What's really wrong with Warren Co football

WCPIONEERS77

For all you so called fans of WC Pioneer football who keep on bashing the coaches you're wrong. When the coaches get heat from school board members that want their kid to play even when they don't have skills ( I have seen your kid play, Mr. T and don't count on that scholarship anytime soon) and a good portion of the coaches are volunteer (all the middle school are volunteer) because the county is too cheap to pay them anything what do you expect. If you want a consistently good program then get some jobs in the county so the kids parents can live and work here and loosen up and pay the coaches what they deserve.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you so called fans of WC Pioneer football who keep on bashing the coaches you're wrong. When the coaches get heat from school board members that want their kid to play even when they don't have skills ( I have seen your kid play, Mr. T and don't count on that scholarship anytime soon) and a good portion of the coaches are volunteer (all the middle school are volunteer) because the county is too cheap to pay them anything what do you expect. If you want a consistently good program then get some jobs in the county so the kids parents can live and work here and loosen up and pay the coaches what they deserve.

Years of falling behind because of lack of funds and lack of population growth to allow a larger selection pool of athletes. The once proud Pioneer program back in the day is no more as newer and better schools are popping up everywhere in Rutherford, Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, and Wilson Counties making it impossible for a poor school like Warren County to compete against the wealth and diversity of a bigger city school. Coffee County is in the same boat. Franklin County and Lincoln County and the power programs back in the day are becoming no more while they are being quickly replaced by the Riverdales, Brentwoods, and Hendersonvilles.

It's as simple as that.

Years of falling behind because of lack of funds and lack of population growth to allow a larger selection pool of athletes. The once proud Pioneer program back in the day is no more as newer and better schools are popping up everywhere in Rutherford, Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, and Wilson Counties making it impossible for a poor school like Warren County to compete against the wealth and diversity of a bigger city school. Coffee County is in the same boat. Franklin County and Lincoln County and the power programs back in the day are becoming no more while they are being quickly replaced by the Riverdales, Brentwoods, and Hendersonvilles.

It's as simple as that.

Something to think about. Warren County Schools rank 105 in teacher pay out of 136 school systems in the state of Tennessee. Coaches are teachers first, and who wants to work for peanuts? In a system the size of WC why are they relying on volunteers to lead the team? Poor coaching hires by people in charge who weren't all that successful themselves as coaches. When you are consumed with keeping things political you ruin the program.

WC has a hugh fan base and people who are willing to step up in the community with whatever is needed despite the lack of W's, but the politics in WC schools are killing its program plain and simple.

How many times did we try and give a coach a job and they have turned it down becasue the were going to take a pay cut to come to Warren Co. The biggest problem with Warren Co. football is lack of talent and that comes with people and the last time I checked there are more people leaving or have left Mactown including myself to find jobs. This problem just goes deeper than sports in Warren Co. but this website is about athletics and I will stick to it.

The reason that we aren't competitive is lack of talent. We might have talent but it is not on the field. I was watching the half time show last night and half the boys in the band were bigger than some on the team, granted they might not be athletic and want to play but there is going to have to be something done in order of getting the boys out to play.

How many times did we try and give a coach a job and they have turned it down becasue the were going to take a pay cut to come to Warren Co. The biggest problem with Warren Co. football is lack of talent and that comes with people and the last time I checked there are more people leaving or have left Mactown including myself to find jobs. This problem just goes deeper than sports in Warren Co. but this website is about athletics and I will stick to it.

The reason that we aren't competitive is lack of talent. We might have talent but it is not on the field. I was watching the half time show last night and half the boys in the band were bigger than some on the team, granted they might not be athletic and want to play but there is going to have to be something done in order of getting the boys out to play.

Trust me Warren has some talent.......there are 3 kids that I can think of that are getting college interest.

I will say Warren Co. has taken a step in the right direction. I will say that in a couple of years we will be a little better I don't think that we will ever be a state contender but I think that we can make the playoffs from time to time. I wish all the Pioneers that are out there the best of luck.

Edited by Phoenix27

I tell everyone what the problem is with Warren Co. this year.

It doesn't matter how good are D is

If we can't score we will not win

Warren Co. has to start running Bradon Rich more

Justin Bouldin has alot of talent, but we don't have a O LINE at all

We need power running back who will carry ppl for 3-4 yards a carry

Ther reason Rich isn't running that much is, the coachs don't want to take him off D.

But like I said if we can't score we will not win!

I tell everyone what the problem is with Warren Co. this year.

It doesn't matter how good are D is

If we can't score we will not win

Warren Co. has to start running Bradon Rich more

Justin Bouldin has alot of talent, but we don't have a O LINE at all

We need power running back who will carry ppl for 3-4 yards a carry

Ther reason Rich isn't running that much is, the coachs don't want to take him off D.

But like I said if we can't score we will not win!

When Moran and Rich were running the ball, things seemed to run smoothly....only problem is that Rich didnt play a whole lotta tailback because he was gassed from defense! I heard that they had about 65 yards in between to two for the night, which is good considering how few carries they had. I heard that off the radio though. Don't know how much truth there is to it.

this from an outsider looking in.

You guys need to quit play favortism and stop all the obviuos nepitism and play the best PLAYERS. Who cares who your daddy is or how much influence he has. Play the best kids. Thats it.

Any coach who is influenced by anything outside the program shouldnt be coaching.

I have to say this and I am completely stating my own opinion but warren co offense was pitiful, absolutley pitiful. I cant imagine any team around here that I have seen play that you could beat although I am sure there is.

Keep your heads up and make some changes over there, great fan support, great kids but poor decisions is an understatment. Good luck, your going to need it.