Copper Basin @ South Pitt

TheKing2007

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If coach Daly sneaks into someone's uniform they might score. I wish somebody could inform me how CB went from being a very good team in the early to mid 80's to just flat out with no disrespect to coach Daly who was a super football player in his day, to just a lousy football team the last 15 years. Have the athletes moved or has the kids gotton weaker?

Would you post if you were playin South Pitt? South Pitt could compete with the majority of the teams in this state regardless of classification. No offense but Basin is down and it wont be much of a game in my opinion.

Your are right in the fact that Basin is down. However, I know for a fact there are still loyals fans from the mountain. If nothing else, just encourage their team to play the best possible game. :unsure:

Keep telling the Pirates how great they are. :P That way Jasper can sneak up from behind and hit them with a sock full of . . . !!!!

Here is a reply from a basin fan. We have had many good teams in the last 15 years. In 2005 Basin should have won at south pit. but had a TD called back and very poor coaching calls.

The problem has been the past coach at basin who is now gone. He played favorites and there where probly 20 kids walking halls that would tell him that there was no way they would play for him, most of these kids would have been a great help. They have had some players that was very good and went on to play colege ball.

The new coach "Dailey" started with a program that had no money "where did it go"? The booster club raised 21,000 from June till August to buy new equipment. Many new kids came out, some stayed some quit, because, basin football is now hard work and never quit attitude. Quiters and people who lay down are replaced and will not be put up with.

They have had 4 B team games all ready, that was more than they had in the last 5 years,

The Off. & Def. has been completely changed. For years you could sit in the stands and call the first 20 plays every game because they never changed. Full back up the middle and sweep around the right end and tailback off tackle.

The players get weekly scouting reports and the other teams players photos as posted on the wall each week.

This is the best prepaired Basin team in the last 15 years. They should have beat Whitwell, they lost 14 to 16 and lost 4 fumbles and one of them was was at their on 3 yard line fixing to score and a interception around the 10 fixing to score.

The Score this week ?? S.Pit is very fast and well coached as always. Basin could surprize them with the differnce in this team. Sorry for the long post

Lets break this down :

Speed: Edge to the pirates obviously. They are on the Mr. Brownstone / Dr. Feelgood training regimen. This provides the half dozen or so players both energy and speed and no one can keep up.

Strength: I think if Basin will hit a few of them in the mouth then the pirates will be hesitant. No one has yet hit them like men. Jasper, Temple and Friendship will. Edge is still Pitt :rolleyes:

IQ: Basin hands down - SP is predicatble. the problem is no one has the talent to match up...YET.

Crowd: Push. Homefield isn't a big deal if you notice all the old people in the stands taht are catatonic and the Rednecks on the sidelines with BACCER DROOL down the side of their face to dumbfounded to recognize the difference in a Wing T and a Trips Set.

Cheerleaders: Basin. Got to go with mountian girls over the thugs' :thumb:

Band: Unfortunatly we will have to hear the same songs they play each week. How did they get Band of the week when they during an off week especially when you had Warriors and Bucs playing? Two reasons come to mind: First, everyone was grateful not to hear that garbage they play - I think they "know" like 2 songs and iot aint all that great. second; that fat dude with the goatee that yells and waves his arms like a maniac probably threatened to eat a someone's children or sit on someone. PUT DOWN THE HOT DOG AND DRINK A SLIM FAST!!!

So there ya have it SPHS by a few touchdowns but they will have to deal with a lot better opponents in a month or so . Friendship is the state champions - sign it in the book.

quote ^^^

Speed: Edge to the pirates obviously. They are on the Mr. Brownstone / Dr. Feelgood training regimen. This provides the half dozen or so players both energy and speed and no one can keep up. We have too much speed, even our 4th and 5th stringers have more speed than Basin. Our Junior High tailbacks have more speed than Basin and one of them is a 6th grader.

