Crockett vs Obion

cavfan67

So your saying you think crockett will have a big head coming into the game against obion expecting to kill them. No they will not have a big head they are a very well dicipined team and know how to take care of buisness. And another thing nobody ever said about Crockett being ranked high yeah they are ranked high buit if you get a copy of the jackson sun you will see where shawn johnson says "We've got a lot of potential, but we ain't going to listen to the paper saying we're No. 1. We can't worry about that. It's just a distraction." That should tell you right there that they are a disiplined team and are taking nothing for granted and are worring about one game at a time.And that is why I am saying that they will kill Obion. Not because of there ranking just based on how good they are and how well disiplined they are.

Coaches can talk, but its the players who walk. .... All my esteemed friend "back" is saying is that teenage kids DO read newspapers, they DO pay attention to ranking and they DO overlook some teams at times. Anybody can talk about being disciplined, but that doesn't account for everything. .... Look, Crockett will probably win. But, hey, all "back" is saying is don't be surprised if Crockett loses. And, not just because the Cavs happen to be overlooking the Rebels. The Cavs could be totally focused, totally in the mindset of playing the Rebels, totally devoid of all other thought, totally living in a bubble with a big Rebel man logo painted in it and still get beat b/c for one night, for one three-hour period, anybody can beat anybody. Don't think so? Ask the players on last year's Covington team. .... That's all we're saying. We're not dissing your Cavs. Hey, I have great respect for coach Pratt and the program he has built. He's done a great job. I know him personally. I wish we had more coaches like him. .... But, all we're saying is that no game is a guarantee. .... Let's just hunker down Friday night and have us a football game!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I am sure CC "D" is very good up front, but I'll take odds on Grady, and/or Grooms being able to "punch a hole", with help from the "O" line.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this will be a close one....ill go with obion central in this one even without fullbright...crockett is the better team in my opinion and has better athletes but central is GOOD this year...i say obion central 28-14...good luck !

That was last year when they moved the ball on a more unexperience d-line now this d-line is going to be hard to move the ball on and with the secondary they will be very hard to pass on. SO my question is how there gona move the ball on Crockett.O yea don't forget the offense of Crockett how are they gonna stop that.

This offense is the same one we had last year and the defense is greatly improved over last year also. Almost all starters are returning on both sides of the ball. Much has been made about Crockett Co. senior class which is outstanding. But Obion Central has an outstanding one as well. Unlike the last few senior classes, this one has had the same head coach for their entire varsity career. Most are two and three year starters with alot of Friday nights between them. They have worked hard and I believe they will reap the benefits of that hard work this year. This bunch may not be as talented as Crockett Co. but they make up for it with grit and determination. They will not be intimidated that I can guarantee. Crockett may win, but it will not be because OC is gonna role over for them.

Coaches can talk, but its the players who walk. .... All my esteemed friend "back" is saying is that teenage kids DO read newspapers, they DO pay attention to ranking and they DO overlook some teams at times. Anybody can talk about being disciplined, but that doesn't account for everything. .... Look, Crockett will probably win. But, hey, all "back" is saying is don't be surprised if Crockett loses. And, not just because the Cavs happen to be overlooking the Rebels. The Cavs could be totally focused, totally in the mindset of playing the Rebels, totally devoid of all other thought, totally living in a bubble with a big Rebel man logo painted in it and still get beat b/c for one night, for one three-hour period, anybody can beat anybody. Don't think so? Ask the players on last year's Covington team. .... That's all we're saying. We're not dissing your Cavs. Hey, I have great respect for coach Pratt and the program he has built. He's done a great job. I know him personally. I wish we had more coaches like him. .... But, all we're saying is that no game is a guarantee. .... Let's just hunker down Friday night and have us a football game!

Well said.....

I also have great respect for P.A. Pratt..He has a built a program from zero,nada,zilch....I remember when I played and we played them...It was the easiest game on our(Union City)schedule...Matter of fact,it was the easiest game on anybodies schedule...Now,they are routinely mentioned as contenders for region championships and state championships,even making a state championship game...

