Region 7-3A Preview

A couple of surprises last week...Dyer Co. showing up big and erasing the memory of a 50 point blow-out to Haywood Co last year....Crockett Co.'s domination of the Obion Central Rebels...The Dyersburg-Ripley played out about true to form....

This week we go back to non-region games where the region stands at 10-1 on the year....

COVINGTON CHARGERS...(2-0 0-0)...The Chargers jump back into action after a week off with a short trip up the road to Brighton...The 4A Cardinals will test the Chargers more than Ral-Egypt and Treadwell did,but will still lose...The Chargers go 3-0 in this one....

CROCKETT COUNTY CAVALIERS...(2-0 1-0)...The Cavs flexed their muscles Friday night with a huge win at Obion Central....The Johnson's are for real as well as J.Perry...Don't forget about Massey..Smart,good arm and doesn't make mistakes..Great field general for this team chocked full of talent....Oakhaven will find this out the hard way AND the Cavs may even slip in a look at Dyersburg this week in practice...Crockett Co. BIG.....

DYER COUNTY CHOCTAWS...(3-0 1-0)...How bout them Choctaws!!! Must be the battle cry in Newbern...They put to rest the nightmare of Brownsville the year before...Big win for this program...Dyer Co. has a week off and will have two weeks to prepare for what has become a HUGE region game on 9-15 with the OC Rebels....

DYERSBURG TROJANS...(3-0 1-0)...Still unbeaten in the regular season and still not beaten in the tough,re-vamped 7-3A....Dyersburg got a big win vs Ripley Friday night...Haven't heard much about that game on CoachT surprisingly..But must have been a hard-fought win...Won't be so tough this week...The Trojans will beat Kingsbury and move to 4-0 setting up a MONSTER game in Alamo on 9-15...

HAYWOOD COUNTY TOMCATS...(1-2 0-1)....I don't know what to say about the Tomcats...Athletically gifted as a whole,but under-achieving on the field...They beat the Choctaws 50-0 last year and lose 16-7 this year...Pretty big turn-around...The Tomcats face a very good JCM squad at The Rock Friday night...Looks like a 1-3 start to the season...JCM in this one....

RIPLEY TIGERS...(1-1 0-1)....The Tigers hung tough with defending region champ Dyersburg on the road Friday night...The Tigers face 4A Munford at Tiny Knee this week...They move to 2-1 this week with a win over Munford......

OBION COUNTY CENTRAL REBELS..(1-1 0-0)...The Rebels play a big game this week in Dyer...First road game of the season and a chance for a little revenge on a team that has beaten them in Troy the last two years...Maybe a change of scenery is what is needed...Three years ago in Dyer is the last time The Rebels have beaten the Pioneers...Both teams come in reeling from big losses last week..Milan beat the Pioneers 48-0 and Crockett Co. beat the Rebels 42-7...The streak ends Friday and the Rebels start putting the wheels back on after the loss to Crockett Co....

So,I see the region coming out of play next weekend at 6-1....That would put the season mark at 16-2....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of surprises last week...Dyer Co. showing up big and erasing the memory of a 50 point blow-out to Haywood Co last year....Crockett Co.'s domination of the Obion Central Rebels...The Dyersburg-Ripley played out about true to form....

This week we go back to non-region games where the region stands at 10-1 on the year....

COVINGTON CHARGERS...(2-0 0-0)...The Chargers jump back into action after a week off with a short trip up the road to Brighton...The 4A Cardinals will test the Chargers more than Ral-Egypt and Treadwell did,but will still lose...The Chargers go 3-0 in this one....

CROCKETT COUNTY CAVALIERS...(2-0 1-0)...The Cavs flexed their muscles Friday night with a huge win at Obion Central....The Johnson's are for real as well as J.Perry...Don't forget about Massey..Smart,good arm and doesn't make mistakes..Great field general for this team chocked full of talent....Oakhaven will find this out the hard way AND the Cavs may even slip in a look at Dyersburg this week in practice...Crockett Co. BIG.....

DYER COUNTY CHOCTAWS...(3-0 1-0)...How bout them Choctaws!!! Must be the battle cry in Newbern...They put to rest the nightmare of Brownsville the year before...Big win for this program...Dyer Co. has a week off and will have two weeks to prepare for what has become a HUGE region game on 9-15 with the OC Rebels....

DYERSBURG TROJANS...(3-0 1-0)...Still unbeaten in the regular season and still not beaten in the tough,re-vamped 7-3A....Dyersburg got a big win vs Ripley Friday night...Haven't heard much about that game on CoachT surprisingly..But must have been a hard-fought win...Won't be so tough this week...The Trojans will beat Kingsbury and move to 4-0 setting up a MONSTER game in Alamo on 9-15...

