Milan playoff streak

bulldawgs#1

I read in the Milan paper a couple of weeks ago where we have been to playoffs 23 straight years going on 24 and and 34 out of the last 35 years. The streak is the longest in the state. What are some streaks that are close? Does anyone see the streak ending some time soon?

No disrespect intended for Coach Morris but MIlan's coaching staff could all be head coaches and have been together how long?That is the reason for the playoff streak.

I read in the Milan paper a couple of weeks ago where we have been to playoffs 23 straight years going on 24 and and 34 out of the last 35 years. The streak is the longest in the state. What are some streaks that are close? Does anyone see the streak ending some time soon?

Wow. That doesn't even suprise me though. Milan has been a great program for as long as I can remember.

How many teams used to make it from a region? 1? and How many teams were in a region?

I think until around 80 or 81, only the district champ made it, and then until 93 2 made it. Then in 93 is was 3, and 94 until now it is 4. The district sizes would be comparable to what basketball as baseball are now. Some may only had 5, others 8 or 9. If I remember correctly, rural West TN usually had district 13 and 14, and each had 7 or 8 teams.

That streak is impressive because there were a lot of very good AA football programs in West TN in the 70s and 80s. To be the top or top 2 teams for that long just shows how good the Milan program is.

I have lived in Greenfield my whole life, and Milan is the program that all programs are measured by to everyone in Greenfield. Its not Westview, its not Union City, its not Huntington...even though they are pretty good, its Milan. My dad played Milan...and got beat...in the seventies and he talks about the respect hey had for them then. I am humbled by Milan's tradition, and I don't know of anything that could be that tough that long and still wear purple. :unsure:

I have lived in Greenfield my whole life, and Milan is the program that all programs are measured by to everyone in Greenfield. Its not Westview, its not Union City, its not Huntington...even though they are pretty good, its Milan. My dad played Milan...and got beat...in the seventies and he talks about the respect hey had for them then. I am humbled by Milan's tradition, and I don't know of anything that could be that tough that long and still wear purple. :thumb:

I played for Henry County a few years ago. We had some decent teams but Milan always beat us eaisly. They are the best program in West Tennessee and one of the best it the entire state.