Pirates vs Bucs

Pirate2003

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the mods for closing the other thread. I got no clue who this Ditka dude is and I've been associated with BBS since the late 70's. He has obviously overstepped the bounds of common stupidity and forgotten everything that BBS taught him.

The game: Boyd may be a bit inexperienced compared to previous years. SP is a little more experienced than in recent years. On paper this should even up things a bit over previous years. But they don't play 'em on paper. If history, gut feelin's and the big mo' mean anything SP has an edge. I personally feel that these teams are so apples-n-oranges that nobody really knows fer sure.

If recent years, learning curve and strength of opponent means anything I'll give an edge to Boyd.

Close game, but my heart's with Boyd, y'all.

Good luck to the Pirates in every other game this year- show 'em where that 1A Gold Ball belongs!

Edited by 37421

Thanks to the mods for closing the other thread. I got no clue who this Ditka dude is and I've been associated with BBS since the late 70's. He has obviously overstepped the bounds of common stupidity and forgotten everything that BBS taught him.

The game: Boyd may be a bit inexperienced compared to previous years. SP is a little more experienced than in recent years. On paper this should even up things a bit over previous years. But they don't play 'em on paper. If history, gut feelin's and the big mo' mean anything SP has an edge. I personally feel that these teams are so apples-n-oranges that nobody really knows fer sure.

If recent years, learning curve and strength of opponent means anything I'll give an edge to Boyd.

Close game, but my heart's with Boyd, y'all.

Good luck to the Pirates in every other game this year- show 'em where that 1A Gold Ball belongs!

Great post! I see it the way of the BUCS! Too much experience with winning the past several years.

Is there an actual chance that Jones wont play? What about other injuries? For some reason I think I remember hearing that Boyds starting defense may have suffered a loss against CPA. Also, did both Nason brothers play last week, will both play tonight?

Boyd really needs this win! With the rest of the schedule they most likely will not really stand a chance to win another non-region game. I still feel like the team will be different(better) with Hathaway back and that they will still make a nice playoff run.

This will be the toughest 1A opponent that Boyd has faced outside the championship games since they were defeated by SP in 1999. I hope for an exciting game and I hope the BUCS will have some pride in the program and its success that was came before them. When I played for the Bucs I dreamed about being able to play teams like Baylor and Red Bank. It is an honor to have opponents like that! I hope the fans, players, and coaches realize that and stay behind the team reguardless the outcome of this years season.

Which Jones are you talkin about? One will not play. Hello Mr. Layne

SP will win.

Darius Jones is who I am referring to, as far as the Nasons go there is Josh and Jordan I think an I was wondering if both played last week and if both were this week. Having anyone of these three key players out would put Boy at a disadvantage.