HAYWOOD COUNTY TOMCATS...(1-2 0-1)....I don't know what to say about the Tomcats...Athletically gifted as a whole,but under-achieving on the field...They beat the Choctaws 50-0 last year and lose 16-7 this year...Pretty big turn-around...The Tomcats face a very good JCM squad at The Rock Friday night...Looks like a 1-3 start to the season...JCM in this one....

RIPLEY TIGERS...(1-1 0-1)....The Tigers hung tough with defending region champ Dyersburg on the road Friday night...The Tigers face 4A Munford at Tiny Knee this week...They move to 2-1 this week with a win over Munford......

OBION COUNTY CENTRAL REBELS..(1-1 0-0)...The Rebels play a big game this week in Dyer...First road game of the season and a chance for a little revenge on a team that has beaten them in Troy the last two years...Maybe a change of scenery is what is needed...Three years ago in Dyer is the last time The Rebels have beaten the Pioneers...Both teams come in reeling from big losses last week..Milan beat the Pioneers 48-0 and Crockett Co. beat the Rebels 42-7...The streak ends Friday and the Rebels start putting the wheels back on after the loss to Crockett Co....

So,I see the region coming out of play next weekend at 6-1....That would put the season mark at 16-2....

nice job! dyer co. has done a heck of a job...andre flowers is one heck of a back and in my opinion kind of under rated...good luck :thumb:

This is unofficial but I think I heard this right....The Ap Poll comes out today...I heard Covington was 4th....Crockett Co. was 5th...Dyersburg was 6th...Dyer Co. was 8th.....How in the world could Crockett Co drop TWO spots from 3rd to 5th????And Covington move ahead of them on an off-week???...

But,FOUR region 7-3A teams in the top 10.... :thumb:

Covington-The Chargers always seem to lose one game they shouldn't, but nevertheless they will prevail over the Cards 24-6.

Crockett Co.- In what is essentially an off week, Johnson & Johnson along with Jarvis Perry could challenge the all-time school scoring record of 65 points (set vs. Gibson Co. in 2003 by Earnest Williams & co.) against Oakhaven. I'm not saying we should overlook them, but honestly we could probably sit 10-15 starters and still win the game comfortably. Crockett 66-0.

Dyer Co.-Very, very impressive win. Haywood has as much natural ability as anyone in the region, so DC must have done it on heart and determination. By the way, is anyone recruiting Andre Flowers? Hard to believe those numbers could slip through the cracks of any college scout, but we never hear his name mentioned among the top backs in the area.

Dyersburg-Not to open up old wounds, but it hasn't been that long since a Memphis team predicted to lose by a wide margin scored a BIG upset over the Trojans...could this happen again??? Don't sleep on Kingsbury, they had some success recently, but Dyersburg pulls out another one closer than expected, 34-28.

Haywood-Wow. I have an abundance of faith in Bart Stowe, but things don't look good in Brownsville right now. I thought this team would be a force in 06 but thus far they have been a collosal dissappointment. No change this week as JCM throttles the 'Cats 28-7.

Obion Central-After what i saw in Troy last week I don't think its a stretch to say that Logan Parker is the best QB in the region. He is possibly the most elusive running QB i have ever seen in person. Lots of heart, never goes down on first contact. OCC has an upset in store for someone this year...thankfully not Crockett. Obion rebounds over GC 24-10.

Ripley-After what i saw in the Huntingdon jamboree, i thought Ripley could go winless in region play. Evidently not the case. After predicting the Trojans to destroy Ripley last week, count me in on the Purple bandwagon. Ripley 35, Munford 14.

Also, i think the numbers from the AP poll as well as our combined records go to show that this may be the toughest region in all of Tennessee football.

REGION 7-3A RESULTS 9-8-06

#4(3-0 0-0)COVINGTON-12

BRIGHTON-7

#5(3-0 1-0)CROCKETT CO.-62

OAKHAVEN-0

#6(4-0 1-0)DYERSBURG-48

KINGSBURY-15

#8(3-0 1-0)DYER CO.....IDLE

(2-1 0-1)OBION CO.-40

GIBSON CO.-0

(2-1 0-1)RIPLEY-42

MUNFORD-21

(1-3 0-1)HAYWOOD CO.-26

JACKSON CENTRAL MERRY-28

The region goes 5-1.....15-2 for the year..Haywood is the only team to lose a non-region game...

I saw a 66-0 prediction by a CC player earlier in the week...Thought that was pretty bold,but the Cavs won 62-0...

Do you think there will be an empty seat in the house at Alamo next Friday???Should be a classic....

It came with a HUGE price tag on it though....Logan Parker,All Region 7-3A Qb,went down on the fourth play of the game with a broken collar bone.... :thumb:

I had not heard that. That is sad for him and the Obion team. Very impressive win if Logan plays the whole game. More impressive without Logan. Hope he heals well...