Clinton Football

Dano519

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeeell, we beat S-D, L-C, Halls, West, Powell, Clinton has a chance against all of them, even Oak Ridge people are saying so, you cant say that you cant give them a chance, UNLESS you see them, and seeing the way you are talking, you havent seen them!!!!

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say- must be close enough to Oak Ridge to where the radiation is affecting your speech capacity- but if coming off an impressive 1-9 season and getting smacked around by Oak Ridge is enough to get you excited, then more power to you. And you are correct, I have not seen them play- I prefer to spend my Friday evenings watching a team that wins football games. Don't worry though, I'll have a close enough look at your Dragons when they come to Fountain City on October 20------we'll see how you feel about your chances after that.

I agree with Cleveland--I don't see the Dragons making the playoffs. They won't beat Maryville or Central. I would be shocked if they beat Powell. I really don't think they will beat West, either. They do have a fair chance against the rest of the teams in the region, though. After having been down for so long, the Dragons will have to work their way up the ladder. I, for one, hope they do improve to be a better caliber team than they have been. If you can keep the kids at Clinton, and have patience with your coaching staff, things should get better.

Better but still bad. Time for the series to end and let both teams move on. The JV game was a 39-0 beating of Clinton and the Dragons lost the freshman game 41-18. The future isn't bright. Clinton should schedule another Campbell County to get a win while Oak Ridge should play another 5A school to get them ready for the good teams on the schedule.

Edited by Cats meow

Cats Meow, I agree with you, time to drop the Dragons. But, the gate is too important to both programs and county politics won't let it die. It's about the $, unfortunately. Coach Stevens said last night that Clinton will definately be on the schedule next year for sure, and that Maryville will not. Guess we'll have to thump them at least one more time at the Ship.

Better but still bad. Time for the series to end and let both teams move on. The JV game was a 39-0 beating of Clinton and the Dragons lost the freshman game 41-18. The future isn't bright. Clinton should schedule another Campbell County to get a win while Oak Ridge should play another 5A school to get them ready for the good teams on the schedule.

Well, well....looks like the search for "Class" from Cats Meow didn't happen. How does it feel to continually bash high school kids...Didn't you learn your lesson last year....what comes around goes around? Losing the State Championship should have been a wake-up call to get off your high-horse and just keep your bashing of Clinton kids to yourself!

I don't think he was bashing kids, but simply stating the scores of games and expressing his opinion, that Clinton should be dropped from the schedule. It's a growing sentiment in Oak Ridge. We don't gain anything by playing Clinton, and they sure don't gain anything by losing the first game every year usually in a lopsided fashion. When you start a thread asking what people think of Clinton football, what do you expect?