REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

The region went 5-1 against outside competition....That makes 7-3A 15-2 on the year...This region has 4 state ranked teams...This region has 4 UNDEFEATED teams...This region has SIX teams with WINNING records..Not too shabby.....We roll into region play Friday with some MONSTER games on the schedule...

#4(3-0 0-0)COVINGTON CHARGERS @ (1-3 0-1)HAYWOOD CO.TOMCATS.....

The Chargers finally get into region play with the trip to Brownsville...The Chargers are coming off a lackluster 12-7 over Brighton...Haywood almost pulled off an upset..The Tomcats lost in overtime at Jackson 28-26 to JCM....Which Haywood team will show up this week??The team that had a 20-6 lead heading into the 4th quarter against JCM or the team that was outscored 22-6 in the 4th quarter and OT against JCM???..You never know with this Tomcat club.....Covington will win the game,but it will be close and hard fought....

(2-1 0-1)RIPLEY TIGERS vs HILLCREST VIKINGS(0-4)......

Hillcrest is coming off a 1-8 season....They lost to Ripley 16-0 last year....The Vikings are 0-4 this year...The Vikings have scored 14 points so far...Hillcrest lost their last game 50-0...You getting the drift???...Ripley will win this easily and you can pretty much pick a score.....

#8(3-0 1-0)DYER CO.CHOCTAWS @ (2-1 0-1)OBION CO.CENTRAL REBELS.....

It's Homecoming week at Troy....All the pomp and pageantry and what-not...Not really concerned with all that rigamaroll....Neither are the Rebels....This is HUGE with a capital H-U-G-E for both teams if they have any asperations of post season play...The Rebels are going to have to adjust to a new QB after the injury to All Region signal-caller, Logan Parker..The Choctaws are flying high again as they come into town undefeated and 8th ranked state-wide by the AP...Andre Flowers is a player....Has been since he was a wee little Indian....The Rebels may have a little more motivation for this game as long-time assistant coach Barry Kendall bolted for Newbern right before the school year...It's always good to beat a former coach...It's always good to beat the Choctaws and it's always good to go to the dance after a win.....Obion Central will show their senior leadership and will circle the wagaons for their new QB....Central wins....

NOW FOR THE MARQUEE GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!........

#6(4-0 1-0)DYERSBURG TROJANS @ #5(3-0 1-0)CROCKETT CO.CAVALIERS.....

I have seen both teams play this year...I saw first-hand the dismantling of the OC Rebels by this Cavalier crew....I went up to Murray, Ky. to see the Trojans beat up on a very overmatched Calloway Co team..There is speed to burn on both sides of the ball....There is senior leadership on both sides of the ball....Their is big beef on both lines....Both have good special teams and both a very well coached...So,you will have to look at the intangibles....Who wins the turnover battle???...Who has the critical penalty that nullifies a big play???...But the biggest one of all???..Where is the game going to be played???...It's in Alamo Home of the Cavaliers...Dyersburg hasn't lost a region game yet since they moved down to 3A...Dyersburg has yet to play in Covington,Brownsville or Alamo....The home field and the Cavalier Crazies will make the difference in this big battle of 7-3A titans and in a razor close one,I say Crockett Co will come out on top and make a statement to the rest of the league......

EVERYONE go out and support your local teams and fill these area stadiums up...Good Luck to ALL teams Friday night!!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hurt me big guy.........Dyer Co by 14????

Sorry :thumb: Just think that the OC offense will have trouble without Parker and Dyer Co. had 2 weeks to get ready for a HUGE game and they beat a much more athletic Haywood team......just the way I see it, but I'm like every poll out there, my opinion doesn't win or lose games.

Sorry :lol: Just think that the OC offense will have trouble without Parker and Dyer Co. had 2 weeks to get ready for a HUGE game and they beat a much more athletic Haywood team......just the way I see it, but I'm like every poll out there, my opinion doesn't win or lose games.

OC put up 40 agaisnt Gibson Co. without Logan. If OC was a one man show, they wouldn't have done that.

