Hampton @ Unaka

Bulldogs#1

Wait a minute, you say that Micheal is the best QB you have ever seen in H.S .. Not.......... Im not putting him down but ever is a very long time. I KNOW LIL MIKE. personally and I like the kid. You must have never watched alot of HS football. I respect a good team . As long as they dont play dirty and run their mouths. I really dont think JC would let to much of that happen. Anyway stay healthy Dawgs you will need down the road. Once you start playing teams down in the state it gets tough you guys know that from last year. Remember any team on any given night can be and will be beat sometime. Not trying to put down Hampton or Micheal its just my opinion....

The best one that I;ve saw was Mike Pusey. That was a long time ago. Played at Avery ,full ride to Clemson, Red head ,just like Michael. Ricky Spradling was a pretty good one also.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you like those junior pee wees.

I love their desire to win . And they play INTENSE . They will take your head off. If anyone wants likes to see great football in these little guys you need to come watch them play . I think Coach Keith should stop practice one day and let the high school watch these little guys practice. It is a treat to watch them just in practice. Their practice kinda reminds me of a High school or college practice they full speed the whole time . The coacing staff seems to be great. I can be down their sometimes and hear helmits crack and pretty much know where the hits are coming from. These little guys have HEART, and I love it . Pujo when little man gets to high school will he play at Cloudland . I have a great deal of respect for you and your kid . I can remember so many times Ive come by the old Cloudland elem. and see you and TJ out there practicing something . You have also been there for alot more youth in the R.M area. THANKS. Hope them little guys stay in sports together through the years. Who knows what Cloudland could have in years to come..

Hey man I didnt mean to ruffle your feathers . Im not downing Micheal . Like I said I llike him . All Im saying is that ever is a very long time . Same w/Byrd I also like him but he isnt the best QB Ive EVER seen. You say you have seen and thought more football than I can ever dream of. That may be true ( I doubt it) but it may be. If you have watched much HS football and never seen a QB better thn lil Mike then who have you been watching all of your years of football. Speaking of Byrd he shouldnt have been QB who knows what he could have done in 4 years as a half back. But w/a small school such as Cloudland and Hampton you alot of times play a kid in a position in which he is not best at. Byrd was awesome to watch but he isnt the best ever in my eyes. This board is for opinions and thats mine. I respect yours also . Just wondering if Micheal has come that far since their loss to Trousdale Cty. If you are on top of football like you say you are and Mike is the best ever why are the scouts not all over him. Like I say I like the boy I just talked to him after the Unicoi game last saturday at the peewee games at Cloudland . I wonder if he really is the best you have ever seen EVER....................... Stay healthy yall will need it those teams down in the state always seem to have more depth . PLAY EVERY MINUTE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST .

You didn't ruffle my feathers and everyone does have a opinion and my opinion is about a Qb you have to be smart ,lead the team, scramble and pass and Byrd could of been tailback, Wr, heck probaly played every postion. He was fun to watch and about Trousdale what a team my opinion on that is Defence we could of scored 2 rushing td's and passed for two td's and still would not of won! My theory is offence sells tickets and defence wins games! I think Hampton has the speed on defence this year if they can get out of arm tackling and just enough offence to sell some tickets. I will give you a Qb that Iwould compare Little Mike to Cody Baugh from Greeneville and I think Curt Phillps is a heck of a Qb. Also the kid from Trousdale was not no slouch. What about them Noles tell me something about them is that not were Brandon Warren went? and what about Miami thugs!

I love their desire to win . And they play INTENSE . They will take your head off. If anyone wants likes to see great football in these little guys you need to come watch them play . I think Coach Keith should stop practice one day and let the high school watch these little guys practice. It is a treat to watch them just in practice. Their practice kinda reminds me of a High school or college practice they full speed the whole time . The coacing staff seems to be great. I can be down their sometimes and hear helmits crack and pretty much know where the hits are coming from. These little guys have HEART, and I love it . Pujo when little man gets to high school will he play at Cloudland . I have a great deal of respect for you and your kid . I can remember so many times Ive come by the old Cloudland elem. and see you and TJ out there practicing something . You have also been there for alot more youth in the R.M area. THANKS. Hope them little guys stay in sports together through the years. Who knows what Cloudland could have in years to come..

