MBA vs. MUS

TheBigRedDog

that is completely ridiculous. thats like teams from memphis or chattanooga sayin every time they lose, its them refs in nashville "homecookin" again. don't get angry because the mba coach got two penalties on the last drive. if the refs warn you to shut up, then shut the heck up, yellin at them some more is not going to help, and obviously it made a huge difference in a potential win for mba.

Edited by horn3189

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen problems with the same type of thing before out of the refs in Memphis. You talk about home cookin, the Memphis teams always gets it.

TMA123,

"Home Cooking," huh?

Well, as a Memphian, I feel duty-bound to adress that comment, "level" the playing field and add feul to the fire.

You've definitely opened up some old wounds, TMA123!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not see the MBA/MUS game, but...maybe, just maybe those "Memphis" football refs were trying to atone for the outright disgusting, dispicable and outright blatent "hose" job that those East/Middle TN (whichever) refs put on (undefeated) Memphis Hamilton's basketball team, during its 2006 AAA Championship game vs Shelbyville!

Disgraceful. Disgraceful. Disgraceful.

Many of you know exactly what I'm referring to. If you don't know, please ask somebody...

Man, you talk about trying to take a game away from a team...those refs that called the Hamilton/Shelbyville game were an an absolute abomination! They did everything in their power (unsucessfully, thank goodness) to try and help Shelbyville beat Memphis Hamilton. It was sooooo obvious, to any honest, unbiased observer.

Those refs should have been FIRED, ordered to do community service and had their Referee liscenses revoked, permanently.... Of course, whe know none of those (appropriate) forms of punishment likely happened.

So, if the "Memphis" refs hosed MBA, last Friday nite vs MUS...Well, you know what they say, "What goes around comes around!"

TMA123,

"Home Cooking," huh?

Well, as a Memphian, I feel duty-bound to adress that comment, "level" the playing field and add feul to the fire.

You've definitely opened up some old wounds, TMA123!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not see the MBA/MUS game, but...maybe, just maybe those "Memphis" football refs were trying to atone for the outright disgusting, dispicable and outright blatent "hose" job that those East/Middle TN (whichever) refs put on (undefeated) Memphis Hamilton's basketball team, during its 2006 AAA Championship game vs Shelbyville!

Disgraceful. Disgraceful. Disgraceful.

Many of you know exactly what I'm referring to. If you don't know, please ask somebody...

Man, you talk about trying to take a game away from a team...those refs that called the Hamilton/Shelbyville game were an an absolute abomination! They did everything in their power (unsucessfully, thank goodness) to try and help Shelbyville beat Memphis Hamilton. It was sooooo obvious, to any honest, unbiased observer.

Those refs should have been FIRED, ordered to do community service and had their Referee liscenses revoked, permanently.... Of course, whe know none of those (appropriate) forms of punishment likely happened.

So, if the "Memphis" refs hosed MBA, last Friday nite vs MUS...Well, you know what they say, "What goes around comes around!"

Alrighty then...Good luck with ALL that.

I have seen problems with the same type of thing before out of the refs in Memphis. You talk about home cookin, the Memphis teams always gets it.

I was at the game and the calls were very sanctioned and legit. When your head coach does not know when enough is enough you get a 15 yard penalty. This is not the NFL you can not keep giving the refs an earfull with no conciquences. Learn your lesson and do not be stupid at a critical time in them game. It is that simple. And home cooking does not ever happen up in Nashville? I think you need to get off your high and mighty stool and get a reality check.

Edited by Bauber

I don't really think the penalties mattered all that much. MBA did not have the offense going at all in the second half. They might have gotten into long field goal range, but I don't see the outcome being very different. The good news is that they just played the two time state champ and lost by 3 and were in the game until the last minute, all while starting a new QB for the first time. There could be a silver lining here...

Having had some time to think about it, I have a couple of thoughts. Again, I was not there. First, it is entirely likely that MBA would not have won anyway. There was little time left and it would have been a long field goal. Secondly, Rutledge should not have lost his cool like he did. However, I have been around a lot of football games and never seen a coach flagged for yelling at an official. I saw my coach, Ricky Bowers walk out to midfield during a game and yell at the refs and they didn't do anything. I just think its remarkable that the officials called not one, but two penalties on him during such a crucial point in the game. Unless, he was dropping F-bombs and making fun of the ref's momma, I don't see the justification for the penalties, especially the 15 yarder. Again, MBA had their chances and didn't capitalize. Its possible that the call didn't matter and that MBA would have lost anyway. I just think it is an interesting move by the official.

On to next week and an improved CPA team...

Edited by TheBigRedDog

I think there is always "home cooking" in east, west and middle tennessee, but having been to a lot of memphis games in the past, there is definately more "home cooking" in memphis from the refs. I agree that 2 calls against a coach for unsportsmanship is uncalled for. I have seen coach rutledge coach and he seems very controlled. It must have been something for him to lose his cool.

I think there is always "home cooking" in east, west and middle tennessee, but having been to a lot of memphis games in the past, there is definately more "home cooking" in memphis from the refs. I agree that 2 calls against a coach for unsportsmanship is uncalled for. I have seen coach rutledge coach and he seems very controlled. It must have been something for him to lose his cool.

Yes, there is "home cooking" everywhere. I played for MUS for 4 years haha and most of the time it was refs calling against us in just about any game in memphis. I don't think we are liked very much by most of the city :thumb: .

Yes, there is "home cooking" everywhere. I played for MUS for 4 years haha and most of the time it was refs calling against us in just about any game in memphis. I don't think we are liked very much by most of the city :thumb: .

And we from MBA say that in Nashville, you hate MBA, or you're from MBA. Of course, as one of the truly wise men of the age, Mr. Novak (there's a name for the MBA alumni) used to say, you should never be in a situation where a referee's call costs you the game.