Crockett Co. - Dyersburg

cavcav

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer my question. Who is Oakhaven?

They are in Region 8 2A, which by the way is the same region as Westwood, which is on the Dyersburg Schedule.

CC 4 nonregion games

Milan

Oakhaven

Bolivar

Manassas

Dyersburg 4 nonregion

Calloway, KY

Westwood

Kingsbury

McNairy

Not that big a difference!

Ok. Who said i didn't support the team? I support everyone on it! Massey included! I'm just honest enough with myself to look at the past and be able to say that there maybe a problem there. I've been on the field with craig massey in several big games. It's not pretty. Wanna talk records? I think my grandaddy could have compiled a record that good if he'd had stars like earnest williams, tyler mosier, jarvis perry, and the johnsons to hand off and throw to. Massey's a four year starter cause THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE start those first two years. He has a tendency to lose his composure and force the ball into spots where it won't fit. I am of the opinion that part of being a good fan is being honest with yourself about your team and players, and being able to see the positives and negatives.

I DO feel like massey gives us the best opportunity to win this game. He knows the offense like the back of his hand. His arm is strong, and his size is better than in years past. The new offensive coordinator has helped him make bigtime progress. And don't get me wrong i'd love to see him do a peyton manning impression all over the dyersburg secondary.

Ideal scenario for crockett? Massey throws for 250, two scores, and we win big.

Realistically, i'd like to see him pass 8-10 times for around 100 yards and NO picks. Worst case scenario? He crumbles, starts forcing throws and holding on to the ball to long, throws a pick, loses his confidence, and dburg is off to the races with our region title.

And...where exactly are all these colleges? I know craig is a heck of a baseball player and is getting lots of looks for that, but football wise i've heard campbellsville and maybe rhodes and that's it.

I respect your opinion. I have never seen Massey play football, but I know he is a great kid. He doesn`t have to be the perfect QB to win. He just needs to be a leader and I think he is the type of kid that has the respect from his teammates to be an effective leader. I watched Craig grow up through baseball and know his dad has instilled in him a "never quit" and "keep doing better attitude". Craig doesn`t have to be "the man". All he has to be is himself and just one part of "a team". If CC wins it won`t be because of Craig and if they lose it won`t be his fault either. He`s gonna give it his very best effort and I think his teammates know that and respect him for that and in turn they will give their all too.

CC will win this game.

MASSEEY MASSEY MASSEY

The man is a choke asrtist who has beaten teams that arent on D'burg's level. And you all can say milan like that is a game but D'burg has been camping with Milan almost every year and made milan look like manassas in their scrimmage. Knowing the he isnt gion to run the darn ball, Dyersburd has atleast 6 good players in the 4-4 defense (when Cody and J.T are on the D-line) and they are gon to give that man fits tomorrow night. He sure aint passing it cuz Thompson , Mitchell, Calwell and , Justin Cherry will lock that down, With to INTs for touchdowns this year, 1 of 102 yards, Ya'll better hope your RB's are ready cuz D'burg is goin to be and the backfield almost every play and Massey will feel the ground alot

I am driving 6 hours from East TN to visit friends in Crockett County...going to game...sounds like it ought to be a good one! Will have to pull for Crockett Co. since my buddy is an alum! :rolleyes:

Since I can't be there Friday...Go Harriman Blue Devils over Greenback!!!

Edited by volmash

They are in Region 8 2A, which by the way is the same region as Westwood, which is on the Dyersburg Schedule.

CC 4 nonregion games

Milan

Oakhaven

Bolivar

Manassas

Dyersburg 4 nonregion

Calloway, KY

Westwood

Kingsbury

McNairy

Not that big a difference!

You said that CC is tougher. You are not trying to prove me wrong because I am not saying that CC's non region games are harder. Personally I don't relly think that they matter just the team's region games.

(entire quote snipped because stupidity shouldn't be repeated)

Ive stayed out of this thread all week because frankly there has been little about football and way too much trash talking. However when someone comes on this board and personally trashes a 17 year old high school athlete, and I dont care what school he attends, I feel the need to respond.

Trojansfan_04, you have crossed the line calling anyone a choke artist. Craig is a super quarterback, an excellent leader, and has more guts than you have ever thought of having. The kid has led the Cavs for the past 4 years and has been great for the program. What you fail to understand in your limited football mind is that the Crockett County offense is not and has never been built upon the passing game. This is a run oriented team, which has never fared well in the passing game simply because they seldom have to pass the football. Unfortunately, when they have gotten behind and time begins to run out, the offensive line is pressed to pass block play after play when frankly it is not used to doing so. This offense is built to grind out yardage between the tackles for the most part. I can bet that they spend very little time working on pass blocking in practice. Yeah Craig has thrown some interceptions in close games, but I cannot think of a Cavalier QB who hasn't had trouble with the passing game, simply because it is so rarely used. They might throw 4-5 times a game on an average Friday night.

I can promise you this though, the Cavaliers have been throwing the ball more this year because they have an experienced QB with a good arm and finally have some receivers who can catch the ball and make plays. For you to come on here and trash a kid who broke his leg last year and came back probably 3 weeks early because he worked his butt off in therapy to get back to his team is beyond my comprehension. Why do I get the feeling you have probably never played organized football in your entire life? Its just a thought.

