Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

It appears that the Bulldogs are indeed improved from last year, but lest we forget, so is the Tribe. If DB was going to be had, last season was the time to make hay, not this year.

Until proven otherwise DB is the King Kong of region 1 while everyone else is.....well...the chumps. :D Bearden may keep it close for a half but DB pulls away for a convincing win on their way to another Big East title.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will somebody step up and challenge DB for the title. I've seen posts from all the other teams except SH saying "yet another Big East title for DB". C'mon y'all somebody step up. Seems like you guys are beat before you ever take the field. Time to step up! We call it the Big Least until somebody at least challenges them.

When will somebody step up and challenge DB for the title. I've seen posts from all the other teams except SH saying "yet another Big East title for DB". C'mon y'all somebody step up. Seems like you guys are beat before you ever take the field. Time to step up! We call it the Big Least until somebody at least challenges them.

This just might be the game that decides the Big East. To me, right now it looks like Bearden is the team. They are 2-0, have scored a lot of points in their 2 games, a new coach who was just named coach of the week in Tennessee, and some new excitment in the players. Their playing on their home field and you can bet they will be fired up for DB Friday night. DB will have to bring their "A" game to pull it off. I think Bearden has a better team than Sevier Co. or Science Hill.

Waco, you are correct on all that. Bearden is better this year. Better coach, better attitude, better players. The first team they played was horrible, and the second one came down to the wire with a team that missed the playoffs last year.

I know DB has alot of class, and you guys always say the right things in respecting your opponent and not getting overconfident. But Bearden is not on DB's level yet. I have seen both teams play this year, DB Indians roll in this one.

Unless however, you over look the Dawgs in anticipation of your trip to the Ship.

Just kidding. You do sort of prove my point, if all you have to do is beat Bearden to win your region. Jeez, If we could only be so lucky. Seriously, I think SH and SC are better than this Bearden team. JMO Good luck, Roll Tribe

This just might be the game that decides the Big East. To me, right now it looks like Bearden is the team. They are 2-0, have scored a lot of points in their 2 games, a new coach who was just named coach of the week in Tennessee, and some new excitment in the players. Their playing on their home field and you can bet they will be fired up for DB Friday night. DB will have to bring their "A" game to pull it off. I think Bearden has a better team than Sevier Co. or Science Hill.

Finally somebody gets it! With the exception of 2004, which was just a tough year all around for us, we have always played DB tough since I can remember. There will be no wet fields this year, just a dang fired up Bearden team. I've been around BHS DB week and I'll tell you I used to get just as jacked for DB as for ANY other game. Doing that Indian walk just gets the other team jacked man.

Bearden wants to be 3-0 going to FHS. DB wants to be 3-0 going to OR. Something has to give.

Finally somebody gets it! With the exception of 2004, which was just a tough year all around for us, we have always played DB tough since I can remember. There will be no wet fields this year, just a dang fired up Bearden team. I've been around BHS DB week and I'll tell you I used to get just as jacked for DB as for ANY other game. Doing that Indian walk just gets the other team jacked man.

Bearden wants to be 3-0 going to FHS. DB wants to be 3-0 going to OR. Something has to give.

It will. Bulldogs blink.

Agreed. I also wish someone else would step up and knock the Tribe from their throne if nothing else to throw a little suspense into the conference race and light a fire under the rest of the region. Unfortunately, the region as a whole is just to weak to pose any real threat game in and game out to DB's supremecy. Even the upper echlon teams are to inconsistently up and down and only occasionly offer DB a serious challenge. What's it been......six years since the last time the Tribe didn't win the Big Easy and three since they last lost a region game? Jeeeeesh!

Last year was the perfect example of how mediocre Region 1 is compared to their Region 2 brethren. DB was admittingly down but yet still no one could topple them from their "Beast of the East" perch (including SCHS blowing their best opportunity in many a year). It was so mediocre that the Tribe didn't even suffer one loss inside the region. On the other hand, the Wildcats finish as state runner-up but still lost a region game. If ORHS had been down like DB was than you can bet your last ore of uranium that Ooltewah or someone else from Region 2 would have stepped it up and taken advantage of a Wildcats down year (except for Farragut maybe :D).

However, I will give Bearden their props. They usually play DB pretty tough but until they (or any other Region 1 foe) actually gets over the hump and gets the W I will always pick DB and be right 99.9% of the time. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that this game or season will be any different.

As usual, the most intriguing battle for region 1 will be for second place between SCHS, SH and Bearden. That is where your real drama will be, not if and when someone else will claim the region crown from DB.

Personally, I believe SHHS will challenge the mighty D-B this year. They have good size, speed and experience. But, that is 8 games away and SHHS must take them one game at a time. With the focus of Tennessee High, next week. I believe it is a distinct possibility that D-B and SHHS could be 9-0 when they meet. But, only one thing for sure is, time will tell.