Who should win the AL MVP?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My anyone but Jeter campaign worked, and for that I am happy.

Glad to know others were campaigning too.

Honestly, I could care less about the MVP and other postseason awards. As I said after the 2005 season when Carp and Pujols won their awards, I'd trade them for a Series title in a heartbeat. Neither one won this year, and despite a few brumblings about Pujols, not one St. Louis fan really cares. All they have become is fuel for talk radio, and that is about it.

I am glad Jeter did not win because I think he is the most overrated player in the game of baseball. Yeah, the guy is a good player, but if he played in a market other than New York or Boston, he would be just an above average player who played hard every night. But, because he is a pretty boy in New York, this transends him to a completely different level that I just do not get. As "clutch" as he is supposed to be, look at his postseason numbers. They really aren't that impressive when you consider the number of postseason games he has played. While he was important, there were MANY other reasons the Yankees went on that tear from 96-2000 other than him. Given what we hear about him on a constant basis, you would think he would be able to put them team on his back and carry them to at least one title since 2000, but he has not.

Glad to know others were campaigning too.

Honestly, I could care less about the MVP and other postseason awards. As I said after the 2005 season when Carp and Pujols won their awards, I'd trade them for a Series title in a heartbeat. Neither one won this year, and despite a few brumblings about Pujols, not one St. Louis fan really cares. All they have become is fuel for talk radio, and that is about it.

I am glad Jeter did not win because I think he is the most overrated player in the game of baseball. Yeah, the guy is a good player, but if he played in a market other than New York or Boston, he would be just an above average player who played hard every night. But, because he is a pretty boy in New York, this transends him to a completely different level that I just do not get. As "clutch" as he is supposed to be, look at his postseason numbers. They really aren't that impressive when you consider the number of postseason games he has played. While he was important, there were MANY other reasons the Yankees went on that tear from 96-2000 other than him. Given what we hear about him on a constant basis, you would think he would be able to put them team on his back and carry them to at least one title since 2000, but he has not.

Yea, I was shocked Jeter didn't win simply because he was Jeter. I thought Pujols should have been NL MVP, but Howard was a worthy candidate and had numbers hard to ignore. And like Sol said and I'm sure Albert would agree, that rock they slide on their finger next April is much more important than another trophy in the case.

Yea, I was shocked Jeter didn't win simply because he was Jeter. I thought Pujols should have been NL MVP, but Howard was a worthy candidate and had numbers hard to ignore. And like Sol said and I'm sure Albert would agree, that rock they slide on their finger next April is much more important than another trophy in the case.

I think you may be wrong cause Albert seems very upset about the award.

Snubbed Pujols says MVP should be on playoff team