I've worked with alot of these kids, many of them are like brothers to little Jerry. They are a pleasure to be around and Coach. I hope they all stay together, if they do ,they will be special. They all have dedicated parents and are exelent students. Special bunch.

You didn't ruffle my feathers and everyone does have a opinion and my opinion is about a Qb you have to be smart ,lead the team, scramble and pass and Byrd could of been tailback, Wr, heck probaly played every postion. He was fun to watch and about Trousdale what a team my opinion on that is Defence we could of scored 2 rushing td's and passed for two td's and still would not of won! My theory is offence sells tickets and defence wins games! I think Hampton has the speed on defence this year if they can get out of arm tackling and just enough offence to sell some tickets. I will give you a Qb that Iwould compare Little Mike to Cody Baugh from Greeneville and I think Curt Phillps is a heck of a Qb. Also the kid from Trousdale was not no slouch. What about them Noles tell me something about them is that not were Brandon Warren went? and what about Miami thugs!

Yes Warren is listed as Tight end . He will probably not see any time on the feild this year. Although he couldnt hurt nothing. Their defence is one of the reasons I started pulling for them about 20 years ago. Mickey Andrews is a awesome Defence coord.They also had a guy from Brentwood last year, He saw alot of playing time on D. Henshaw Ithink was his name . As far as Miami looks like the Cardinals just took the wind out of them. Thanks man good luck all year keep them boys healthy.

Yes Warren is listed as Tight end . He will probably not see any time on the feild this year. Although he couldnt hurt nothing. Their defence is one of the reasons I started pulling for them about 20 years ago. Mickey Andrews is a awesome Defence coord.They also had a guy from Brentwood last year, He saw alot of playing time on D. Henshaw Ithink was his name . As far as Miami looks like the Cardinals just took the wind out of them. Thanks man good luck all year keep them boys healthy.

Brandon Warren. Last time I checked he was the starting TE for Florida State.

I will give you a Qb that Iwould compare Little Mike to Cody Baugh from Greeneville and I think Curt Phillps is a heck of a Qb. Also the kid from Trousdale was not no slouch. What about them Noles tell me something about them is that not were Brandon Warren went? and what about Miami thugs!

Im sorry hes good, but you cant compare Lil Mike Lunsford to Cody Baugh and Curt Phillips. Those 2 boys are D-1. Even though Baugh went 2 Tusculum he had a chance to play D-1. If he dint get any offers theyre sum stupid coaches, cuz I think hes been the best QB around here in a long time. As for Phillips. Hes very talented. He doesnt have Baugh's arm, but hes definitely mobile enough. He can run and throw. He has a great arm, just not like Baugh, but very few people have one like he does. Phillips might be your best major D-1 prospect in this area in quite some time. Nothing against South, but if he was @ D-B or Maryville and made noise he would be one of the best around. Hes more athletic than Baugh. Im srry u just cant compare Lil Mike to those 2.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

I have seen more football and thought about football more than you can dream of. Little Mike is one of the best I have ever seen at Qb he knows the game of football (of course) look who his dad is I've seen him improve every practice and he is only in the 11th grade do you remember he lead the Hampton Bulldogs to the 4th round last year! He is not no Mark Byrd (who is) but he does what a Qb does and that is be the leader and run a offence, call audibles and runs what is best for the team, and Little Mike could play at D1 level who does not want a Qb that can scramble, pass, check off at the line and run the football and has as the football smarts in the world! Tell me who you would wan't?

when you say the best QB you've ever seen what do you mean by that?like the best to ever play at Hampton or what?i think he is a good QB,but where would he be without Townsend.i heard Rone at Cosby allready has a 1,000 yrds passing.so is mike(or whatever his name is) the best QB in the region?