Tullahoma @ Maplewood

wingman10

Thank you!! they have no idea.. Barnes remembers .. how he was picked like a rose "..she loves me, she loves me not..." .. he remembers he tried to run he was hit hard ..they knocked snot from the kid ..ask him about that fumble...

and so what he passed for 400 yrds against Hillsboro ..thats not the same Hillsboro Defense you played against last year im not going to kid you the Hillsboro defense last year was pretty good ..in fact the Hillsboro team from last year is far better than this years team ..and you still lost to a weaker Hillsboro team this year.. Maplewood D can and will stop you enough times to get the job done ..and what about Tullahoma's D.. ..there is no way you are going to stop Maplewood all night long ..Hunters Lane found that out the hard way ..Holt wont need 382 yards to beat you ..but who is to say he wont crush that record anyway .. you cant stop him ..and wait to you meet mr simpson ..you guys are in for a long night!!

This is football your going to get hit and you going to get hard, but if i recall Barnes got up everytime you hit him it's part of the game. And for Simpson he's not even half as good as Barnes...Come on don't kid your self on that one.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is football your going to get hit and you going to get hard, but if i recall Barnes got up everytime you hit him it's part of the game. And for Simpson he's not even half as good as Barnes...Come on don't kid your self on that one.

yes he got up every time..its just that one time he got up without the ball, and you know the rest

as i heard the announcer say "Holt gets the ball at the 1 yrd line he is loose ..oh!! no!! ohh!! no!! ...oh no not again!! he is gone folks ....Touchdown Maplewood!! ...Holt is to much for this wildcat team." :thumb:

get your paper out ace0

look at the stats

QB Stack Facts Barnes vs Simpson

Scoring

Simpson - 7 - 42 Tol

Barnes - 6 - 36 Tol

Simpson Leads in scoring by 1 TD

Rushing

Simpson - 30 - 327 Yrds 7 TD's

Barnes - 41 - 241 Yrds 6 TD's

Simpson has 11 less rushes leads by 86 yrds and 1TD

Passing

Simpson - 23 - 41 - 386 Yrds 3 TD's

Barnes - 43 - 65 - 627 Yrds 4 TD's

Simpson has thrown only half as many times as Barnes only trials by 241 yrds.

Grand Totals

Simpson - 713 Total Yards 10 TD's

Barnes - 868 Total Yards 10 TD's

What do you think, Half as good or just as good?

Bonus Stat

Holt - Scoring - 6 TD's, 1 2PT Conversion 38 Pnts, Rushing 48 - 351 yrds 6 TD's

Edited by boski

Tullahoma fans will be surprised at simpson. He isn't far behind Jamie Graham as being a playmaker at the QB position. He can do it with his feet and his arm. Maplewood keeps teams off balance(ask HL), with the option or throwing the ball. I watched Barnes last yr and his biggest problem is he forces the ball sometimes to unopen receivers.

If he runs he won't last the whole game, mwoods linebackers are too big to dance around or scramble. HL had the game in control until a bonecrushing hit by a maplewood linebacker. unfortunately #4 didn't return to the game for HL. after that hit it was all Maplewood.

hillsboro doesn't play D like it did last yr. they try to outscore their opponent. maplwood by two touchdowns.

speed is the only thing that can defeat maplewood. HL had it with No.1, no. 4, and no. 5. The linebackers couldn't catch them coming around the ends. Tullahoma doesn't have much speed.

Maplewood 27-14.

Edited by cobrafan90

Game of the Week!

*Bump* :thumb:

First of all Barnes has half the O-Line Simpson has and Barnes also has half the athletes Simpson has. Barnes makes everyone on his team better that what you need in a QB. And for your math 41 isn't half of 65, Simpson is passing 56% thats OK, Barnes is at 67% thats real good.

Maplewood's defense put the clamps on a pretty good quarterback in PC's DeAunte Mason back in week one. It was the third year in a row that they've made Mason look ridiculous. Their defense is FOR REAL!!!!

Barnes is a player who is just like Mason, meaning that he's a QB that can run it and make plays throwing the ball as well, but to say he's clearly better than D Mason is ignorant. He's not and I saw him play against Giles Co. last month.

The Wildcats better come up with some type of running game and learn how to stop Holt or it's going to be a long ride back home Friday night. Barnes throwing the ball will eventually catch up to them in the end.

Maplewood's defense put the clamps on a pretty good quarterback in PC's DeAunte Mason back in week one. It was the third year in a row that they've made Mason look ridiculous. Their defense is FOR REAL!!!!

Barnes is a player who is just like Mason, meaning that he's a QB that can run it and make plays throwing the ball as well, but to say he's clearly better than D Mason is ignorant. He's not and I saw him play against Giles Co. last month.

The Wildcats better come up with some type of running game and learn how to stop Holt or it's going to be a long ride back home Friday night. Barnes throwing the ball will eventually catch up to them in the end.

You usually are right on your football.

Barnes is a heck of a player he is smaller than some QBs but he is the toughest kid out there it doesnt matter how many times ur D knocks him down he will get right back up and call the next play and u saw him last year throw to un open recievers but its been a whole year since u have seen him play he has got smarter and can see all recievers instead of just focusing on just 1 or 2...as long as tullahoma slows down holt they will win.....and boski u are crazy if u dont think it was close last year...barnes had to be taken off the field for one play and tullahoma was on the 3 yrd line and we dropped a pass in the endzone on third down with 2 min left down 18-14 or 17-14 and barnes came back in fumbled on the 1 and maplewood got the ball and 1st play ran 99yds for TD and put it away

Tullahoma wins by 3

Barnes is a heck of a player he is smaller than some QBs but he is the toughest kid out there it doesnt matter how many times ur D knocks him down he will get right back up and call the next play and u saw him last year throw to un open recievers but its been a whole year since u have seen him play he has got smarter and can see all recievers instead of just focusing on just 1 or 2...as long as tullahoma slows down holt they will win.....and boski u are crazy if u dont think it was close last year...barnes had to be taken off the field for one play and tullahoma was on the 3 yrd line and we dropped a pass in the endzone on third down with 2 min left down 18-14 or 17-14 and barnes came back in fumbled on the 1 and maplewood got the ball and 1st play ran 99yds for TD and put it away

Tullahoma wins by 3

That was a heck of a 99 yd td run.

One thing about Tullahoma and Coach Olive...they always play with a lot of heart are are well prepare.

OK. Let me reacap the end of the game last year just for the record. After MW kicks off T-Town gets teh ball on the 35 yard line and marches all the way down the field with 4 complete passes and 4 solid runs. Then when it's 1st and goal number 54 falls on Barnes after he was already down (this alone would put the average QB out for the game - because 54 weighes 350 pounds!) and he then proceeds to bend Barnes backwards in an attempt to keep him out of the endzone. Barnes leaves the game for one play tehn returns.

Now to clarifiy the fumble on the 1 yard line: On a QB draw, knowing he is stopped short of the goal line - Barnes pitches the ball in the enzone while he's going to the ground. Although it's counted as a fumble, and everyone in the stands thinks he's fumbled, in reality he did it purposely in hopes a T-Town player recovered the ball in the enzone. MW made a good stop down there on the one yard line, that I'll give them credit for. But Barnes is a gamer, he was still fighting and trying to find a way to take the lead in this game. Again no fumble - just some solid D on maplewood's part at the end of the game and a QB trying to make something happen. If you have film - make sure you watch this again.