Father Ryan vs Briarcrest

statebound07

Big game for both teams:

Father Ryan comming off a tough loss to Franklin, and will possibly be showing a new QB. A win here will put Father Ryan at 2-0 in region play and will take another big step twords the playoffs.

Briarcrest on the other hand is comming of a big win against Treadwell and is still looking for their first region win.

We all rember last years game where Ryan Blair had a pass picked off in the closing minutes that was returned for a TD that cost the Irish the game.

Lets start hearing the toughts on this years game.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have as many turn overs as Father Ryan had Friday night you can expect to lose. All things considered a 2-1 start is where they hoped to be. If revenge is a motive not that it should be needed, Father Ryan will win this game. In respect to QB, Justin Guidry given a week of practice with the first team and some confidence will surprise many. He is quick and has a strong arm. Provided the line shows up for this game on Friday, we may even see a long ball to spread the field that we have not seen thus far. This team will continue to improve and hope that this Franklin game was a wake up call. You just can't show up and win. There was no emotion on the Father Ryan side line last night.....

When you have as many turn overs as Father Ryan had Friday night you can expect to lose. All things considered a 2-1 start is where they hoped to be. If revenge is a motive not that it should be needed, Father Ryan will win this game. In respect to QB, Justin Guidry given a week of practice with the first team and some confidence will surprise many. He is quick and has a strong arm. Provided the line shows up for this game on Friday, we may even see a long ball to spread the field that we have not seen thus far. This team will continue to improve and hope that this Franklin game was a wake up call. You just can't show up and win. There was no emotion on the Father Ryan side line last night.....

Is Blair out for the game? I saw where he went out against Franklin, but just thought he was banged up. I still believe FR will win this one.

I was told tonight by someone who knows the Blair's that Ryan has a cracked rib and will miss this week, they said they are not sure if he will miss the next week against centenial but if all goes well he should be back for the big one against MBA

Who is the backup to Blair? The Irish seem to depend alot on the run but this year they are passing more in certain situations. The question is QB experience and management of the game. I am sure he is capable but a QBs first start can be daunting!

Irish take this one by 7. Score 24-17.

Good Luck! Go Irish!

Who is the backup to Blair? The Irish seem to depend alot on the run but this year they are passing more in certain situations. The question is QB experience and management of the game. I am sure he is capable but a QBs first start can be daunting!

Irish take this one by 7. Score 24-17.

Good Luck! Go Irish!

If you only win by 7 you are in trouble.

Briarcrest is terrible,,,,,,,,

BG

If you only win by 7 you are in trouble.

Briarcrest is terrible,,,,,,,,

BG

How terrible? I have nothing to compare them to since we have never played them. They beat a team called Treadwell. Does that mean Treadwell is beyond all hope?

Thanks for the information.

If Ryan shows up like at CBHS then they win by 21. If they show up like Franklin then they still win by 7. Go Irish!

With Coach Lussiers history - I gotta believe practice this week will wake up the Irish from the nap they took against Franklin.

Give Franklin credit though, they outplayed, played more physical, and played with more emotion last Friday.

I would be willing to bet you see that same level from the Irish this week.

Father Ryan wins big vs Briarcrest.

With Coach Lussiers history - I gotta believe practice this week will wake up the Irish from the nap they took against Franklin.

Give Franklin credit though, they outplayed, played more physical, and played with more emotion last Friday.

I would be willing to bet you see that same level from the Irish this week.

Father Ryan wins big vs Briarcrest.

nap what game were you watching ? lets hope the play calling is better this week than last :thumb: