Lake Co at Union City

mrbigster

LC by 21

Well I was "half" right...get it? Ugh, sorry about that LC fans.

I've been out of pocket the last couple of days and have just now gotten the time to check the scores from Friday night. I was shocked to see that LC was up by 21 at the half and then let it slip away.

It sounds like both teams had their troubles, but it was still a good game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. LC makes it acceptable to walk on the field. Payers should never ever walk on the field. Thats the attitude that gets you beat. And don't say springer shouldn't have been put in that situation. Ask the youngest lineman on uc's team and he will tell you to get away from the dang ball. Common sense not reps in practice. But thats 4 days ago.

Predictions-Lake County holds off a late Fulton County charge.

Milan comes from behind in the 3rd quarter to prevent the upset.

Crow, I assure you that it is not acceptable for LC players to walk off the field.I did not see it happen but if it did I am sure that the LC coaching staff addressed the problem. I think everyone needs to get off of Springer's back.He is a high school kid that was trying to make a play for his team. That play did not lose the game for LC.The game is over and everyone needs to move on. Good luck to UC and hope to see you again in the playoffs.

Crow, I assure you that it is not acceptable for LC players to walk off the field.I did not see it happen but if it did I am sure that the LC coaching staff addressed the problem. I think everyone needs to get off of Springer's back.He is a high school kid that was trying to make a play for his team. That play did not lose the game for LC.The game is over and everyone needs to move on. Good luck to UC and hope to see you again in the playoffs.

Spinger is a good kid that tries his best at everthing he does but the only thing that kills him is when he errors he get down on himself. What he needs to do is get a little tougher skin and he'll be fine. You can see it on his face and his actions that when he does something that hurts the team he slumps the head and trots to the sideline. He should play with a chip on his shouder and feel that he can be the best player in west tennessee. He is a good person that needs to step up and play the way football intended, . Good luck to Springer and the rest of the Falcons on playing the Fulton County piolettes

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Make sure and read this even though it'll probably be too long and discourage many from reading (mainly Lake Co. people)...

I don't live in Union City, much less Tennessee, anymore and don't get the chance to keep up with Coach T (great website by the way) or high school football anymore. I made sure I could make it back for this game because I knew it would be huge... and it was..

Lake Co. beat UC off the field the 1st half, and I was already making plans for after the game, but I'm glad I stayed for the second half.

Where do I start? I know, the conditioning department. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Lake Co. is either gave up or just doesn't run enough at practice. No excuses for that... Um... Springer messing up the punt... Yeah... it was his fault, yes, he knows better whether he is a punt returner or not. I played football at UC and I have a total of 0 punt return yards and about 25 yards on kickoff returns (1 against OC on a squib kick, which I got hurt) and I know better than to touch a punt rolling around on the ground. Now watch this kids, lets flashback to last season UC at Lake Co. anyone remember the Lake Co. fans going nuts when their guys would stand next to rolling punts and the Union City Golden Bullies would hustle downfield and wax them trying to knock them into the ball (completely legal.)? I'm sure he saw it, he should know it.

Don't want to target a single person but someone said college basketball in the same sentence as Springer. Yes, he's good, just not clutch... Saw it all year last year, just couldn't make things happen and get multiple wins against UC (but that's another post.)

Arnold great kick in overtime, good snap by the younger Gossett, it worked out after a couple of practice tries, makes me flash back to when older Gossett snapped to older Sherwood (Arnold's cousin) with the game winning kick by Graham against Dresden a couple years ago. All were sophomores at time.

Player of the game for me was Flood ran the ball hard, noone could tackle the short guy and made countless tackles on defense... And another thing, the past couple years,

I've been loving the support by the Central fans/parents on Coach T except on rivalry week, but then it's all business. Wish I could make it back for the game later today but I'll be checkin in on my UC football buddies. I would make a prediction on the UC-OC game, but my school spirit will not allow that...

By the way slaw means you stink... JohnnyUtah7, the slawest of the slaw...

While I continue rambling, someone mentioned that Johnny Utah played linebacker at Mississippi State where I yell like...well you know our fight song.. Johnny Utah was an All-American QB at Ohio State who blew his knee and went to law school, finally becoming an FBI detective infiltrating a group of bank robbing surfers befriends the head man, Bode, at least in Point Break...

I've always wanted to say this... For Shizzle...

Hey guys,

Make sure and read this even though it'll probably be too long and discourage many from reading (mainly Lake Co. people)...

I don't live in Union City, much less Tennessee, anymore and don't get the chance to keep up with Coach T (great website by the way) or high school football anymore. I made sure I could make it back for this game because I knew it would be huge... and it was..

Lake Co. beat UC off the field the 1st half, and I was already making plans for after the game, but I'm glad I stayed for the second half.

Where do I start? I know, the conditioning department. Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Lake Co. is either gave up or just doesn't run enough at practice. No excuses for that... Um... Springer messing up the punt... Yeah... it was his fault, yes, he knows better whether he is a punt returner or not. I played football at UC and I have a total of 0 punt return yards and about 25 yards on kickoff returns (1 against OC on a squib kick, which I got hurt) and I know better than to touch a punt rolling around on the ground. Now watch this kids, lets flashback to last season UC at Lake Co. anyone remember the Lake Co. fans going nuts when their guys would stand next to rolling punts and the Union City Golden Bullies would hustle downfield and wax them trying to knock them into the ball (completely legal.)? I'm sure he saw it, he should know it.

Don't want to target a single person but someone said college basketball in the same sentence as Springer. Yes, he's good, just not clutch... Saw it all year last year, just couldn't make things happen and get multiple wins against UC (but that's another post.)

Arnold great kick in overtime, good snap by the younger Gossett, it worked out after a couple of practice tries, makes me flash back to when older Gossett snapped to older Sherwood (Arnold's cousin) with the game winning kick by Graham against Dresden a couple years ago. All were sophomores at time.

Player of the game for me was Flood ran the ball hard, noone could tackle the short guy and made countless tackles on defense... And another thing, the past couple years,

I've been loving the support by the Central fans/parents on Coach T except on rivalry week, but then it's all business. Wish I could make it back for the game later today but I'll be checkin in on my UC football buddies. I would make a prediction on the UC-OC game, but my school spirit will not allow that...

By the way slaw means you stink... JohnnyUtah7, the slawest of the slaw...

While I continue rambling, someone mentioned that Johnny Utah played linebacker at Mississippi State where I yell like...well you know our fight song.. Johnny Utah was an All-American QB at Ohio State who blew his knee and went to law school, finally becoming an FBI detective infiltrating a group of bank robbing surfers befriends the head man, Bode, at least in Point Break...

I've always wanted to say this... For Shizzle...

Well, I saw every play of the Lake County / Union City game and yes Lake county played very well in the first half but give the Union City defense credit. They kept Lake Co. close in the first for Flood / White and the U C offense take control in the second half.

Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! is the blame for Lake County. I was not impressed at all with the Lake County coaching staff. Their players were cramping up and injuries big time. They lost several players in the Fulton County game the next week. It will be hard for many to go far with little support from sidelines ( I mean player #'s ). This is U C's problem as well. You have to have some back up to carry very far.

You never know, U C and the Falcons could meet again and I know Lake County will be more than ready.