these "gentlemen" to be on their way and was met with a less-than-cooperative reply. There were lots of elementary kids close by and the parents were none to happy about this going on right in front of them. When the perps started in on the parent and got up in his grill the son (former student) jumped in and the scene got ugly quick. I was on the stands laughing my tail off because 4 feet away were the following: 1 collegiant running back. 2 former linemen. 1 plainclothes police officer. 2 state finalist wrestlers. 1 three sport star (complete with 4.4 speed) and 3 parents from Birchwood/Harrison (nuff said) In my opinion the young fellows who started this were extremely lucky that security showed up quickly.

Hats off to the SP security (all 6 of them) for defusing this quietly and professionally.

If you're gonna walk the track, keep your mouth shut!

I could be wrong, but I know that the one time I walked to Boyd's side to look for a friend who's son plays for Boyd, all I seen sitting on the walls behind Boyd were Marion Co. players.

Great high school football game! Congrats to SP for great clock management and exploiting the D on the last drive. Good Stuff!

Bucs played MUCH better this week and will only improve. With Hogan, Hathaway and Thomas returning from injuries over the next few weeks the future looks bright.

The sideline incident: Saw (and heard) the whole thing. Some guys (looked to be former SP players/students) were behind the Boyd bench dog-cussing the scrubs. A parent (of a former player) asked these "gentlemen" to be on their way and was met with a less-than-cooperative reply. There were lots of elementary kids close by and the parents were none to happy about this going on right in front of them. When the perps started in on the parent and got up in his grill the son (former student) jumped in and the scene got ugly quick. I was on the stands laughing my tail off because 4 feet away were the following: 1 collegiant running back. 2 former linemen. 1 plainclothes police officer. 2 state finalist wrestlers. 1 three sport star (complete with 4.4 speed) and 3 parents from Birchwood/Harrison (nuff said) In my opinion the young fellows who started this were extremely lucky that security showed up quickly.

Hats off to the SP security (all 6 of them) for defusing this quietly and professionally.

If you're gonna walk the track, keep your mouth shut!

I saw the referred to incident. The guy that started the problem has relatives on the Pirate team. There were plenty of Marion County players and students around; none had anything to do with this incident.

Give me an instance when you have seen this at Boyd. You haven't. And, I don't recall another place where the police had to guard our locker room door.

So, what you're saying is that if you are the home team, it's ok for "adults" to act like trash and try to start fights with and cuss at the visiting players. Also, I guess it's ok for the home side fans to walk the track over to the other side and try to start fights. It happened last night, and the police had to run SP kids off from the Boyd side.

Sadly, this is a fact. South Pitts players and coaches were honorable. The cussing and trying to start fight was not even by South Pitt students, unless they are 30 years old. All this was done by a group of adults that should be ashamed to draw such negative attention to a great program. The police also had to be called to the visitors stands because South Pitt fans came over and started pushing some out our fans.

well to make a correction, As for the Police stop fan harrasment. it wasnt made to the players of boyd. what actually happened is when sp scored with no time left in the half. 2 refs called touchdown.. one ref came in and said no. as what i heard a rumor maybe i dunno was the ref was a Teacher at Boyd. i know how rumors can be but i hope this isnt the case. so anyway the police was there to make sure nothing came of the call. it did get heated for a minute. mostly at the refs. I thought personaly it was a horrible officiated game. horrible. both side got some real bad calls. i saw the split end at one time look for the nod from the ref to make sure he wasnt off sides teh ref gave him the nod. and soon as the ball was snapped he threw a flag. omg what a idiot...... i hope more people saw it the way i did.... and to make a comment on teh bucs... no way was that the same team that had 51 scored on them last week.... alot better team that most give credit too... way to go pirates . showed alot of heart.

Geno, the S. Pitt fans were yelling and screaming at the refs, but I was on the South Pitt side when the Boyd players were walking off the field and saw ADULT fans cussing them and inviting them to come closer. It was a dangerous situation. At the end of the game the South Pitt fans ran onto the field, not so much to congratulate their players, but to taunt the Boyd players. I assure you that NO team has ever come to Boyd and their kids or adults treated like that. No disrespect to the players, students or coaches, this was all ADULTS. Yes, the officials left a lot to be desired, but they were consistantly bad, so it had a neutral effect. I assure you no TEACHER of Boyd was an official Friday night. Congrats to South Pitt, we hope you go all the way.

Maybe they could move the game to a neutral site every season. I think they should talk with Mike Hamilton about moving the game to Knoxville. It would be a tremendous atmosphere to play this game in Neyland Stadium. The Tennessee Titans stadium in Nashville would also be a good venue for this game. I am all for it. Let's get the ball moving and get this thing moved and make it a national event. Maybe ESPN can carry the game.

Maybe they could move the game to a neutral site every season. I think they should talk with Mike Hamilton about moving the game to Knoxville. It would be a tremendous atmosphere to play this game in Neyland Stadium. The Tennessee Titans stadium in Nashville would also be a good venue for this game. I am all for it. Let's get the ball moving and get this thing moved and make it a national event. Maybe ESPN can carry the game.

Slim Jimmy thinks that this would be a great idea. Then Boyd fans couldn't cry about getting a little trash talked to them.

Edited by Jim Jibberish