William Blount at Ooltewah

TG24

Went to this one to see how things would turn out. I am sure this one will create a lot of controversy.

Ooltewah started off strong and Blount finished a strong second half after an Ooltewah fumble. Halftime score was William Blount 17-14.

WB scores first on an impressive drive to start the second half and go up 24-14. Ooltewah comes right back with a drive of their own, in the air no less--not bad for a running team. Score was WB up 24-21.

Neither team is able to put the ball in the end zone, although WB intercepts the Owls twice and Ooltewah misses a 32 yard field goal attempt -- wide left.

In the fourth quarter, Blount then implodes. WB has four penalties and the wide receiver and defensive back tie it up on a long pass play--tie goes to the receiver. Ooltewah is fourth and goal on the two and decides to go for the win, rather than tie it up and score to win it 28-24.

This was a real heartbreaker for the Govs who played their hearts out. I am sure there will be some controversy in later posts concerning the calls during the last drive. But this was a hard fought football game. I was really surprised that WB didn't put the pressure on Ooltewah and kick a field goal in the fourth, but instead went for it--Walker slips and fall and Ooltewah gets the ball.

Tough game. Good luck to both teams throughout the rest of the season.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My Gosh, William Blount must be so mad.

...but I love it.

Major props go to Ryne Shumaker (14) for having his best game ever, and to Gino Norwood (6) saving that sure interception at the end. And to Coach Monroe for going for it on the final amazing play.

Fourth Quarter was the biggest Comedy of Errors I think I've ever seen. Just rediculous with drama.

WooWoo on the road to 7-0!

Edited by Owlbino

This game was quite possibly the worst game I've ever seen as far as refs go...Ool was holding TJ Walker ALL NIGHT and not once was it called...WB had two penalties called in their favor, one of which was with 9 seconds left in the game for a whopping five yards...but, they didn't have a problem dishing out pens for WB...including a very controversial 15 yd personal foul BEFORE THE PLAY WAS OVER which the referee first called on Ool...then changed his mind...it was just a fishy game in my opinion...esp. since some of the Ooltewah fans were dressed in Ref jerseys...

I didn't say I went to Maryville High School. I said I am from Maryville. I went to the WB _Ooltewah game tonight. GREAT GAME> Like I said WB fans and players were horrible...I was on the field after the game and saw several WB players coming after the officials with their helmets off. I got screamed at and even pushed by some crazy woman in royal blue and orange camo. I have been around High School football many years. That was the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen. Of course Ooltewah "cheated". I told that woman not to worry. It happened to Ooltewah last year. She will get over it.

ok seriously get your facts straight WB never closed down. and those "racial issues" were blown way out of porpotion. Seems to me if you wanna play the stero type game you doing a pretty sterotypical Marville fan/graduate/student as in that you think your superior to all the other area high schools. Yea we might of not won eny state championships over here but were still darn proud of what we have accomplished since we don't get all that fancy city money. So if your gonna start this again you better be willing to back it up.

And yes it does sound pretty bad ref wise

I got called every name in the book and pushed. I can handle getting flipped off but I am 30+ years old and was carrying my 3 year old. Say what you want. I was at WB last year and guess what . The team got on the bus and went home. And believe me the officiating was no better and in my opinion worse. Of course we can go back and forth all night. I will enjoy coming to WB next year. I live in Maryville and won't have to drive. lol the game was great. Last year it stunk for the Owls. This year the Govs lost. part of the game.

"That was the worst display of sportsmanship I have ever seen."

Not to mention that the Ooltewah fans were flipping off the WB stands after the game and saying *gasp* "you stink!"