Rushing Leaders in Chattanooga

oldtimeballer63

Because he needs to realize that Ooltewah isn't the only team around that has a good team. Which obviously Baylor's running back which is commited to Tennessee is just average.

Then he asked

How do 3 players on one team average over 100 yards per game.....

Either the team they are playing is really bad, or that team is really good.

Then he says:

What the heck are you talking about kid? I stated my opinion. Who said anything about him not playing for Ooltewah? You need to chill out. Someone on here said that Cooper was averaging 130 yards a game this year and I stated an opinion in which I think 130 yards a game is average for a High School runningback. Ooltewah has had tons of successful seasons back in the 60's 70's and 80's. You need to just quit whining and enjoy your lost to McCallie tonight!

He uses the word KID here obviously a student of Ooltewah here. Or just needs to grow up and learn that no KID'S are posting on these forums.

i think you are the one that needs to grow up...first of all, if you haven't noticed there are quite a few "kids" that post on here. 2nd of all, ImaOwl never brought up anything about Ooltewah until someone brought it up to him, go back and look, he also never said anything about Cooper being an average back, he has stated on this thread and others that he is good and he hopes he does well at ut, but that might be at linebacker, all he said was that 130 yards is average(he never said cooper averaged just 130 yards, but someone from baylor said that mccallie will win the game but cooper will get his 130 yards) so everything he has said is legitimate, and you see his name with Owl in it and you proceed to attack him on here and say that he thinks Ooltewah is the only good team around....i could keep bringing up more facts, but you obviously don't seem to care about those, you would much rather jump on someone on your own assumptions so i'll let you continue

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are exactly right. Another example is when he said that Ooltewah had tons of great teams in the 60's, 70's and 80's? Excuse me, but I think to consider you self a great team you may need to make the playoffs from time to time. If you look at the TSSAA website it lists the teams and how they did in playoffs for those years. It starts with 1969...no where is Ooltewah to be found making any form of a playoff game in 1969, never in the 70's, nor the 80's or for that fact the 90's. Their first playoff was in 2000 where Red Bank beat them in the 2nd round 39-7. They make the playoffs in 2001, lost in round 1 in 2002, did not make it in 2003 and lost in the first round in 2004. I only mention this because as he spouts off on other schools alot....not just this thread...he needs to be sure of his facts first. If you did not know you would have thought they were a powerhouse for decades now. By the way this is not being critical of the Owls...they must have a real good team, but come on....know what you are talking about please.

Imaowl you should probably stick to Ooltewah football and quit worrying about other school's football, because you are just making yourself look dumber and dumber every time you post in this thread.

You are exactly right. Another example is when he said that Ooltewah had tons of great teams in the 60's, 70's and 80's? Excuse me, but I think to consider you self a great team you may need to make the playoffs from time to time. If you look at the TSSAA website it lists the teams and how they did in playoffs for those years. It starts with 1969...no where is Ooltewah to be found making any form of a playoff game in 1969, never in the 70's, nor the 80's or for that fact the 90's. Their first playoff was in 2000 where Red Bank beat them in the 2nd round 39-7. They make the playoffs in 2001, lost in round 1 in 2002, did not make it in 2003 and lost in the first round in 2004. I only mention this because as he spouts off on other schools alot....not just this thread...he needs to be sure of his facts first. If you did not know you would have thought they were a powerhouse for decades now. By the way this is not being critical of the Owls...they must have a real good team, but come on....know what you are talking about please.

In Chattanoota Owls are the team to beat they can get on Hixon or RB but give me a break owls haven't been beat in 3 yars by a chatttnoga team.

Let's stick to the topic please. No one was talking about the last 3 years...this was in response to a totally off the wall statement and you would know it if you read his thread statement. But the Owls have not played everyone in Chattanooga so there is not way to say they would beat everyone. Have they played McCallie? On so on. Let's just stick to what the reponse was about please.

In Chattanoota Owls are the team to beat they can get on Hixon or RB but give me a break owls haven't been beat in 3 yars by a chatttnoga team.

Oh and by the way...Ooltewah only plays two Chattanooga teams this year....Central and Soddy Daisy. That leaves a few excellent Chattanooga teams that the Owls will not play. And please don't bring up any scrimmages.

Good research bluelion. A couple of Owl fans have really gotten off base as to what this thread is about. There are some great teams in Chattanooga that most everyone on this board is objective about. Red Bank is certainly one of the top teams along with McCallie and yes I can be objective and not let a few rogue Owl fans sway me...yes Ooltewah is also up there.But a few good seasons in the 2000's does not make them a tradional powerhouse.Lets all ignore them from here on and just stick to what this thread is about. Rushing leaders.

Edited by jon26

Does anyone know the updated stats now?

Leaders as of Oct 5 in Chattanooga

Chas Scruggs, Lookout Valley (6 gms) 116-1015 (11 TD) 169.17 yds. pg

Kevin Cooper, Baylor (6 gms) 123-894 (5 TD) 149 yds. pg

Brian Marshall, Ooltewah (6 gms) 121-725 (9 TD) 120.83 yds. pg

Kameron Ridley, Tenn. Temple (5 gms) 56-582 (6 TD) 116.4 yds. pg

Charles Hardy, Hixson (6 gms) 75-668 (9 TD) 111.33 yds. pg

Joey Skogen, Tenn. Temple (6 gms) 60-611 (6 TD) 101.83 yds. pg

Otis Rumph, Tyner (6 gms) 63-591 (9 TD) 98.5 yds. pg

Josh Smith, Tenn. Temple (4 gms) 52-331 (3 TD) 82.75 yds. pg

Source: Chattanooga Times/Free Press

Leaders as of Oct 5 in Chattanooga

Chas Scruggs, Lookout Valley (6 gms) 116-1015 (11 TD) 169.17 yds. pg

Kevin Cooper, Baylor (6 gms) 123-894 (5 TD) 149 yds. pg

Brian Marshall, Ooltewah (6 gms) 121-725 (9 TD) 120.83 yds. pg

Kameron Ridley, Tenn. Temple (5 gms) 56-582 (6 TD) 116.4 yds. pg

Charles Hardy, Hixson (6 gms) 75-668 (9 TD) 111.33 yds. pg

Joey Skogen, Tenn. Temple (6 gms) 60-611 (6 TD) 101.83 yds. pg

Otis Rumph, Tyner (6 gms) 63-591 (9 TD) 98.5 yds. pg

Josh Smith, Tenn. Temple (4 gms) 52-331 (3 TD) 82.75 yds. pg

Source: Chattanooga Times/Free Press

According to Freepress Marshall had 166yards on 7 carries on 10/6 so his avg per carry probably went up a little