Lake Co at Union City

mrbigster

Lake Co will travel to U.C. this Friday night with the winner being in pretty good shape to win the region..I'm not saying the winner of this game will win the region,before all the McKenzie,West Carrol,Bruceton fans etc,tear into me pretty hard,just that the winner will in pretty good shape toward that goal...Union City is coming off a loss that most people wouldn't have imagined ,not at the loss,but the score...But U.C. will be out to prove that they are a much better football team then the team that showed up Friday night and they will have the home crowd..Union City always has a ton of talented athletes..Lake Co will come in with a 1-0 record,beating a Mississippi team that is suspect,and try to avenge a loss at the hands of Union City last year by a lop-sided margin...Does U.C. spoil the Falcons hopes again or does Lake Co get a much needed win and get a little revenge?

If you won't say it I will, the winner of this game wins the region. Mckenzie just isn't good enough to beat these teams this year. Mckenzie has a good team don't get me wrong, they just ran into a year when Lake County has the best team it has had in over a decade. The winner of this game wins the region, and I think it will be Lake County, but close...28-27

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you won't say it I will, the winner of this game wins the region. Mckenzie just isn't good enough to beat these teams this year. Mckenzie has a good team don't get me wrong, they just ran into a year when Lake County has the best team it has had in over a decade. The winner of this game wins the region, and I think it will be Lake County, but close...28-27

I DONT KNOW IF THE SCORE WILL BE THAT CLOSE, I THINK IT WILL BE MORE LIKE OH SAY... LC20==UC6

Union City will win this game because they have better coaching and they are more fundamentally sound.

You don't even know anything about our coaching staff or you would not have made that stupid comment. Did you graduate at UC? Sounds like it. Anyways, I've never seen a coach score a TD or catch a pass or even fumble so I'd say to you tornado fans welcome to Class A football. Our coaches are great and our players greater. Tornado warning expired for West TN. Just a slight puff of wind in Union City Friday night. Just enough to let the FALCONS FLY HIGH. Remember UC went to the Boro last year but LOST as they will this Friday Night. You need to worry about McKenzie and West Carroll instead of Lake Co. Friday is a done deal but you still might have a chance to end up 3rd in the region.

Edited by lcfalconfever

You don't even know anything about our coaching staff or you would not have made that stupid comment. Did you graduate at UC? Sounds like it. Anyways, I've never seen a coach score a TD or catch a pass or even fumble so I'd say to you tornado fans welcome to Class A football. Our coaches are great and our players greater. Tornado warning expired for West TN. Just a slight puff of wind in Union City Friday night. Just enough to let the FALCONS FLY HIGH. Remember UC went to the Boro last year but LOST as they will this Friday Night. You need to worry about McKenzie and West Carroll instead of the Lake Co. Friday is a done deal but you still might have a chance to end up 3rd in the region.

I realize that UC LOST at the Boro last year...but they got there. Anytime a team gets to the finals..it should be considered a good year; there is no shame in losing to a team that could have beaten any other class's final two. And by the way..i didnt graduate from UC.

Let's please keep this one civil.

I think that Lake County probably has more talent than anyone else in the region. But the question is...do they WANT it more? Or will they be intimidated by that purple and gold like they were last year?

If they can overcome the memory of last year and play with some enthusiasm, Lake County should win this game. If they come out and just go through the motions, it will be a long night.

I realize that UC LOST at the Boro last year...but they got there. Anytime a team gets to the finals..it should be considered a good year; there is no shame in losing to a team that could have beaten any other class's final two. And by the way..i didnt graduate from UC.

First of all, I question the statements of UC having better coaches and being more fundamentally sound. Not saying UC's are bad, but that's a pretty insulting comment to the Lake County staff.

Second, are you saying Trousdale would have beaten Aloca, Maryville, Riverdale, Melrose? Don't think so. When Trousdale was classified to 2A during the previous four-year cycle, they chose to play up to 3A (they'll tell you it was to save on travel; I tell you it was to avoid Alcoa). ... (Oh, poo, I've stirred up the TC people in a UC-LC thread. Don't hate the player; hate the game.)

By the way, I DID graduate from UC. I love the Purple and Gold, but I'm also a realist.

I think that this will be a very good game and I know that Union City will be rocking come Friday night. That place will be packed. That is all I have heard from Lake County fans around here. Everyone is excited and pumped up and I think mostly looking for a little bit of revenge! If Lake County comes ready to play, it should be a good night for the Falcons. If not, it will be a long ride home. I don't know if it is just me or what, but it just seems like we are intimidated by Union City. Take last year for example in both football and basketball. I don't even have to explain! Hopefully that won't be the case Friday night! I am looking forward to a good night of football! Best of luck to the Falcons!

I think that this will be a very good game and I know that Union City will be rocking come Friday night. That place will be packed. That is all I have heard from Lake County fans around here. Everyone is excited and pumped up and I think mostly looking for a little bit of revenge! If Lake County comes ready to play, it should be a good night for the Falcons. If not, it will be a long ride home. I don't know if it is just me or what, but it just seems like we are intimidated by Union City. Take last year for example in both football and basketball. I don't even have to explain! Hopefully that won't be the case Friday night! I am looking forward to a good night of football! Best of luck to the Falcons!

To me the pressure of the thought of losing to the tornadoes has loomed large on the mind of the kids. It seems to me that the kids have an attitude of i hope we dont lose than the feeling of lets win this ball game. And it not just in football it is also in basketball. In both sports Lake County seems that they have to prove that they can compeat against Union City and instead of competeating against them it lead to a lot of mental break downs on key play in both games. If I was a player on the Lake County team then I would make it up in my mind to try my best to help my team to win the ball game instead of the thought of making a mistake. Everyone knows that if you think long you think wrong. Best of luck to the falcons as they make their case as district 14a frontrunners.

First of all, I question the statements of UC having better coaches and being more fundamentally sound. Not saying UC's are bad, but that's a pretty insulting comment to the Lake County staff.

Second, are you saying Trousdale would have beaten Aloca, Maryville, Riverdale, Melrose? Don't think so. When Trousdale was classified to 2A during the previous four-year cycle, they chose to play up to 3A (they'll tell you it was to save on travel; I tell you it was to avoid Alcoa). ... (Oh, poo, I've stirred up the TC people in a UC-LC thread. Don't hate the player; hate the game.)

By the way, I DID graduate from UC. I love the Purple and Gold, but I'm also a realist.

UC is way more fundamentally sound, the players at lake county just run up the field and dont give 100% every play.

Lake County better hope that Springer doesnt get tore up because he is there only chance

UC is way more fundamentally sound, the players at lake county just run up the field and dont give 100% every play.

Lake County better hope that Springer doesnt get tore up because he is there only chance

And complete dummies on the coaching staff. Against westview, Union City thought they had Drew Hayes behind center. Nothing against the White kid but he cant run the 4 wide. And plus Bracey had only 6 carries. That is genious to have one of the best backs in west tn and only give him 6 carries. But why would i expect anything less from a team that had coleman last year and gave him only 13 or less carries a game. In a word stupid. The uc staff is stupid

I am LOVING this bulletin board material!

bigwes68...Don't forget to notice SOME of the Lake Co. posts too...It would look to me you would let a sleeping dog lie and not get him riled up....UC is prime for LC to beat them but, they do have athletes and I would imagine a good bit of pride..The Westview game may have only shocked those boys back to reality....