greatest 1A team of all time

MrTSSAA

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville's 1984 and 1985 squad was the best I've seen in my 25 years of watching class 1A. At that time their were only 3 classes in 1A and teams didn't throw the ball like today's teams. They finished runner up in 1984 to Memphis ECS and then defeated them the next year in the Clinic bowl. Brad Cowan was like trying to tackle a greased Stallion. He scored every way imaginable and their team unity was unbelieveable behind coach Mark Medley.

The CPA 2000 team was loaded with more talent and probably deserves an arguement to be #1 as well. However, had these two played I still believe GHS - Medley would have found a way to win.

Hey Pride2909, doesn't the fact that Cloudland defeat the 02 team at Greenback mean that that team was better than yours? Not trying to bust your bubble, but if the team doesn't have the gold ball then its not highly likely that they are the best team ever. ;) Thats just my thought on that team, although I'm sure they were pretty good.

:lol: kaz

Hey Pride2909, doesn't the fact that Cloudland defeat the 02 team at Greenback mean that that team was better than yours? Not trying to bust your bubble, but if the team doesn't have the gold ball then its not highly likely that they are the best team ever. ;) Thats just my thought on that team, although I'm sure they were pretty good.

:lol: kaz

me think you could pick any Coalfield team from the last 50 years - at least that is what all of their fans tell monkeyboy - me climb trees

2000 CPA

15-0

Beat USJ in the championship game 49-21.

CPA thumped Boyd Buchanan and Trousdale County during their playoff run.

Those guys had seven big time college players on that team. 2 went to Furman, 2 went to Auburn, 1 at Memphis and 1 at Florida. MTSU's current tight end was also a sophomore on that team.

I agree on this one. This team was the best 1A team i have ever seen. I remember going up there for the state semi finals when they played Boyd and just whipped them. They were very big and very fast.

I wouldn't think the '92 Oneida Team was the best ever, but they were prehaps the best team ever out of Oneida. They won the State Championship that year over BGA, and they lost once in the season to a AA Livingston team. I would suspect anyone that supports a team that has won a championship would rank that particular team as one of the best, in their own eyes. The other teams meantioned are certainly great teams in there own right. :thumb:

Kaz

I wouldn't think the '92 Oneida Team was the best ever, but they were prehaps the best team ever out of Oneida. They won the State Championship that year over BGA, and they lost once in the season to a AA Livingston team. I would suspect anyone that supports a team that has won a championship would rank that particular team as one of the best, in their own eyes. The other teams meantioned are certainly great teams in there own right. :thumb:

Kaz

the trousdale co team that beat oneida at home in 95-96 i think that was about the best football team in any class i've ever seen. correct me if i'm wrong on that year kaz

Boyd had 3 very good years in a row. 2002,2003, and 2004 teams were all very good. The '02 team had the great passing attack while the '03 and '04 teams had the ground attacks. I think the '03 team was probably the best not only becuase they won state, but there defense was very solid that year.

My best memory of those teams was in '04 when Boyd ran the 50 nasty on Coalfield. :lol: