McEwen Vs. White House Heritage

Orangefanallday

ok, mcewen it looks like the Lee Pardue guy is the one to stop....he's been the one on offense scoring the touchdowns and pulling in a lot of yards off of the catch...We need to keep our eyes on him at all times.... There offense seems like it is based on the pass with the McClung kid throughing up some of the top yards in the state as far as passing goes....our secondary will have alot of opportunities to make big plays this week so when it's your chance, jump....as far as the running game goes it looks as though the Pardue guy gets the ball all of the time on offense....On the tennessean it says that he is leading WHH in both rushing and recieving yards...so someone lay him on his back every play...I don't care who you are, or how tough you are, everyone gets tired of getting hit hard...I seems that other guys on their team can do some scoring also, but no big numbers from them, just play aware.... it looks as though they like to move the ball in a hurry, but that is no big deal...McEwen has plenty of offense to keep up with them...as far as the pass goes McEwen, the secondary should get the job done....one big of advice though is don't be overly aggressive...play smart ball and make plays, it will be coming your was alot.... Also on offense if we have control of the game, the lead, the momentum, don't just play stall ball, it the pass works go with it, if the run works go with....sometimes changing your offense to hold the ball the second half can hurt you in the long run....

I didn't say much about defense guys, nobody should have to....come out and play defense like you have all year and you should be alright, well better than alright.....be aggressive but don't get burnt on the pass....stuff

The big 3

Don't make the big mistakes(fumbles, dumb penalties)

Don't give up the big plays(play smart secondary, lb's)

Lee Pardue (hate to give the kid a big head, because he probably isn't as good as abvertised but, pay attention to him, he will be the difference maker...)

l'll redo my prediction

McEwen 36

WHH 20

What's the deal with the feud between WHH and WH high, splitting of schools???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, mcewen it looks like the Lee Pardue guy is the one to stop....he's been the one on offense scoring the touchdowns and pulling in a lot of yards off of the catch...We need to keep our eyes on him at all times.... There offense seems like it is based on the pass with the McClung kid throughing up some of the top yards in the state as far as passing goes....our secondary will have alot of opportunities to make big plays this week so when it's your chance, jump....as far as the running game goes it looks as though the Pardue guy gets the ball all of the time on offense....On the tennessean it says that he is leading WHH in both rushing and recieving yards...so someone lay him on his back every play...I don't care who you are, or how tough you are, everyone gets tired of getting hit hard...I seems that other guys on their team can do some scoring also, but no big numbers from them, just play aware.... it looks as though they like to move the ball in a hurry, but that is no big deal...McEwen has plenty of offense to keep up with them...as far as the pass goes McEwen, the secondary should get the job done....one big of advice though is don't be overly aggressive...play smart ball and make plays, it will be coming your was alot.... Also on offense if we have control of the game, the lead, the momentum, don't just play stall ball, it the pass works go with it, if the run works go with....sometimes changing your offense to hold the ball the second half can hurt you in the long run....

I didn't say much about defense guys, nobody should have to....come out and play defense like you have all year and you should be alright, well better than alright.....be aggressive but don't get burnt on the pass....stuff

The big 3

Don't make the big mistakes(fumbles, dumb penalties)

Don't give up the big plays(play smart secondary, lb's)

Lee Pardue (hate to give the kid a big head, because he probably isn't as good as abvertised but, pay attention to him, he will be the difference maker...)

l'll redo my prediction

McEwen 36

WHH 20

What's the deal with the feud between WHH and WH high, splitting of schools???

The feud is that White House High cant stand the fact that Heritage is finally coming around and having great success and have a slogan called New Blue. Whats wrong with having somethig new and of your own to be proud of. I wish they would be proud to have TWO great teams in one city. OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!! Go Pats and good luck Friday.

The feud is that White House High cant stand the fact that Heritage is finally coming around and having great success and have a slogan called New Blue. Whats wrong with having somethig new and of your own to be proud of. I wish they would be proud to have TWO great teams in one city. OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!! Go Pats and good luck Friday.

As a White House Blue Devils fan, I took no exception to the new blue slogan. I assumed it meant that there was a new attitude at Heritage this year---the losing ways are a thing of the past. Both teams deserve our full support.

I'm not going to apologize for my feelings on this situation but I will for posting them here. This isn't the place and I'm sorry. I've read several posts refering to new blue and I posted while my emotions were getting the best of me. I'm old enough to know better but apparently not strong enough to just move along.... Moving on ....... :thumb:

sounds like their a lil jelious, maybe missing some of the players/coaches at are now at WHH....dunno

Nah. Everybody on the Robertson County side of White House goes to Heritage, and everybody on the Sumner County side goes to WHHS. I used to live in Greenbrier, so i know these things, plus my step-sister is a cheerleading captain at WHHS. So i hear all about the BDP and stuff. Plus I've been going to the WHHS games and stuff before i moved here to McEwen. So it's gonna be weird to play on the field that watch other people play on for years. Should be a good game Friday night. Can't wait.

