SCIENCE HILL vs. TENNESSEE HIGH

PowrPlus

Watching the Toppers play Cow Town, I saw a hard clean game. Watching the Cow Town at TN High game, well, lets just say there were some very questionable hits going on. I think they'll play hard, but clean?

Toppers 21

Vikings 14

I admit I saw some of that too, but I saw it on both sides.

Now lets clear up some common misconceptions here:

1. Tennessee High has some speed, maybe not track stars, but they can move a little bit.

2. Tennessee has no superstars. Superstars meaning targets on backs.

3. Tennessee can pass the ball

Over the past two games, Tennessee has completed 3 passes out of 8 attempts with one interception. (14 yd pass, 67 yd pass, 15 yd td pass)

Improvements can be made in the passing game, but they haven't been necessary since the Vikings are averaging 301 yards rushing.

Tennessee came ready to play against the 0-2 Cyclones. It shouldn't be any different against a good 2-0 team.

If either team comes in overconfident, they'll be leaving with a loss.

I look for it to be a close game this week and hopefully both teams can stay injury free.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys that say the Vikings can

I think you guys that say the Vikings can’t pass the ball are misled. THS hasn’t passed the ball much simply because they haven’t had to. If you have seen the last two games you would know that the ground game has been so effective that the Vikings haven’t seen many true passing situations. They have occasionally passed the ball only to keep their opponents honest, and have been fairly effective with it with one interception and one 20yd touchdown in the Elizabethton game. The old saying rings true here “If it aint broke don’t fix it)! Now don’t get it twisted…if the Hilltopper defense is able to stop the Viking running attack, we will no doubt see what the Vikings air attach looks like. But until they do…you can look forward to the Vikings traditional MASH MOUTH (stop me if you can) ground barrage this Friday night!!! :thumb: Say what you will…but that’s the bottom line. :(

Edited by Cap1

This should be a good one. Tennessee High will not simply overpower Science Hill. I think the linemen (both defense and offense) will be fairly even. Science Hill is bigger and stronger than Elizabethton. Number 77 for Science Hill may be the best lineman in East Tennessee. Tennessee played with a tremendous amount of heart and emotion last Friday. Can they duplicate that? The Viking ground game is bruising, but the Hilltoppers will counter with a tough ground assault. Can the Vikings throw? I was told the answer is yes, that they are waiting for the right time. Should be a classic, sorry I'll be at DB / Oakridge, tough to choose. My guess

Science Hill 5A - 22

Tennessee 4A - 21

Good Luck to both

I think you guys that say the Vikings can

I think you guys that say the Vikings can’t pass the ball are misled. THS hasn’t passed the ball much simply because they haven’t had to. If you have seen the last two games you would know that the ground game has been so effective that the Vikings haven’t seen many true passing situations. They have occasionally passed the ball only to keep their opponents honest, and have been fairly effective with it with one interception and one 20yd touchdown in the Elizabethton game. The old saying rings true here “If it aint broke don’t fix it)! Now don’t get it twisted…if the Hilltopper defense is able to stop the Viking running attack, we will no doubt see what the Vikings air attach looks like. But until they do…you can look forward to the Vikings traditional MASH MOUTH (stop me if you can) ground barrage this Friday night!!! :huh: Say what you will…but that’s the bottom line. :lol:

everyone knows that the best offenses have a balanced attack. 60 % run 40% pass, if you don't use the passing game effectively, then stick to the run. If THS can pass then the best thing for them to do is practice it in game situations. How do you know they can pass? watching practice? this is not a true test. If they can pass then they are stupid for not using it more to open up the running game more. We know they can run. they have proven that. with double tight sets they will run over the best, good speed, and strength. they have not been tested yet though. betsy didn't have the size or speed to play with them. The hill does. I still favor THS due to the balance on both sides of the ball. SH defense wasn't that impressive. Should be a good hitting game..

Tn High is a more disiplined team and executes extemely well. SHs game is also very strong, especially on defense. SH probably has an edge in the passing game as I think that TN High has a running edge. Tn High getting to SHs QB will be a key. The middle of SHs run defense while containing the TH QB will be their key. I look for a low scoring game. Defense will be the key and I do believe I know the outcome but I'll not get into that. Too many friends on both sides of the ball. Good luck!

