Westmoreland vs Gordonsville

Boobi

Moss, :lol:

quit trying to play the game between GHS & FC on the message boards. FC has nothing locked in. They've played no meaningful Region games yet. However, I can assure you that all their focus is squarely on H2Otown currently. Thats why you didn't see any of them watching your game last night. They were all in Watertown. They are looking one game at a time on the schedule and they'll focus on GHS when week 8 rolls around. :lol:

You will hear no one from FC comparing our team this year to last years TC state champs. Some posters on here might try to compare the two but FC players should know, until they make it the boro and win a title, comparisons can't be logically made.

As for your "jungle". It's kind of lost some of that luster it used to hold for FC players and fans. 20 years ago no one in TN wanted to play in that place because of Coach Medley & Brad Cowan and Co. That place and those 84-85 classes were some of the best ever in 1A. Then Medley left for Lebanon High and FC behind William Davis (Jordan's dad) knocked GHS to a district also ran in the fall of 85. 15 years ago people feared Jamie Angel and Co. Then Angel graduated and FC's fun and gun under Terry Arrington came into the "jungle" and Keith Gaines to Matt Lowe relegated GHS to the districts bottom tier again behind TC and FC. 5 years ago your team was king of the Region again and dominating. Then came 2004 and FC retook the Region 4 title behind Sweeney, Wheeler, and Gaines. Last year TC came back into 1A and you guys know the rest of the story. The jungle got paved and now looks similar to Watertowns field so to speak. Just another old field without a lot of grass and memories of better times and teams. You see after playing at South Pitt and winning, and going to the creekbank in last years quarterfinals and playing with the best in 1A, and going to State Champ Davidson Academy and winning, the jungle doesn't scare FC. We actually relish the memories of our last trip there in 04. Do you remember that game?

As for you thinking you might be outgunned. You said it not us!

As for the pounding for 4 quarters, we'll see who gives it and who receives it!

And as for playing 4 quarters, is that what you did against SC?

See you in week 8!

Until then don't lose your focus! :)

actually, Gaines played 1 year at FC...

He played the 2002-2003 season, and oh yeah, I do believe that was the second year of Gordonsville winning the region on its way to 3 in a row.... B)

but you are right, the "Jungle" has not been the same in about 3 years, since the last time Gordonsville won a region Championship. It use to get unbearably loud, and would affect the opponents. But the last time I was there, it was so quiet where you could talk at a normal volume. Which, the last time I was there, last years Gordonsville/SC game.

Edited by Bishop Don A. Shizzle

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Wing -T is pretty old. and Westmoreland does run spread thats where Madison gets his yards! but on the other hand Westmoreland is way undersized to run a I formation. Westmoreland has alot of speed and thats what Wing-T is about. There line I belive the slowest one runs a 5.4 forty IDK how good that is but you know. LoL. what would you guys do in a situation like this? I mean everyone is looking down on Coach Kelly I played for him. few years back some calls he makes can be a lil bogus. but others he does. hes a fine coach I have great respect for him.

Yeah Wing -T is pretty old. and Westmoreland does run spread thats where Madison gets his yards! but on the other hand Westmoreland is way undersized to run a I formation. Westmoreland has alot of speed and thats what Wing-T is about. There line I belive the slowest one runs a 5.4 forty IDK how good that is but you know. LoL. what would you guys do in a situation like this? I mean everyone is looking down on Coach Kelly I played for him. few years back some calls he makes can be a lil bogus. but others he does. hes a fine coach I have great respect for him.

Every coach makes questionable calls...its something you must live with.

Like, every year, the Gordonsville coaching staff trys to put in a new offense or defense for the Carthage game, but why not just go with what you know??

I think Coach Kelly is a class act.

When Westmoreland runs a spread they still have a wing, and from what I could tell, ya'll had a bruising fullback, and some decent sized lineman.

I still think ya'll could mix it up with the I formation.

This is addressing the posts about Friendship and gv. Let's put them on the 4-1a thread. I'd say Westmoreland supporters don't want to hear about FCS going to get beat by GV.

Yeah. I think thi is undersized the line at....

Tackle 6'0 225,Guard5'7 210, Center 6'1 210,Guard 5'10 165,Tackle 6'0 240 IDK back in my day I went against the lines of David Lipscomb, Goodpasture,Eastrobertson where their line average at 290 a piece! lol. So IDK. you think its possible for Westmoreland to put in the I Formation this late in the season and be effective with it?

Yeah. I think thi is undersized the line at....

Tackle 6'0 225,Guard5'7 210, Center 6'1 210,Guard 5'10 165,Tackle 6'0 240 IDK back in my day I went against the lines of David Lipscomb, Goodpasture,Eastrobertson where their line average at 290 a piece! lol. So IDK. you think its possible for Westmoreland to put in the I Formation this late in the season and be effective with it?

I think so. The I is a simple but affective offense.

And, you're line is not that small, it's about the same size as Smith County, but I know what you mean about going up against bigger linemen. I played guard at 160, and I regularly had to block guys that were 260 -270.

With the way ya'll mix things in with the wing-t. You could easily throw in a formation with an I back field and still have a wing.

well maybe some of the coaches from Westmoreland will read this. and maybe take this into consideration! Smith co. line was pretty big seen them in the Jamboree. So I dont Westmorelands line is that size. gordonsillve was bigger than Westmoreland as well. yalls right guard looked extremely strong I think his # is 69. but I could be wrong! so what is his maxes bench and p/c?

Hes actually the worst coach i believe i've ever seen, not saying he isn't a good person but they need a new coach up there, his player selection and play calling is terrible.

i've been watching coach kelley for 15 year as a coach when he had a Mr. football two years in a row and yet hes never been able to win a close game evidently coach kelley doesn't watch football or like it because he seems to know nothing about it. hes terrible with a capital T

i've been watching coach kelley for 15 year as a coach when he had a Mr. football two years in a row and yet hes never been able to win a close game evidently coach kelley doesn't watch football or like it because he seems to know nothing about it. hes terrible with a capital T

In defence of the coach here. The hailmary play called back was because someone tackled the nose guard for GV trying to rush the passer. How can the coach change that?

There is no way anyone should be on here saying that coach kelley is terrible. I played under the man and respect him a lot. You wouldn't even have to use all the fingers on one hand to count the losing seasons he has had as the coach. Get another coach and see how much everybody misses Coach kelley then. You ask anyone who has played for him and they shouldn't have anything bad to say. The only people who have anything bad to say is those who think they can coach from the stands. And for you people...get on the sideline and see things from that point of view. He can only call the plays..not execute them.

There is no way anyone should be on here saying that coach kelley is terrible. I played under the man and respect him a lot. You wouldn't even have to use all the fingers on one hand to count the losing seasons he has had as the coach. Get another coach and see how much everybody misses Coach kelley then. You ask anyone who has played for him and they shouldn't have anything bad to say. The only people who have anything bad to say is those who think they can coach from the stands. And for you people...get on the sideline and see things from that point of view. He can only call the plays..not execute them.

I agree with you. His team players has always had alot of respect for him because he treats them as his family. He is a good person and a good coach. He was also a really good player "#28" I watched him play a lot of games. I don't say this because he is my cousin, I say it because it is true. And the statement "He can only call the plays..not execute them" is well said.

Everyone makes msitakes yes? and for people on here that really doesnt know him and has never playedunder him doesnt know jack squat about him! you guys know how much time he spends in that field house so his players can have the best season possible? coach Kelly is one of the most well rounded person you'll ever meet! he has great attitude about everything,Respect for his players,and they have respect for him. I believe Westmoreland will come out this week and the following weeks winning like I know their capable!