OC put up 40 agaisnt Gibson Co. without Logan. If OC was a one man show, they wouldn't have done that.

Milan Middle School could put up 40 against Gibson Co. That is not a good argument....And, I didn't say OC couldn't do anything without Logan, I just said they would have trouble. Big Difference..And remember it is just an opinion!

Milan Middle School could put up 40 against Gibson Co. That is not a good argument....And, I didn't say OC couldn't do anything without Logan, I just said they would have trouble. Big Difference..And remember it is just an opinion!

I know that was not the best argument to make, my point was that we have more options than Logan on offense. :thumb:

Covington vs. Haywood- I think had haywood won last friday, they would be back where the Cats always seem to be-near the top. However, i think coming so close to scoring a big upset and dropping it in OT will crush Stowe's boys and Covington will win by 10, 24-14.

Ripley will beat up on hillcrest 42-0. The contenders in this region better watch out for the Tigers i think they are better than everyone, including myself, thought.

Obion Central vs. Dyer Co.- So sorry to hear about logan parker, his play against us had me ready to say he was more valuable to his team than any other single guy in the region. And for that reason, i think flowers will use his athleticism to dismantle the Rebels' playoff run...it pains me to say it because obion looked like a real class act to me and their fans are certainly one on the boards...DC by 17.

FINALLY, Dyersburg vs. Crockett Co.- Probably one of the marquee matchups statewide and the biggest game at Cavalier Stadium in at least three years, maybe more (some of you old timers may want to speak on that one!). Dyersburg will almost certainly be the most talented team we face this season, and i'm sure they will have and excellent gameplan and be very motivated just like last season when they wiped us out 42-21. HOWEVER, i think a combination of an outstanding homefield advantage, a coaching staff that had thus far done everything to perfection, and enough depth for two football teams, the Cavs will trail early but come back late, 27-24 for the win and the drivers' seat in 7-3A!

Covington vs. Haywood- I think had haywood won last friday, they would be back where the Cats always seem to be-near the top. However, i think coming so close to scoring a big upset and dropping it in OT will crush Stowe's boys and Covington will win by 10, 24-14.

Ripley will beat up on hillcrest 42-0. The contenders in this region better watch out for the Tigers i think they are better than everyone, including myself, thought.

Obion Central vs. Dyer Co.- So sorry to hear about logan parker, his play against us had me ready to say he was more valuable to his team than any other single guy in the region. And for that reason, i think flowers will use his athleticism to dismantle the Rebels' playoff run...it pains me to say it because obion looked like a real class act to me and their fans are certainly one on the boards...DC by 17.

FINALLY, Dyersburg vs. Crockett Co.- Probably one of the marquee matchups statewide and the biggest game at Cavalier Stadium in at least three years, maybe more (some of you old timers may want to speak on that one!). Dyersburg will almost certainly be the most talented team we face this season, and i'm sure they will have and excellent gameplan and be very motivated just like last season when they wiped us out 42-21. HOWEVER, i think a combination of an outstanding homefield advantage, a coaching staff that had thus far done everything to perfection, and enough depth for two football teams, the Cavs will trail early but come back late, 27-24 for the win and the drivers' seat in 7-3A!

Losing Logan is a huge loss. But he doesn't play one down of defense so I don't get the 17 point difference in the game. So far Obion Central has faced two teams with what you call a "feature back", (Matt Hewett from Dresden and Antonne Cunningham from Gibson Co.). While Hewett did run for quite a few yards (around 150 I think), we did hold him out of the end zone. Cunningham was completely shut down being held to 44 yards and no scores. My point is is that so far the Rebels have done well with teams that feature one go-to guy. Everybody knows Flowers is the man at Dyer Co. The offense will be fine for OC. The ball is spread around evenly to both slot backs and full backs. The Rebel D will have to play a great game, not necessarily stop Flowers but contain him. I think this senior heavy team will be up to the challenge. I'll pick the Rebels (go figure right) :thumb: 14-7 over the Choctaws.