As for the game, it should be a dandy and you better get there early if you want to sit down. Good luck to both teams. I'll take the Cavs by 7.

Edited by Teddavid

well said Teddavid, I joined coacht to respond to this my name tells who I am and I am only making 1 post. I will not get on here and argue with a jealous 18 year old. Crockett56 with fans like you we do not need enemies You are just feeding Dyersburg the ammunition they want to hear. As far as Craig and college offers you have no idea how many are interested and who they are but I know for sure that he has many options rather he decides to play just baseball or if he decides to go to a smaller college and play both football and baseball that will be his decision and 1 that he has not made yet. No one has ever said we think he is the next Peyton Manning and will play D1 in football but what is wrong with Rhodes, Campbellsville, Ut Martin or Bethel all who have shown interest and some already offering him to play which is better than any offer you ever had. Crockett 56 when you played last year you should have worried more about your position and your errors instead of worring about Craig. I have my house full every Friday night of football starters after the games and you have just ticked off a lot of people.

(entire quote snipped because stupidity shouldn't be repeated)

Ive stayed out of this thread all week because frankly there has been little about football and way too much trash talking. However when someone comes on this board and personally trashes a 17 year old high school athlete, and I dont care what school he attends, I feel the need to respond.

Trojansfan_04, you have crossed the line calling anyone a choke artist. Craig is a super quarterback, an excellent leader, and has more guts than you have ever thought of having. The kid has led the Cavs for the past 4 years and has been great for the program. What you fail to understand in your limited football mind is that the Crockett County offense is not and has never been built upon the passing game. This is a run oriented team, which has never fared well in the passing game simply because they seldom have to pass the football. Unfortunately, when they have gotten behind and time begins to run out, the offensive line is pressed to pass block play after play when frankly it is not used to doing so. This offense is built to grind out yardage between the tackles for the most part. I can bet that they spend very little time working on pass blocking in practice. Yeah Craig has thrown some interceptions in close games, but I cannot think of a Cavalier QB who hasn't had trouble with the passing game, simply because it is so rarely used. They might throw 4-5 times a game on an average Friday night.

I can promise you this though, the Cavaliers have been throwing the ball more this year because they have an experienced QB with a good arm and finally have some receivers who can catch the ball and make plays. For you to come on here and trash a kid who broke his leg last year and came back probably 3 weeks early because he worked his butt off in therapy to get back to his team is beyond my comprehension. Why do I get the feeling you have probably never played organized football in your entire life? Its just a thought.

As for the game, it should be a dandy and you better get there early if you want to sit down. Good luck to both teams. I'll take the Cavs by 7.

ALRIGHT, Before you get your panties all in a knot, I am not trying to call the kid lazy or disrespectful, Just cuz he is your little hometown boy, doesnt make him a good quartback. Never call me a bad person, or have the nerve to say anything about me just cuz I am not taking the side of your hometown boy, the probably with people like you is you just see it for you hometown. Dyersburg runs a 4-4 defense, a D that is made to stop the run, and with the exeption of the secondary the Trojans bring bacd the same team from last year on D. And although you ppl think you had some succes on the ground last year we are all forgetting that score before coach counce was nice enough to let up,,,42-7....Reguardless of what you say thats not success...so lets think that means he will be throwing it some Friday, Which means there will be pass blocking and there will be recievers, WHO LAST WEEK COULDNT SEEM TO CATCH, and there will be a QB aka your golden boy back there in the pocket waiting for J.T or Cody, r that quick LB core to show him how the ground feels...If quite fun how you make my point for me, Your a rinning team, and like I said your RB's better ber ready cuz trust me tats all you got, and anybody with a sports mind could tell you that, You guys are just like Dyer County or for that matter any other team in this region stop the RB stop their offense, D'burg has only had one problem on D this year and that is a QB that can run, Yours cant..Its not rocket science buddy it High School football, any football mind know that. And you jump on my case for talking football realisticly and not praising you hometown golden boy, I don't care how many years he started he it not Mr Tennessee or even a candiate and he is o Rashad Taylor for that matter he isnt as good as any guarterback in Dyersburg the last ten years. He could be my best friend and I would tell him that. I dont hold my opinion back for my own brother when he is on the field and I not gonna hold it back to make that kid feel better either. He is a second rated QB and could possible be a great Baseball player , but just like the bad D'burg quarterback, I let them know too. heck I am a huge vols fan but Ididnt think Erik Ainge was that good last year and I didnt hide that, Dont call me a idiot or tell I know nothing about football just cuz I am a realist. His stats talk for them selves espically in the big game???Until he probes me wrong I will always take my pick or his trend, like I said D'burg by seven. We stop the run , make the stop when it counts and WIN this one, Region Champs two years in a row

i am going to defend crockett56, although i am sure that he can defend himself...

first, he is one of the few "crockett" fans that want to discuss the +'s and the -'s of the game, which is contrary to the norm of most people posting here.....same can be said for some dburg posters as well...

he never did trash massey, but was giving his opinion, although pointed....

but with that said, we need to remember that these are 15-17 year old kids, and we need to be careful about how we say things....

and it is sad that we cannot have a spirited discussion about high school football without "######" off everyone.....

like i said before, too many pink panty wearing folks and way to many that are over-medicated