McCallie/Baylor

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you right now that Potter will be coaching at Brentwood Academy next year... Mark my words... He has already signed the papers!

This is all new to me. Where is this information coming from? If it's true, I don't think it would be done in the middle of the season. I have a hard time believing he would leave his alma mater.

I'll tell you right now that Potter will be coaching at Brentwood Academy next year... Mark my words... He has already signed the papers!

+being somone what was a 7th grader when ralph was a senior and watching ralph coach my little brother (he bailed on em my lb's junior year) and My little brothrer was the last class to beat McCallie and beat potter too. there is a reason I don't captilixe names.

This is all new to me. Where is this information coming from? If it's true, I don't think it would be done in the middle of the season. I have a hard time believing he would leave his alma mater.

I agree with you he had teams beating McCallies as and left to go back to daddy's team I'll bet a years salary RP will never leave McCallie. He's gotta live up to daddy and we all have daddy issues ) he's no different

I agree with you he had teams beating McCallies as and left to go back to daddy's team I'll bet a years salary RP will never leave McCallie. He's gotta live up to daddy and we all have daddy issues ) he's no different

Daddy issues? LOL....Ralph is already an accomplished coach and he doesn't have to live up to his father. Ralph didn't bail on anyone and he didn't cut and run. He called a team meeting at Baylor and informed them first of his decision. It was done with respect and class towards the guys that played for him at Baylor. Ralph grew up on the McCallie campus, played there, and his dad was the coach there. That's why he came back. It had nothing to do with your so-called "daddy issues." At least you admit you have daddy issues.....

how much do you make? Do you even have a year of salary in the bank now? Go ahead and cut the check to PT OWL & SgtOwl22. B)

BJ Coleman is a great QB. What is his passing average? 250 yards per game. Incredible!

As for Potter leaving to go to BA. There is no way. I believe the poster that is stirring this up must be a BA fan. He knows that if he gets McCallie worried about losing their coach, that maybe then BA would be able to win the state championship. I have seen BA play twice this year and they just "Flatt" out, get out coached.

I heard before this season was even started that Potter was leaving next year. This is his last year at McCallie. Its already in the bag... Trust me. I've heard from very very reliable sources. I've just kept my mouth shut. He has already signed the papers and everything.

And actually I live in Chattanooga. I'm not a BA fan

Now back to the game...

I realized that Baylor was doing a good job of ball control the first half, but I did not realize until it was reported on the news that McCallie only ran 8 plays the first half. And had 3 tDs in those 8 plays. That is quite a stat. I have said it several times and I still believe that in order to beat McCallie, someone is going to have to put a bunch of points on the board. I do not see anyone with an offense that can keep up with McCallie.

On another note, BJ Coleman is awfully good but Dozier and Bradford certainly make him even better. Not a slap at BJ, I am just saying that they have some special talent, in addition to BJ, on this team.

BJ Coleman is a great QB. What is his passing average? 250 yards per game. Incredible!

As for Potter leaving to go to BA. There is no way. I believe the poster that is stirring this up must be a BA fan. He knows that if he gets McCallie worried about losing their coach, that maybe then BA would be able to win the state championship. I have seen BA play twice this year and they just "Flatt" out, get out coached.

Well, here I am with the BA side of this rumor.

First of all that is pretty idiotic to think that a BA fan could use a Jedi mind trick on McCallie to win a state championship. Also, I have never known ssvolguy to be a BA fan on any past posts. Second of all the "out coached" part of things has been happening a lot over the past several years, so I can't argue with you there. In the 70's, 80's and 90's Coach Flatt was the one out coaching people.

Now it is the 21st century and BA has things narrowed down to 4-5 candidates for next year. I don't know that Coach Potter is our isn't a candidate. However, I do know that there is not a deal with anyone yet. Also, this is the first mention of Coach Potter for the job that I have heard of. There is my contribution to the rumor mill.

Edited by USA1

Well, here I am with the BA side of this rumor.

First of all that is pretty idiotic to think that a BA fan could use a Jedi mind trick on McCallie to win a state championship. Also, I have never known ssvolguy to be a BA fan on any past posts. Second of all the "out coached" part of things has been happening a lot over the past several years, so I can't argue with you there. In the 70's, 80's and 90's Coach Flatt was the one out coaching people.

Now it is the 21st century and BA has things narrowed down to 4-5 candidates for next year. I don't know that Coach Potter is our isn't a candidate. However, I do know that there is not a deal with anyone yet. Also, this is the first mention of Coach Potter for the job that I have heard of. There is my contribution to the rumor mill.

Coach Potter isn't going anywhere. For those of you who've been hearing things, let it go. It seems that everyone bringing this stuff up isn't even close to the program. Coach Potter will be at McCallie until he retires. Besides, he wouldn't make a lateral move. If he did leave, it would be for a major college program. You guys are a bunch of fools to think he would leave McCallie for another high school.

Edited by Buzzman