Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe D-B was hung over against a team that hasn't topped 10 pts against them in 13 tries. Especially since being on the emotional mountaintop of killing a cross town rival last week. You don't get up every week. No offense, but you don't get up for Bearden......ever.

quote name='Fitness4life' date='Sep 1 2006 - 10:45 PM' post='826120929']

Hmmm . . . Not quit the lopsided score many expected. Maybe, D-B isn't as good as everyone thought? Maybe, Bearden is better than most people thought? Or maybe, a little of both :D

Well, here is my report from the game.

First off, it was a great night for football. Perfect weather and temperature. Game was very well attended by DB faithful. Nice class shown by Bearden admin. in having a moment is silence for the young DB band member that recently passed.

I think this was a case of coulda-shoulda-woulda. There were probably a half dozen plays in this game that could have turned the game either way. Several were plays that simply weren't made.

Bearden had several chances, but for whatever reason they just didn't make the plays when good fortune presented itsself. Two dropped ints come to mind. I also wondered why Bearden chose to kick a FG instead of going for it in the first half. They ended up missing the FG.

DB had a chance to get a TD in the first half, but had to settle for a FG. Nice stand by the Bulldogs. Shame on DB for not scoring from inside the 1 yard line.

I thought Bearden was tougher and better than expected. They played tough, never backed down and hit hard. They more or less controlled the game for three quarters. However, when it counted DB made the plays that turned the game. DB owned the 4th quarter. Dominating, punishing runs by Pappas. Defense controlled Bearden on the 4th. Brandon Thompson, Pappas, etc. played well.

My player of the game - Cody Sensabaugh. Two ints and a TD reception.

DB must get better play from the QB position. This was not Burton's best effort, but he showed up in the 4th when it counted. Nice passes and a couple of nice runs. Also, too many penalties and mistakes.

No offense to Bearden, but this is the type of game that DB wins and Bearden, well, losses. When it came to nut-cutting-time, DB made the plays.

I think this game will serve as a character builder for both squads. Even though Bearden lost, they learned alot about themselves. They will be better for it. Same goes for DB.

BTW, refs were typical. By that I mean they were bad.

Best of luck to Bearden. Pound the admirals!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by rolltriberoll

Well, here is my report from the game. First off, it was a great night for football..........

Best of luck to Bearden. Pound the admirals!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Great post…it’s almost like I was there!! Thanks! Sounds like more of a game than many expected. As bad as I hate to say it…………………….way to represent the NET!!!!!! There I said it. :thumb::thumb:

Whew!! That was a close one. I am glad to get out of Bearden with the win. And that was in doubt until late. DB trailed 6-3 going into the 4th qtr. Nice drive and execution by the Indians to finally get a TD for the winning score.

I think it is plain to see that there is a new kid on the block in the Big East, welcome Bearden. The Bulldogs have a great team, playoff bound, no doubt about it. Their student section was great and huge and loud, all the way to the final horn.

Hey, who called for the Hook and Lateral? I was blown away when DB ran that, it is my favorite play. I like it a little closer to the middle of the field, but Graham ran it and I am tickled about that.

3-0 and 1-0 in Region 1 5A

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Great game, Indians! To understand what it took to beat a very good Bulldog team you have to realize what this team overcame this week - the death of an inspirational classmate, the understandable absence of its noisiest fan (only the largest marching band anywhere in Tennessee), a plague of strep and flu and the emotional drain of a huge rivalry game in week 1. Hat's off to the Indians and the coaching staff.

D-Line - great game :) - Davis, Kramer, Preston, Lecklikner, Salyer. Stopped the rush, set up the LBs, pressure the passer - especially the 4th quarter. 49 yards rushing for the Bulldogs - OUTSTANDING! Coach Watson's a genius! Keep it up - nuff said!

The Bulldogs will be a dangerous opponent for any team they face this year - well coached and well disciplined. How they kept the offensive line from jumping with all the hard counts is amazing.

Looking forward to a trip to the Ship!

Roll Tribe!

To answer someone's question " Is DB not as good as they say or is Bearden better than expected?" I have to say that Bearden is better than expected. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment much but I do know that DB has a very strong team this season, having seen their first two games. Is DB good enough to go all the way? Who knows, but they definitely are better than last year. Apparently Bearden is better as well.

Hope everyone got home healthy.