Friendship Christian (3-0) versus Watertown (3-0) week 4!

Volzchamps

My info is from a very good sorce. Ask the SC coach, see what he tells you. This is all wrestleing talk in here. Dont amount to a hill of beans. Games going to be in the hole next year and TC will make a better showing. The crowd will follow. Cash flow$$$$$ dont you know. :thumb:

Last Time I saw a game at TC was the 2002 playoff game against Fulton when they were in the Semifinals. I had seen better crowds before. And it was a home playoff game in the Semifinals.

So I have to agree, TC can easily be replace on SC's schedule. Heck, I believe FC would bring a bigger crowd to SC, what do ya say Antwan?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My info is from a very good sorce. Ask the SC coach, see what he tells you. This is all wrestleing talk in here. Dont amount to a hill of beans. Games going to be in the hole next year and TC will make a better showing. The crowd will follow. Cash flow$$$$$ dont you know. :thumb:

You don't know if its going to be in the hole or not. The schedules are not made yet for the next 2 years. It is a good chance it will be, but don't promise anything just yet.

Last Time I saw a game at TC was the 2002 playoff game against Fulton when they were in the Semifinals. I had seen better crowds before. And it was a home playoff game in the Semifinals.

So I have to agree, TC can easily be replace on SC's schedule. Heck, I believe FC would bring a bigger crowd to SC, what do ya say Antwan?

They won't play us...scrimmage...have a work day or anything. We would have much rather to have played them instead of Catholic. We asked...they refused. Catholic didn't bring anybody this year...and last year's trip to Knoxville was too far for a regular season game. FCS may bring a bigger crowd than when we played them 5 years ago or so. You could have heard crickets chirping on their side. :lol:

As for playing TC only for the money...we didn't play for 15 years. We made it alright without playing them.

Edited by Antwan

You don't know if its going to be in the hole or not. The schedules are not made yet for the next 2 years. It is a good chance it will be, but don't promise anything just yet.

I believe schedules are redone every 2 years...so we will have a new schedule next year. Reclassification is every 4 years.

any word how the player that had to be carried off for Watertown is doing?

It was a great atmosphere for a game. Watertown hosted a great game. While I understand that emotions are high, aren't most of us here adults? Perhaps posting as such in the future would be wise. It is a game and at that game, kids were playing. Nobody there was happy to see anyone get hurt and everyone admired the play of both teams. Watertown got beat but, played very scrappy and that will be the thing that carries them through what appears to be a succesful season. FCS is on a mission, simple as that. All these other things are simply silly and juvenille to say the very least, dissapointing comments for sure. Let's be a better example to those kids giving it all they have on Friday nights.

Congrats to FCS on a great win. Continued success to Watertown.

Man if I didnt have a kid playing for GV , I would be there. He has a great heart and said Dad go to the WT-FC game. I know you want to see it. Thats the spirit he carrys. Sometimes you learn from your kids. It almost brings tears, thats another sign he is becoming a man. Shows football is a character builder. Support you kids they will be out of the house before you know it. Often some find themselves supporting their kids only when they are up. They need it more when they are down. Dont be a fair weather fan. So make it hard for them to hear the calls WT. If the crowd gives up so will the team. If not Gv, I would be proud to support Watertown for the champs.

"if the crowd gives up, so will the team"

That is SOOO freakin true.... i'm VERY dissappointed in a mojority of the Watertown fans... after touchdown #2, everyone just stopped cheering... i would have felt a little better if we had lost and actually been on the scoreboard...i cheered till the clock ran out! but overall, it was a good game :P everyone gave it their all. Especially Watertown.

and last i heard, the guy carried off was Jeff Shaffer, and he had a concussion... that's all i know as of now :ph34r:... i think he's gonna be ok. Thanks for the concern :o