Mcminn at Farragut

baller141

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is...they shouldn't have been 3-7 the last two years. McMinn has the talent to win Friday, but they won't be able to do it being one-dimensional. Farragut's D is just too good. They play a 3-3 stack D that will shut down the Cherokees unless McMinn can hit a few passes early and loosen them up. McMinn may want to try to go to shotgun 4 wide a little to enable Johnson some room to make things happen with his legs. They aren't going to be able to play smash mouth with Farragut. Farragut's front 6-7 is better than McMinn's. Here's hoping the Cherokees figure out what will work friday night.

Problem is...they shouldn't have been 3-7 the last two years. McMinn has the talent to win Friday, but they won't be able to do it being one-dimensional. Farragut's D is just too good. They play a 3-3 stack D that will shut down the Cherokees unless McMinn can hit a few passes early and loosen them up. McMinn may want to try to go to shotgun 4 wide a little to enable Johnson some room to make things happen with his legs. They aren't going to be able to play smash mouth with Farragut. Farragut's front 6-7 is better than McMinn's. Here's hoping the Cherokees figure out what will work friday night.

I to would like to see the play book opened up a bit more but they have not done a good job in the passing department but that is not to say that they don't keep trying. I mean Michael Jordan did not quit shooting if he missed several shots in a row, the law of averages has to come in to play somewhere. Instead of trying to hit the homerun how about some 5 yard outs and some quick slants. I still would like to see more of the option which would utilize our quickness and athleticism. I like the "Gun" idea also but you can not totaly abandon what you have prepared all summer for but it would be interesting to see how it would work. If Ooltewah can be successful with there athletes then McMinn should be able to with the good athletes they have. Even Tennessee utilizes the "Gun" and they are considered a traditional "I Formation" team with tremendous athletes. GO TRIBE!!!

Ok i'm tired of hearin bout this 3rd and inches play..problem is, they are throwing on third and INCHES, let me remind you, INCHES, and not to mention against one of the best corners in East Tn if not the whole state. That play took the ball out of our hands when we were driving, yea i know the QB underthrew him and yea i know it's not the coaches fault but give me a break you could have thrown the next play. Our receivers probably don't even remember what it's like to have a pass thrown to them

???????????

any more thoughts before the game tomorrow?

Farragut 34 McMinn 14.

Yea your probably right with that big offensive line Farragut has. McMinn will have to play great to beat them. The defensive line will have to play the best game of their lives. We need to somehow get a couple of turnovers. what do you think tribefan?