Monterey vs. Trousdale

yamaha277

How can you say this about the coaches in Monterey? You probably do not even know them. Our head coach is one of the best young coaches in the region. I agree Satterfield is better, but he has also been coaching for a lot longer than Coach Heady. I also know that Coach Heady has Monterey headed in the right direction. It also seems like everyone that Monterey beats always has lots of good things to say about Coach Heady and his staff.

If I am not mistaken Monterey has just barely made the playoff the passed couple of years. If heady has the program going in the right direction, why does he have parents volunteering and teachers that had magnificence playing careers at Monterey coaching. If you were going to improve a program you would want to bring someone in from outside of the great little town of Monterey that knew football.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken Monterey has just barely made the playoff the passed couple of years. If heady has the program going in the right direction, why does he have parents volunteering and teachers that had magnificence playing careers at Monterey coaching. If you were going to improve a program you would want to bring someone in from outside of the great little town of Monterey that knew football.

Most of this regions coaches are local boys. Look at Satterfield and Dillard. I'm sure there are others. A public school at this level simply does not have the resources to "go out and get somebody" from a monetary standpoint. When a school has relatively few teachers,not to mention football coaches, in the building, it makes it hard to find enough help. By the way, Monterey tried to hire from the outside a few years ago and went 3-7. Local boys have improved the program.

I heard yesterday around town that T. Coggsdale might have torn his ACL. Any truth to that? If so who will be the Monterey QB?? DO they have a back up?

Monterey does have a back-up Qb his name is Nathaniel Lewis and what I see trousdale will have a rough time with Monterey and there passing game.

Edited by krod2

I dont know what coaches you are talking about that had magnificent careers for Monterey. Who do you think had such an awesome career? Hometown coaches can relate to their players better and know the town. When Monterey tried to bring someone from out-of-town, they were terrible. Heady does have the program moving in the right direction.

trousdale comes out torked because of their let downs so far. I think they beat Monterey by two td's.

T-28

M-14

Or they could come out with their heads hanging over lost battles. It happens. No matter who the coach is. We will see come Friday. It can go either way. A lot will depend on the crowd. A team plays best when the crowd is up. I dont think TC will bring the crowd. As a lot of fair weather fans have disapeared. Its funny how when you are up the crowd follows. When you are down they dont bother. You dont even see the crowd on the boards anymore. Just a few diehards. If TC dont bring a crowd, I will take Monterey to win.

How can you say this about the coaches in Monterey? You probably do not even know them. Our head coach is one of the best young coaches in the region. I agree Satterfield is better, but he has also been coaching for a lot longer than Coach Heady. I also know that Coach Heady has Monterey headed in the right direction. It also seems like everyone that Monterey beats always has lots of good things to say about Coach Heady and his staff.

I personally don't know Montereys coaching staff but they have been alot more competitive the last several years. They are probably not where they want to be but they seem to be heading in the right direction.