Question

WesVLT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What situation are you referring to exactly?

It's been reported today that Coach Fulkerson has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation of an incident that allegedly took place in his classroom.

That's about all that it out there at this point, except that the allegation is not sexual in nature.

Here's a link to the story from WATE TV:

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=537...p;nav=menu7_2_8

Edited by HTV

Hmmm, Good ole Knox County School Administration got it in for another teacher based upon hearsay. One piece of advice to Coach, Hire Greg Isaacs!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think this one is hearsay, papatj. This incident allegedly occurred during class with a room full of students as witnesses.

You gotta admit though, since this is the second time this year he has been accused of belittling a student's religious beliefs, one wonders what the heck Fulkerson is guilty of exactly.

I had heard that the first incident involved a students religious beliefs. But I didn't hear the exact reason for the second suspension. Is the religious thing a fact or just speculation.

I have several questions:

Do school teachers have union representation? If so why are all of these teachers not getting protection. It appears that Knox. Co. is putting teachers on leave with pay based on rumor. If they have a Union they aren't doing a very good job of protecting teachers rights.

How can the school system keep putting teachers on leave with pay? All I ever hear from the board is we need more money. Gosh if I was so straped for cash I would be a little concernd about having so many employess on leave with pay. How about moving them to another school while they are being investigated.

Bonus question. Can anybody tell me what connection there is the between the situation at Karns and the situation at Powell.

a connection between powell and karns ????......

redand black youve not spotted those black helicopters have you?

also i saw this morning lindsey is now wanting his own counsel for the kallenburg lawsuit!

stop the construction or improvements of any schools we have to pay lawyers and plaintiffs.............jeeesh!

a connection between powell and karns ????......

redand black youve not spotted those black helicopters have you?

also i saw this morning lindsey is now wanting his own counsel for the kallenburg lawsuit!

stop the construction or improvements of any schools we have to pay lawyers and plaintiffs.............jeeesh!

Yeah, that Karns/Powell connection thing went way over my head, too, Rob. The only remote connection is that Diane Pshiogios was the principal at Karns 2 years ago and hired Fulkerson, but that's quite a stretch.

From what I am told, Lindsey is going to need a good lawyer, but I hope that we as Knox County taxpayers don't get stuck with the bill. Lindsey badly bungled the investigation in to the Powell assistant principal situation and he didn't even bother to be sure that the correct legal guidelines were followed. It is getting more and more clear with each passing day that Lindsey is not qualified to serve as our school superintendent.

Of course, i'm for, and have been all along, an elected and not appointed school superintendent. As it is now, he only has to be accountable to enough school board members to keep him in his position. That has taken the voters/citizens almost completely out of the process of deciding who is running our school system.