WaCo Jaco's Top Ten?

recruitguru

59 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

He’s brilliant for not even having a 3rd grade education. 

Anything past the first grade is wasted these days. Just look, we've got kids coming out of high school now that don't know what gender they are or which bathroom to use. Learn to read and write and go get a job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Mr. Waco,

I'm an occasional poster with a little knowledge of football (mind you, I said little) could you be so kind as to give us some specifics on how you would fix DBs pass defense?

lol, I think I see where you're going with this, but maybe not. I've had a few on here that have basically told me if I think I can do a better job that I should apply. Well obviously I'm no coach and no I couldn't do a better job. But I have watched enough football to know that if there are receivers running all over the field wide open on 75-80% of the plays that are run against your team then there might be a problem with your secondary. And add to that the fact that it's not just one game but every game, and it's not just every game but it's every game for the past 20 years. And add to that it's not just against good teams but its also bad teams. This has done gone past weird. I'm not even sure there's a word for it.  Probably the weirdest thing about it is I think I've only heard them address it as a problem once. That was a couple years ago. I was sure when Barrett retired they would hire a good coach and fix it. Been two hires sense then and right now the secondary is at its worst ever. And that's saying a ton. It's not the athletes. No way in HE double L with all the great athletes that have walked on the field at DB that anybody can say it's the players.  To me I think it would be a simple fix. Do some research and find a guy that can actually coach the secondary. Let him get down into the middle school and start a program and help the middle school coaches coach the players up. You can't keep hiring your buddies and former players (good ole boys) just because their your buddies. It's fine if they can coach but if they can't then your stuck because their your pals and you can't fire your pals. That's business 101. And I'm sure their all great guys. Clark, Barrett, and the other secondary coaches, all great guys, just not good coaches. The only pass defense DB has is getting a lot of pressure on the QB. When they run up against a team with a good offensive line and a good quarterback their toast. Every time. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol, I think I see where you're going with this, but maybe not. I've had a few on here that have basically told me if I think I can do a better job that I should apply. Well obviously I'm no coach and no I couldn't do a better job. But I have watched enough football to know that if there are receivers running all over the field wide open on 75-80% of the plays that are run against your team then there might be a problem with your secondary. And add to that the fact that it's not just one game but every game, and it's not just every game but it's every game for the past 20 years. And add to that it's not just against good teams but its also bad teams. This has done gone past weird. I'm not even sure there's a word for it.  Probably the weirdest thing about it is I think I've only heard them address it as a problem once. That was a couple years ago. I was sure when Barrett retired they would hire a good coach and fix it. Been two hires sense then and right now the secondary is at its worst ever. And that's saying a ton. It's not the athletes. No way in HE double L with all the great athletes that have walked on the field at DB that anybody can say it's the players.  To me I think it would be a simple fix. Do some research and find a guy that can actually coach the secondary. Let him get down into the middle school and start a program and help the middle school coaches coach the players up. You can't keep hiring your buddies and former players (good ole boys) just because their your buddies. It's fine if they can coach but if they can't then your stuck because their your pals and you can't fire your pals. That's business 101. And I'm sure their all great guys. Clark, Barrett, and the other secondary coaches, all great guys, just not good coaches. The only pass defense DB has is getting a lot of pressure on the QB. When they run up against a team with a good offensive line and a good quarterback their toast. Every time. 

No Sir, no hidden agenda here.  I think you are spot on in your assessment.  Until the feeder programs are set up to teach the basics DB will struggle against good passing teams.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

No Sir, no hidden agenda here.  I think you are spot on in your assessment.  Until the feeder programs are set up to teach the basics DB will struggle against good passing teams.

The good news for DB is that very few high school teams are proficient at passing every down.      Boone has had our struggles with pass defense as well, I have felt that pain for a long time.    This year at least so far we are pretty good though

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

The good news for DB is that very few high school teams are proficient at passing every down.      Boone has had our struggles with pass defense as well, I have felt that pain for a long time.    This year at least so far we are pretty good though

I'm not seeing any of the teams in upper east taking a pass defense as anything critical with the exception of Betsy and Greenville. Humm?  But I think DB is by far the worst of the upper east teams. And to answer your first comment. It's a mystery to me why a team, a passing team or not, wouldn't throw on every down against DB. There's several things you can do to offset the pass rush. Where the good news is for DB is the majority of teams they play are not very well coached.