Tn High is a more disiplined team and executes extemely well. SHs game is also very strong, especially on defense. SH probably has an edge in the passing game as I think that TN High has a running edge. Tn High getting to SHs QB will be a key. The middle of SHs run defense while containing the TH QB will be their key. I look for a low scoring game. Defense will be the key and I do believe I know the outcome but I'll not get into that. Too many friends on both sides of the ball. Good luck!

Com'on . . . Give us a prediction? Do you really think that TN High has a better running game?

I think that was the first time I have ever seen THS run the wishbone..They mostly use the veer or carolina set. I must say they did run it quiet well.

I mean 3rd and 34 and you run for a first down ! Betsy was just know match up front on either side of the ball.

I don,t mean to slam on the Betsy fans but screaming at your qb to hit a guy 20 to 30 yards down field when he don,t even have time to set his feet to look down field is crazy I felt sorry for the kid . he took a beating.

But back on topic if I were a betting man The Hill won,t see the wishbone.

THS 24

SH 14

Edited by couch qb

Science Hill has the edge in about every category. They are bigger; and they have more speed and athleticism. But they never know how to use any of these things to their advantage. They feature a very athletic and speedy receiving crew…but the QB rarely saw the open man in the Elizabethton game. They have a talented RB in #40 Solomon. This kid has unbelievable vision and speed. He makes precision cuts on the move and has the potential to score every time he gets the ball. He just needs to learn to run north and south. But the Hill prefers the larger much slower power back. Just as in the Elizabethton game…execution, discipline, (and I’ll throw in COACHING for this game)…will be the deciding factors in this game.

Vikings 21

The Hill 17

Edited by Cap1

After attending the TH-Betsy game, I was impressed with the Vikings play. They are known for their disiplined play on defense and the players that tote the mail seem to have good speed and determination. I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere at the game as it was my first time being in the Stone Castle and that may be due to the fact that I was sitting in the Betsy section and listening to all the ridiculus excuses and comments to the referees. The Cyclones fell into an hole quick and wasn't able to recover, I expected an better game from the team but I can see why they may have "given up" with all the crap they have been hearing from their fans the last couple of weeks.

The Vikings defense looked good but they had help. I think I will have to give SHHS offensive line the edge against the Vikings. I believe their front seven will have an time with Science Hill's size and quickness. I'm not sure how The Hill will attack their defense but if they can mix up the pass and run to keep them on their heels they shouldn't have an problem. That will require throwing down the field and this offense hasn't showed an ability to do that yet. If Science Hill is able to establish the running game and allow the backs to get into the second level with space, the passing game won't matter. I'm sure that the Vikings will scheme to keep the offense from getting to the edge so the running between the tackles will be key and I believe 2 years ago Scott had an field day doing just that. Solomon is more of an north south runner than most of our opponents know because he's more of an i-back naturally. Science Hill hasn't had an turnover to this point and this defense could caused them to lose their patience if they aren't careful.

The two games I've seen of the Viking offense, hasn't showed alot in the passing game, not saying that they can't but haven't seen that and I believe that if your not doing it in games it will hurt you at sometime. It's alot different passing in games then at pratice. The speed is alot different.Over the past few years, SHHS has showed vulnerabilty(sp) against runs up the gut. The Hill gave up some big plays to Central in the running game but no points. Elizabethton's run game was shut down by both their coaching staff and the Hilltopper defense. Science Hill has way too much speed on defense to give up the runs that Betsy did. The concern is that in the past two games the defense was on the field alot more than they should be without an huge lead. If the Topper offense isn't helping the defense out, I believe that the Vikings may be able to move the ball in the later stages of an close game.Ball security is going to have to be of importance because TH backs haven't had the wood put on them like they will friday night.

Science Hill will not be get out with an win if they allow TH to hang around like they did Betsy. I'm going to wait a few days until I can get an grip of how Science Hill will attack the Viking defense before putting out an maragin of victory. I know that Science Hill's speed and size will be an hurdle for Tennessee High but I'm concerned with the ability of the offense to execute the game plan after the Betsy game.