Powell vs. Lenoir City

PowellFan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell should be able to take this one and secure the win by the 4th quarter. I dont see LC moving the ball that much on Powell's D which held Webb, except for that 70 something yard TD run, to 55 yards rushing. Plus I think Powell got the mistakes out of their system vs. Webb and is ready to open up region play with a convincing win. Powell by 20.

Hopefully for powellfan and HIV, the pussycats from Powell will win this week. Who knows what would happen if Powell started out 0-2. I hate to admit it but, it looks like the Devils could wind up 0-2. But with all of the stud football players at Powell and their coaching staff, what a blow it would be to their ego to start out 0-2. Good luck LC!

I belive that this game will be closer than everyone thinks.

I don't belive Powell is a bad team by any means. They lost to one of the best teams in the state by a mere touchdown.

Lenoir City had a terrible first game at the Campbell County Cougers losing because of 2 missed xtra points & a key fumbled snap by their starting quarterback Zach Cusick inside the red zone in the closing seconds of the game.

Lenoir City's 2nd game was quite a bit more impressive, shutting out the Cumberland County Jets 28-0 in their second away game in a row.

Coach White runs primarily a running offence, but QB Cusick hit some key passes against the jets including an impressive touchdown pass.

Powell looked good against the Webb Spartains but the better team ended up winning in the end.

Powell is also very green, losing key offensive & devisive players, oh yeah and their head coach. We'll get to she exactly how good first year head Coach Matt Lowe & first year starter Jr. QB Matt Abba really are leading this pather team in their second consecutive away game.

I am biased, yes, my little brother plays for Lenoir City and I wish them the best.

However, I cannot go against my gut, I pick Powell by 3 in a close one.

Joseph