RESPECT

foreveranole

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduated from playing for FCS last year, and i haven't played many of the teams i hear are worthy of respect. But my respect is givin soley to Trousdale County. Watertown talks trash on the line of scrimmage , Gordonsville takes cheap shots, (i know i played both of them as a lineman) Trousdale is the only team i have played that didn't do either. A story i like to tell and i actually told one of Trousdale's coaches after they beat us in the playoffs is that one play i was blocking a linebacker and the tackle was made behind me and the pile rolled into both of us, i started to fall backwards and he actually reached out and grabbed me to keep me from falling. Not a huge showy thing of sportsmanship, not even relevant to the play or anything. But that is the type of class that i had heard about Trousdale County, and it wasn't until that play that i understood it. So to all the coaches at Trousdale County, you could go 0 - 10 and i would still respect you. For God's sake, keep teaching those boys in football, and life.

Well Lord, i respect those boys from Red Boiling Springs. Year in and year out, they get the brains beat out of them, but every Monday they show back up for practice... That takes HEART.

You are 100% correct Ranger. It isn't hard for any winning team to make kids enthusiastic about showing up to practice. But for those kids to show up week in and week out, I think they have more heart than most of these teams wish they had. My hat is off to you boys, keep up the hard work, keep your head up and people will have to take notice.