Its All Good.....We are still just one city, Two teams. I love the Blue Devils, always will and will support them when I can. I think we are in a major transition period, this whole split of the school is finally...really setting in...it is for real and not going away. All of us here on the Heritage side are finally starting to have something to care about and have pride in, and if it takes a Slogan to help with the momentum..so be it. IM IN, and so are alot of other people. so

GO PATRIOTS . The NEW BLUE>>>>>>wHOOOOOO HOOOOOO>

Its probabaly a good thing we are not in the same Region. Talk about splitting the the town.

Well, from a TRUE BLUE fan, I'm going to have to pull for McEwen..... I was learning to pull for heritage until all this, unoriginal, new blue junk. There's only one BLUE in White House and we're playing at Macon County Friday night.....

Gosh as a WHHS alumni, that attitude makes me cringe.

I can't believe this "junk". How many years will this go on?

I grew up with the threat that one day the school system might split. I grew up in Sumner County, and was friends with kids from both counties because they lived in WHITE HOUSE. These kids from Robertson County can't help what was decided in the name of school budgets and money! The ones that are moving in to Robertson County don't have any clue as to why their school is treated like a step-child, and the ones moving into Sumner are programmed by the ones that think this town isn't big enough for both of us to dislike WHH. That is ludicrious. Yes, I'm proud of the Blue Devils success but I am also proud that WH Heritage is doing well and I pull for them also. White House is growing and has the capacity for two schools (or else we would be in 5A by now and getting our butts kicked by the likes of Riverdale), and I look at the fact that the color blue was chosen in the thought of Patriots are usually red, white and blue. If they choose to make blue their primary color, who cares? Did you ever think that maybe it is a respect thing for White House's 'known' colors? Or even if not, WHHS doesn't OWN the color. Look at Lebanon, Marshall County, or even the Titans (heaven forbid!)...WHHHS has as much right as the rest of us to have pride also. Do you not think that Portland, Greenbrier, Pearl Cohn, Beech, or every other school doesn't have pride? WHHS didn't corner that market, sorry. Yes, I am a WHHS alumni and fan. Yes, at one point when I was a kid, I guess I thought the world revolved around the Blue Devils. But then I grew up and realized that life doesn't end at the city limits and there is room for diversity in all areas of life. Including football.

I am sorry for the ones who still hold resentment for WH Heritage. White House Pride should be for both schools.

(If you don't like my comments, so sorry. I ain't the one with the problem.)

Edited by WHHS1975

I grew up with the threat that one day the school system might split. I grew up in Sumner County, and was friends with kids from both counties because they lived in WHITE HOUSE. These kids from Robertson County can't help what was decided in the name of school budgets and money! The ones that are moving in to Robertson County don't have any clue as to why their school is treated like a step-child, and the ones moving into Sumner are programmed by the ones that think this town isn't big enough for both of us to dislike WHH. That is ludicrious. Yes, I'm proud of the Blue Devils success but I am also proud that WH Heritage is doing well and I pull for them also. White House is growing and has the capacity for two schools (or else we would be in 5A by now and getting our butts kicked by the likes of Riverdale), and I look at the fact that the color blue was chosen in the thought of Patriots are usually red, white and blue. If they choose to make blue their primary color, who cares? Did you ever think that maybe it is a respect thing for White House's 'known' colors? Or even if not, WHHS doesn't OWN the color. Look at Lebanon, Marshall County, or even the Titans (heaven forbid!)...WHHHS has as much right as the rest of us to have pride also. Do you not think that Portland, Greenbrier, Pearl Cohn, Beech, or every other school doesn't have pride? WHHS didn't corner that market, sorry. Yes, I am a WHHS alumni and fan. Yes, at one point when I was a kid, I guess I thought the world revolved around the Blue Devils. But then I grew up and realized that life doesn't end at the city limits and there is room for diversity in all areas of life. Including football.

I am sorry for the ones who still hold resentment for WH Heritage. White House Pride should be for both schools.

I think this post sums up the way everyone should feel in WH. This is by far the best post ive seen on he topic of Heriage and White House. People like this are the reason I still have respect for White House and all of their sports and fans. Our city is 5-1 so far in football this year. Thats something to be very proud of no matter waht school you go to or went to. Good luck to White House and Heritage this week and thank you for both representing your city so well in so many ways! New Blue or same blue, both look great to me.

As for the Heritage and Mcewen game this week I think it wil be a very good gaem. You might think your going to throw all over Heritage but I really doubt that will happen. THey have a very athletic secondary and great coaching back their. And if ou think Pardue is ALL you have to stop your in for a big suprise this Friday. They are so balanced offensively, every one of the can hurt you. Brown, Smith, Mclung, Puch, and Owens can all carry the ball and all average over 5 yds a carry. Good luck puting him on his back hard, you have to catch him first, then when you do you gotta try not to let him slip away. I know Mcewen is a good team though it will be a good game. The winner will be the team with the least turnovers last year both teams had plenty. My pick is Heritage, they have their first ever 3-0 start and I dont see them slowing down soon. Heritage 28 Mcewen 20

Finally, a little talk about the game. Nice change back to the original subject Gorski, I like it. I've heard that McEwen will be tough, but I think we'll pull it through. My pick:

WHH: 27

McEwen: 17

By the way, who cares about all the true blue/new blue thing? We've finally got something to be proud of on our side of the city. WH fans have nothing to do with us, and we have nothing to do with them. Why be gay about it?

GREAT POST.