Strength: I think if Basin will hit a few of them in the mouth then the pirates will be hesitant. No one has yet hit them like men. Jasper, Temple and Friendship will. Edge is still Pitt <_< color=#FF0000]You say we are thugs, so do thugs go down without a fight??? NEVER. We will be the ones hitting people in the mouth, mostly yours, so go ahead and eat all these words[/color]

IQ: Basin hands down - SP is predicatble. the problem is no one has the talent to match up...YET. You don't have to have an IQ when all you have to do is carry a football north, south, east, then west, and still score 50 yards later.

Crowd: Push. Homefield isn't a big deal if you notice all the old people in the stands taht are catatonic and the Rednecks on the sidelines with BACCER DROOL down the side of their face to dumbfounded to recognize the difference in a Wing T and a Trips Set. the crowd doesn't play the game, so crowd is not a factor.

Cheerleaders: Basin. Got to go with mountian girls over the thugs' :thumb:Thugs???? OMG, just wait till you see our cheerleaders. In my opinion this is the most talented bunch of cheerleaders we have had in a very long time, and they still know how to look pretty.

Band: Unfortunatly we will have to hear the same songs they play each week. How did they get Band of the week when they during an off week especially when you had Warriors and Bucs playing? Two reasons come to mind: First, everyone was grateful not to hear that garbage they play - I think they "know" like 2 songs and iot aint all that great. second; that fat dude with the goatee that yells and waves his arms like a maniac probably threatened to eat a someone's children or sit on someone. PUT DOWN THE HOT DOG AND DRINK A SLIM FAST!!! I will have to agree partly on this one. How in the world did our band get band of the week during an off week??? too funny!!

So there ya have it SPHS by a few touchdowns but they will have to deal with a lot better opponents in a month or so . Friendship is the state champions - sign it in the book. Friendship and SP both have pretty much the same players back from last year and FCS won by 1 point. Both have improved I am sure, so in my opinion, that matchup in the playoffs should be the State Championship.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

My score SP 50 CB 0 if the starting lineup is out by eary 3rd quarter. 75 to 0 if they play longer.

Maybe, May Not Be...We have fewer and way fewer student athlets than anyone else in the entire region but recently we have seen more heart and determination in our Cougar athletes than most any one else in our region and even in our State. We may not be the No.1 team to beat this year in 2006, but mark my words all you preppy , snobby think you are up town when you really are nothing more than a has been or a want to be...Copper Basin Cougars have heart, determination and PRIDE no matter if it is a win or lose we know we are Back with a Vengence!!! This is Cougar Mom and everyone knows that Moms are always right.....................

Lets break this down :

Speed: Edge to the pirates obviously. They are on the Mr. Brownstone / Dr. Feelgood training regimen. This provides the half dozen or so players both energy and speed and no one can keep up.

Strength: I think if Basin will hit a few of them in the mouth then the pirates will be hesitant. No one has yet hit them like men. Jasper, Temple and Friendship will. Edge is still Pitt :(

IQ: Basin hands down - SP is predicatble. the problem is no one has the talent to match up...YET.

Crowd: Push. Homefield isn't a big deal if you notice all the old people in the stands taht are catatonic and the Rednecks on the sidelines with BACCER DROOL down the side of their face to dumbfounded to recognize the difference in a Wing T and a Trips Set.

Cheerleaders: Basin. Got to go with mountian girls over the thugs' :)

Band: Unfortunatly we will have to hear the same songs they play each week. How did they get Band of the week when they during an off week especially when you had Warriors and Bucs playing? Two reasons come to mind: First, everyone was grateful not to hear that garbage they play - I think they "know" like 2 songs and iot aint all that great. second; that fat dude with the goatee that yells and waves his arms like a maniac probably threatened to eat a someone's children or sit on someone. PUT DOWN THE HOT DOG AND DRINK A SLIM FAST!!!

So there ya have it SPHS by a few touchdowns but they will have to deal with a lot better opponents in a month or so . Friendship is the state champions - sign it in the book.

Your obviously new to coachT. Talk like this will get you booted quickly. Keep your opinions on the football team, not our fans, cheerleaders, or band. :)