Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett goes on the road for the first time this Season, for a Region 1 5A Game in Knoxville vs The Bearden Bulldogs.

(Editors note: I hate 5A, we are driving 100 miles @ $3 a Gal. for a Region Game?!) Dobyns-Bennett is 2-0 and have a couple of wins against 4A competition, North East Tennesse Rivals. They have outscored the opponents 79-7 and are coming off a 44-0 Rout of #8 4A State Ranked Sullivan South Rebels. That one left a mark!

DB has never lost to Bearden if Football (12-0 alltime) and 3-0 all time @ Bearden. That's weird, these teams played in the 50's & 60s's prior to Re-Classification, but always in Kingsport. Graham Clark is 9-0 vs the Bulldogs.. 3-0 on the Road.

Those stats are tilted... why? Schools of equal size, Bearden beat the Indians in Sub-State Action in Basketball last season, so they have talent. They have athletes... what has been the Bearden Football History? How may times have you played Oak Ridge, or Maryville (gotta be alot??) what has been the results?

Good to Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett goes on the road for the first time this Season, for a Region 1 5A Game in Knoxville vs The Bearden Bulldogs.

(Editors note: I hate 5A, we are driving 100 miles @ $3 a Gal. for a Region Game?!) Dobyns-Bennett is 2-0 and have a couple of wins against 4A competition, North East Tennesse Rivals. They have outscored the opponents 79-7 and are coming off a 44-0 Rout of #8 4A State Ranked Sullivan South Rebels. That one left a mark!

DB has never lost to Bearden if Football (12-0 alltime) and 3-0 all time @ Bearden. That's weird, these teams played in the 50's & 60s's prior to Re-Classification, but always in Kingsport. Graham Clark is 9-0 vs the Bulldogs.. 3-0 on the Road.

Those stats are tilted... why? Schools of equal size, Bearden beat the Indians in Sub-State Action in Basketball last season, so they have talent. They have athletes... what has been the Bearden Football History? How may times have you played Oak Ridge, or Maryville (gotta be alot??) what has been the results?

Good to Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

They have been down the last couple of years. Looks like their making ground being 2-0 as of tonight. Won there 1st game 47-0 but had a close win tonight.

You’re going to be a little disappointed. Their field is not DB or even close. I lived in Kingsport for 2 years and went to all the games. The Tribe community has one of the best football atmospheres in the state.

I was shocked to not see that same atmosphere at most of the Knoxville 5A schools. OR has it but it's lacking in other schools.

Heck the only time I had a chance to sit down at a DB game was when a neighbor let me use their season tickets. Great School! It was our favorite out of 3 HS our boys have attended.

BTW- they have averaged 3 wins a year over the last 5 years. They have not played Maryville or OR in those 5 year's.

They always play Farragut tuff.main-logo2.JPG

Edited by rigger101

2005 Division 1, 1st Round Playoffs, Class 5A

2002 Division 1, 1st Round Playoffs, Class 5A

2000 Division 1, 2nd Round Playoffs, Class 5A

1999 Division 1, 1st Round Playoffs, Class 5A

1997 Class AAA, First Round State Playoff, Team Runner-up

1997 Division 1, 1st Round Playoffs, Class 5A

1996 Region Class 5A Runner-up

1995 2nd Round, Champions, Class 5A

1995 1st Round Champions, 5A

1995 Region, Class 5A, 4th

1990 District Champions, Class AAA

You guys are crazy. D-B big? I dont think so. Bearden played with DB for 3 quarters last year and anybody at the game will tell you Bearden had them on the ropes, we just couldnt get it in the endzone. This year's team is different. They are alot like DB. Good QB, big-play capability and speed on both sides of the ball.