Crockett County is blessed with athletes all over the field,speed to burn...Most teams when they look down their schedule,and I'm talking the kids,mark down games they pretty much think they will win....When most teams scroll down the list and see Obion Co. they mark down a win...You never can tell how 14-18 year old kids are going to react when the lights come on....The kids at Obion Co. will look at this game as a great opportunity...These young men have something to prove..They are looking for respect..They know to get it,they have to go out and beat teams that should beat them...This is an experienced team..They have many games under their belts...I've already seen something from them this year in that they faced adversity with injury,turnovers and penalties and won a game..They didn't play particularly well against Dresden and still won...When you watch film you will see a very vanilla offense..They used maybe 20% of their playbook on offense..I saw a post saying if OC was "stupid" they would try to pound the ball on the ground and not throw....When you have the experience OC has on the offensive line,you will run....Logan is very good at reading defenses on the option and he is the returning all-region qb..He can play...He can throw if he has to..This will be a very good game between two very good teams... :huh:

I don't think anyone is underestimating the abilities of OC...they are by all accounts a solid football team this year. I picked CC because of how each team appeared to do against their opponent on Friday night, the way CC was able to wear down Milan in the second half, and the fact that I'm not going to pick against my team (just like everyone else on here!)

I think the Cavs will once again win by more than 2 TD`s. This was my prediction last week when they played Milan and I have no reason to believe they can`t do the same to OC. I think by the ens of the season there will be a whole lot of Crockett County posters on this board. I`m predicting a region crown for them. They have lots of seniors, a steady QB and a very good coach. From what I have heard this senior class is a very tight bunch of kids.

34-14 Cavs

Appearantly you think OC should just stay at home and get ready for week 3.....Let me give you a little history lesson....THREE # 1's in the state have traveled into Troy thinking they would"absolutely kill" the Rebels....Those three 3 #1's left with their tails tucked between their legs and on to the bus with a LOSS....You guys aren't # 1 in the state I know,but you are # 3 as of now...The Rebels somehow seem to get up for highly ranked teams when they visit Rebel Field....Crockett may win,but I highly doubt the Cavs will kill the Rebels....The season is just going to be two weeks old when Crockett Co rolls into Troy and by your post I'm supposing a state championship appearance is set in stone because you beat Milan...Lots of football left and you might just find out the Rebels may just give the mighty Cavs a better game than Milan did....

Joke if ya want

Laugh if ya may

17-14..Upset Special

Is what I say!!!!

REBELS WIN... :o

i agree with you it is to early to be looking past people. obion is a great team. they have dyersburgs respect after last years game. if crockett over looks the rebs it could be a long night for them. i think it will be a battle for both teams in not going to pic eather because its so close. milan is having a down year so dont be suprised in their record this season they still have westview and huntingdon. milan is good but dont think crockett is the stuff by the score. hope crockett has a good secondary because logan parker can sure throw the bomb. ill be at this one for sure. :lol:

Expect a HARD hitting contest between these two. True Crockett Co is picked by many to be the ONE to beat in Region 7-3A, but alot of those same people are picking the Rebels to finish around 6th, which I just do not see happening. I think the Rebels will be in the top 4 of the region, and could be high up in the four. So let's all meet at Rebel Field in Troy Friday night and see how this one comes out. I for one see the "upset", OC 21 CC 17.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY!!!!!....VOREBS!!!!....Just wanted to let you know...I was listening to the broadcast in the stands...You and Jordan did a great job!!!!...Looking forward to hearing you and Russ the rest of the year...Just wondering,do you guys have a coaches corner type show during the week???...If so,what station can I catch that on???

HEY!!!!!....VOREBS!!!!....Just wanted to let you know...I was listening to the broadcast in the stands...You and Jordan did a great job!!!!...Looking forward to hearing you and Russ the rest of the year...Just wondering,do you guys have a coaches corner type show during the week???...If so,what station can I catch that on???

Thanks..I have to say it was alot of fun being back. As to a coaches show, we are not doing one as was done in the past, but we are looking at something in the pre-game show, which starts at 7:00. Both Russ and I are looking to get as much information as we can into the broadcast, so it is a work in progress. Also you can catch Coaches Corner every Saturday morning at 8:30, on 1410 am, and 101.3 fm.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Crockett is a heavy favorite. I am still pulling for Obion. Go Rebels!

you are right crockett is a heavy fan and its because they are good at what they do and they will show up there and dominate the field and walk away with another win under there belt and still have enough energy to play another game and dominate the feild!!!