William Blount at Ooltewah

TG24

I think Ooltewah has a better team. I just hope Coach Monroe has someone to replace his starting center that got thrown out of the Central game. Last year the Owls played the Govs without their starting center and it made a huge difference in the game. Luckly the Owls are healthy but I am just worried about that center position.

their center, and abraham last year...thats 2 of their starting lineman, that was a big difference last year

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so William Blount thinks their Rushing game has a chance to beat the owls?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

If William Blount actually wants to win, then they'll pass. Ooltewah can be exploited in the passing game. Rhea county didn't because they dropped passes and ran too much(just for all you guys who will argue that point).Central could've, but they're so poorly managed, and their defense stinks.

Ooltewah will be undefeated going into Oak Ridge. That one will be the game to decide the region title. I have no idea who will win.

As for this one, Ooltewah will score in the twentys to WB's 14 or 17.

Owlbino, Ooltewah is improved defensively, but WB has a tradition of good defensive teams and struggles at times offensively. They have some excellent running backs, and I agree, they will have to mix it up to be successful against the Owls, but I wouldn't laugh about it. This one seems to have all the right ingredients for a very tough game for both teams.

I would agree Ooltewah is more susceptible to the pass, but they are better than last year against the pass. Much of Central's yards were gained against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Last year Blount had a lot of success with the run... two very quick backs that really ran around the Owl defense. The biggest advantage in this game for either team is that this one is at The Owls Nest. I would not say this is a laugher for either team.

Ooltewah won't get anywhere near in the twentys in this one.

As for the "game to decide the region title," that'll be when Oak Ridge comes to WB.

Owls fans, enjoy your perfect record while you can, because come the 15th, the Owls will be eating CROW.

I wouldn't be too sure. Last year Ooltewah entered the game with a lot of injuries, and they look to be healthy.

William Blount is stout and this one should be extremely competitive. Ooltewah could probably score twenty on most anyone this year, and at the same time WB has the kind of defense to slow Ooltewah down.

This may be sort of like the game at Ooltewah a few years ago, when the Owls beat WB 10-6 in Ooltewah. I think the message to both these teams is that they have to win this one first before they can lay claim on the region championship game.

Also, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Cherokees could knock off Farragut this week. I don't think it will happen, but that will put them in a better position for the playoffs if they can pull off the upset. McMinn is a much improved team.

The Govs havnt played anyone yet and Friday they will come to the nest and get dominated. WB's defense is soft and Brian Marshall will have a huge game. WB's offense is also weak, their lineman do not stay on their blocks and Ooltewah swarms to the football. Mentally the Govs are not nearly as tough as the Owls and I look for the Owls to out hit them in every facet of the game. WB will be lucky to keep it close. My prediction is

Ooltewah 28

WB 3

You owl fans are ridiculous! You guys do nothing but run your mouth off about how great and mighty you all are every year. WHO CARES! Both of these teams are off to good starts this season and deserve respect. You guys need to come off your high horse and get ready for what I believe will be a close hard fought game.

GO GOVS! BEAT THEM OWLS!