greatest 1A team of all time

MrTSSAA

I was just wondering who ya'll thought was the greatest team of all time... I realize this is strictly an opinionative topic but I was just curious of what everybody thought...I feel that the "02" Ezell Harding team would have to be at least in the top 5 of all time....they were straight loaded...aj blackburn....eric davis...shelby at the helm, i think....and many more. they won the state by like 40 points that year, throwing up all kid of numbers on the scoreboard....who do you think?????

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering who ya'll thought was the greatest team of all time... I realize this is strictly an opinionative topic but I was just curious of what everybody thought...I feel that the "02" Ezell Harding team would have to be at least in the top 5 of all time....they were straight loaded...aj blackburn....eric davis...shelby at the helm, i think....and many more. they won the state by like 40 points that year, throwing up all kid of numbers on the scoreboard....who do you think?????

That would be the 2001 Ezell Harding bunch with JP Shelley at quarterback. Erik Davis was flat out unstoppable at receiver on that team and Shelley had several other guys that could make plays also. Throwing 70TD passes in one season will probably never be seen again.

I also believe that the 1997 Trousdale Co. Yellow Jackets deserve some recognition. They were AWESOME!!!!

The TC team of last year was pretty good...They pretty much dominated everyone in 1a, and beat the 3a state champs at the begginning of the year...So on paper that team last year was the best team in not only 1a, but 3a...I'm not saying that TC would have beated LA at the end of the year last year, but they did beat them so on paper that would make TC the best in 1a and 3a...

You left off Owens,heck of an athelete. Their defence was not that great. I,d say either CPA, Trousdale and SouthPitt. I don't think last years Trousdale,s team was the best they've ever had and I think that team would have beat the 02 Ezell team. I saw them both.

Has to be 1987 Greenback High School. 15-0 beat Richland 32-0 in the championship. This was way back when it was just 3 classes. We beat Webb that year 10-7 in what was labled the clash of the two number ones. We were ranked number 1 in Class 1A they were ranked number 1 in class 2A, and this game was played at Webb. We started the year ranked number 1 and never looked back. Webb and Gordonsville were the only 2 teams that even gave us a game that year.

You left off Owens,heck of an athelete. Their defence was not that great. I,d say either CPA, Trousdale and SouthPitt. I don't think last years Trousdale,s team was the best they've ever had and I think that team would have beat the 02 Ezell team. I saw them both.

Oh i'm pretty sure it wasn't the best team they had, but out of all time 1a I think they were good...They won the state championship easily...They beat the 3a state champions...They put a drummen on a 2a team who made it 3 rds in the 2a playoffs...They were a good team...

2000 CPA

15-0

Beat USJ in the championship game 49-21.

CPA thumped Boyd Buchanan and Trousdale County during their playoff run.

Those guys had seven big time college players on that team. 2 went to Furman, 2 went to Auburn, 1 at Memphis and 1 at Florida. MTSU's current tight end was also a sophomore on that team.

The 96 DCA team was great as well as the 97/98 Trousdale teams.

2001 Ezell had great athletes, but would have struggled against these bigger, more physical teams.

Edited by Savoy

my bad on the 02 instead of 01, and owens i had forgetten his name, its been a while.... Yeah, i have always heard about the south pittsburg teams back in the day but don't really know alot about them.. as far as cpa goes, i don't think the recent years teams(02-04) would be as good as the 01 ezell... trousdale's team last year was good but, i don't know about being as good as 01 ezell...dunno though. It would be awsome for someone to make a game that had all the best teams in tennessee football on it.....i know that's not even logical, because tennessee isn't even the best football state, or its high school for that....but it would be awsome to play...riverdales...mba....ezell...huntington... may have gotten a little carried away....

I'm going to have to say that my team, the 02' greenback cherokees was "one of" the greatest teams of all time in 1A. We had the gunsliger Austin James who threw for nearly 3000 yards as a sophomore. We had a running back who is currently playing D2 ball up in kentuky. Then there was the receiving core; Josh Shelton, Trae Helton, Matt Ervin, and myself... (not trying to brag). We all had hands, speed, and a good head on our shoulders. There wasn't another team in 1A that had the depth in the secondary to do much with us. However, cloudland beat us that year in the 3rd round. They were also a team stacked with talent and had great coaching. I think if we had played them 10 times we would have won 5. I also went and watched them play boyd the next week after they beat us. We could have beat them... Not saying they werent also a good team cause im not trying to step on toes here. We averaged 42 points a game and our 1st string only played the second half in only 2 games. I think we had a great team and i think that people who played against us would say so too.

-Pride-

I'm going to have to say that my team, the 02' greenback cherokees was "one of" the greatest teams of all time in 1A. We had the gunsliger Austin James who threw for nearly 3000 yards as a sophomore. We had a running back who is currently playing D2 ball up in kentuky. Then there was the receiving core; Josh Shelton, Trae Helton, Matt Ervin, and myself... (not trying to brag). We all had hands, speed, and a good head on our shoulders. There wasn't another team in 1A that had the depth in the secondary to do much with us. However, cloudland beat us that year in the 3rd round. They were also a team stacked with talent and had great coaching. I think if we had played them 10 times we would have won 5. I also went and watched them play boyd the next week after they beat us. We could have beat them... Not saying they werent also a good team cause im not trying to step on toes here. We averaged 42 points a game and our 1st string only played the second half in only 2 games. I think we had a great team and i think that people who played against us would say so too.

-Pride-

The best thing about that team was the class you guys displayed. I'll always remember you guys for that. A great bunch.

The best thing about that team was the class you guys displayed. I'll always remember you guys for that. A great bunch.

i appreciate that pujo. Hearing that from somebody elses side really means a lot. I''ll never forget that game. We always tried to play as cleanly as possible. We stayed focused on plaing the game cause every player on the field was out there to play for the love of the game. We weren't into trash talking or tryong to hurt another player. We just wanted to win.