Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

Think about the actual teams when you make these rankings!

He puts a heck of a lot more thought into the rankings than most all of the other polls available.

Give the guy a bit of credit. He is ranking HUNDREDS of teams across 3 divisions from the entire state. Personally, I think he does a pretty good job. I may disagree from time to time, but there is usually a good reason backing up what he chooses.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence deserves to have dropped out of the top 10 this weekend because of their loss to Ooltewah. Needless to say, I think you are just watching scores without knowing how the teams and games really go. Independence played and dominated the game against Ooltewah, just got unlucky. Science Hill is not a good team. They got hammered by Bearden which should show the level that they are at (especially if you want to compare them to Independence). Independence might still end up with a few more losses this season (Brentwood and Franklin) but look at the caliber of those teams. Independence is a top 10 team in the AAA division this year. If Independence would have gotten the result against Bearden on Friday night, they would have done the same thing to Science Hill and CCS. Bearden only conceded one goal all weekend and hammered there other two opponents. Think about the actual teams when you make these rankings!

well if we are going to play the should have game

if tullahoma would have been at full strength and played bearden or independence it might have been 1-1 or 0-0 i doubt if bearden could have gotten 7 or 6 goals

if centennial would have had anna fisher it would have had centennial 4-1 maryville and centennial 5-4 shelbyville

It is not the "should have" game. I gave Bearden the credit they were do this weekend and the credit that they should receive all year. I will not give Centennial credit as Independence has already defeated them and Anna Fisher played in the game. Centennial's problem is not with the players, it all lies in the coaching!!

I am not discrediting the body behind this site but simply asking him to look at the teams!! Results are one thing but to drop Independence back to 15th, it is almost evidence that he solely moved them up to 7th because of the Centennial victory. Teams change from year to year and Centennial just does not have the stuff this year. This team will be around for the rest of the season and just needs its justification especially since so many people actually look at this site for validity. New teams (Independence - third year school) might not get the "credit" like the Franklin's, Brentwood's, Houston's, or Bearden's that have been around the lime-light for 10-20 years. I bet you Bearden would not have fallen 8 spots if they had dropped the game against Independence.

It is not the "should have" game. I gave Bearden the credit they were do this weekend and the credit that they should receive all year. I will not give Centennial credit as Independence has already defeated them and Anna Fisher played in the game. Centennial's problem is not with the players, it all lies in the coaching!!

I am not discrediting the body behind this site but simply asking him to look at the teams!! Results are one thing but to drop Independence back to 15th, it is almost evidence that he solely moved them up to 7th because of the Centennial victory. Teams change from year to year and Centennial just does not have the stuff this year. This team will be around for the rest of the season and just needs its justification especially since so many people actually look at this site for validity. New teams (Independence - third year school) might not get the "credit" like the Franklin's, Brentwood's, Houston's, or Bearden's that have been around the lime-light for 10-20 years. I bet you Bearden would not have fallen 8 spots if they had dropped the game against Independence.

Feel free to post your own rankings. mjuhb puts a lot of time into compiling data for HIS rankings. If you don't agree, that's fine, but don't persecute the guy just because his opinion differs from yours.

science hill beat ooltewah and ooltewah beat independence

tullahoma and ooltewah tied so thats why they are in between ooltewah and independence

bearden's margin of victory didn't come into place

What would be cool is if he started doing a NATIONAL ranking. Now THAT would keep you busy, Mjuhb.

Respect will come to those new teams as the winning outcomes become consistant. The teams you have mentioned getting in the lime light have shown consistant success across the years.

I actually am in a weird minority... I would much rather fly under the radar, than have a high ranking. A top 10 ranking is a BIG monkey on your back, no matter what person does the rankings themselves. Let teams underestimate you, and then take it to them.

Also, lest we forget... none of those rankings "bring home the bacon".

Here is my TOP 15...

Oak Ridge

Franklin

Bearden

Brentwood

Collierville

Siegel

Hendersonville

Houston

Farragut

Independence

Greeneville

White Station

Ooltewah

Tullahoma

Dobyns-Bennett

Yes I know Ooltewah beat Indepedence but that was their first and only win of the season. They have had tough losses to good competition but that does not put them ahead of Independence.

I was not and did not challenge the guy that does the site. I cannot believe that this guy has watched 100 teams in the state to know what every team possess. It is more of a score board / chat (post) ranking system. If people honestly went on here and posted true facts than he would have a better understanding for his rankings.

Independence deserves to have dropped out of the top 10 this weekend because of their loss to Ooltewah. Needless to say, I think you are just watching scores without knowing how the teams and games really go. Independence played and dominated the game against Ooltewah, just got unlucky. Science Hill is not a good team. They got hammered by Bearden which should show the level that they are at (especially if you want to compare them to Independence). Independence might still end up with a few more losses this season (Brentwood and Franklin) but look at the caliber of those teams. Independence is a top 10 team in the AAA division this year. If Independence would have gotten the result against Bearden on Friday night, they would have done the same thing to Science Hill and CCS. Bearden only conceded one goal all weekend and hammered there other two opponents. Think about the actual teams when you make these rankings!

I've seen Independence play twice this season and I think they have a nice team. They are a long way from being a state championship caliber team however. If they are a legit top 10 team they'll get a chance to prove it in a few more weeks. You have to do more than play good teams close, you have to win! Good teams win and the rest find excuses. Try to enjoy the rest of the season. The polls are suppose to be for fun.

Here is my TOP 15...

Oak Ridge

Franklin

Bearden

Brentwood

Collierville

Siegel

Hendersonville

Houston

Farragut

Independence

Greeneville

White Station

Ooltewah

Tullahoma

Dobyns-Bennett

Yes I know Ooltewah beat Indepedence but that was their first and only win of the season. They have had tough losses to good competition but that does not put them ahead of Independence.

I was not and did not challenge the guy that does the site. I cannot believe that this guy has watched 100 teams in the state to know what every team possess. It is more of a score board / chat (post) ranking system. If people honestly went on here and posted true facts than he would have a better understanding for his rankings.

Looking for true facts on a bulletin board is like looking for rain in the Atacama Desert.

Who is to say these rankings are any more valid than anyone elses?

Sounds like you had a really bad weekend or somethinf.

Mjuhb does a good job and whether the rankings are right or not is immaterial, they aren't going to get you anything.

I've seen Independence play twice this season and I think they have a nice team. They are a long way from being a state championship caliber team however. If they are a legit top 10 team they'll get a chance to prove it in a few more weeks. You have to do more than play good teams close, you have to win! Good teams win and the rest find excuses. Try to enjoy the rest of the season. The polls are suppose to be for fun.

I have seen Bearden and Independence (both on their home fields) both are good teams, and a lot will likely change between pre-season and State, but from what I saw Bearden is clearly the better team, although Independence surprised me. Independence will have a tough road thru Brentwood, Centennial, Franklin, etc. to get to the state finals....or even out of Williamson county, but they may do it. I can't speak to top 10 since I haven't seen many of the west TN teams.

Here is my TOP 15...

Oak Ridge

Franklin

Bearden

Brentwood

Collierville

Siegel

Hendersonville

Houston

Farragut

Independence

Greeneville

White Station

Ooltewah

Tullahoma

Dobyns-Bennett

if you do that than you have people saying well ooltewah beat independence why is independence ahead of ooltewah but thats just the monster that i created

i go to games all time and i have built up alot of contacts some actually send me video