FAYETTE ACADEMY VS. JCS

JTRIM

now even if you're from either school you need to consider where the game of football is won.... in the trenches.... on the line i think you all know that... fayette has to many outstanding linemen...2 of whitch are all-staters.. personally i think if fayette comes out and does what they have ben doing the last 4 weeks.... i think it could very well be a shut-out with fayette winning

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fayette Acadamy has been impressive in defeating a weak Div. 2 opponant (St. Benedict) and defeating 3 teams (Bruceton, Mannassas, and West Carroll) that everyone wants to schedule for homecoming! Jackson Christian School on the other hand has played DCA who is ranked in 2A, Jackson South Side who is one of the very best 3A teams in the state, USJ, and a TCA club that merits being ranked in 1A.

You can't even begin to compare the two schedules. The JCS schedule has been much tougher to date while Fayette Acadamy has played cupcakes and twinkes. Advantage Jackson Christian School.

It is my understanding that the QB for Fayette Acadamy ( Cocke) will not play in this game due to injury. I believe his replacement (Dowdy) is only a freshman if my information is correct. This is not an ideal situation to have in this type of game. Especially when playing on the road. The QB for JCS (Fowler) is averaging over 100 yards per game passing. He has many dangerous targets at his disposal. Advantage JCS.

Fayette Acadamy has two fine running backs in Butler and Wentworth. Both ran for over 100 yards each against West Carroll. These two have been getting the job done for Fayette Acadamy. JCS tailback Nick Melton has close to 2000 yards in the last 15 games. JCS can also run effectively from the fullback position and can drop Rashad Raynor in as a running back as well. I will rate this as either a toss up or a slight advantage to Fayette Acadamy.

Fayette Acadamy features bruising line play. However, unless their line is better than DCA's line, or on a par with the line of Jackson South Side (which I highly doubt), JCS is more than capable of holding their own.

Special teams play can be weighted heavily in the favor of Jackson Christian School. Rashad Raynor may be the most dangerous return man in all of West Tennessee. He just may be the very best in all of 1A football. If you kick away from Raynor, then Melton is the likely return man. He is not a pleasant option to defend either.

Finally, this game will be played at Ronnie Fowler Field on the JCS campus. This is a distinct advantage for JCS. They always play well at home.

Personally, I think that the game will come down to turnovers and who commits the least amount of them and is able to take advantage of the opportunities that turnovers can provide.

With all things considered, my pick is Jackson Christian School 24 Fayette Acadamy 17. This shapes up to be a great game and it does have huge playoff seeding implications riding on the outcome. My advice is to arrive early. This game will end up being be standing room only.

Fayette Acadamy has been impressive in defeating a weak Div. 2 opponant (St. Benedict) and defeating 3 teams (Bruceton, Mannassas, and West Carroll) that everyone wants to schedule for homecoming! Jackson Christian School on the other hand has played DCA who is ranked in 2A, Jackson South Side who is one of the very best 3A teams in the state, USJ, and a TCA club that merits being ranked in 1A.

You can't even begin to compare the two schedules. The JCS schedule has been much tougher to date while Fayette Acadamy has played cupcakes and twinkes. Advantage Jackson Christian School.

It is my understanding that the QB for Fayette Acadamy ( Cocke) will not play in this game due to injury. I believe his replacement (Dowdy) is only a freshman if my information is correct. This is not an ideal situation to have in this type of game. Especially when playing on the road. The QB for JCS (Fowler) is averaging over 100 yards per game passing. He has many dangerous targets at his disposal. Advantage JCS.

Fayette Acadamy has two fine running backs in Butler and Wentworth. Both ran for over 100 yards each against West Carroll. These two have been getting the job done for Fayette Acadamy. JCS tailback Nick Melton has close to 2000 yards in the last 15 games. JCS can also run effectively from the fullback position and can drop Rashad Raynor in as a running back as well. I will rate this as either a toss up or a slight advantage to Fayette Acadamy.

Fayette Acadamy features bruising line play. However, unless their line is better than DCA's line, or on a par with the line of Jackson South Side (which I highly doubt), JCS is more than capable of holding their own.

Special teams play can be weighted heavily in the favor of Jackson Christian School. Rashad Raynor may be the most dangerous return man in all of West Tennessee. He just may be the very best in all of 1A football. If you kick away from Raynor, then Melton is the likely return man. He is not a pleasant option to defend either.

Finally, this game will be played at Ronnie Fowler Field on the JCS campus. This is a distinct advantage for JCS. They always play well at home.

Personally, I think that the game will come down to turnovers and who commits the least amount of them and is able to take advantage of the opportunities that turnovers can provide.

With all things considered, my pick is Jackson Christian School 24 Fayette Acadamy 17. This shapes up to be a great game and it does have huge playoff seeding implications riding on the outcome. My advice is to arrive early. This game will end up being be standing room only.

agreed

agreed

This is going to be a slugfest! I think Fayette can win this one though. But only if they can consistantly keep the JCS offence off the field. FA will need to stop melton first off. No opponent yet for JCS has contained him, and second they will need to avoid kicking the ball to Rayner. JCS also showed that a more physical team, like SS and DCA, can dictate the field and score some points. Ill take Fayette 35-14.

WELL MR.REITZ FAN EVERY BIT OF YOUR INFO I'VE HEARD IS WRONG WELL NOT TOTALLY...THERE ARE 2 QB'S WITH THE LAST NAME DOWDY 1 A FRESHMAN 1 A SENIOR.... TAILBACKS.. I THINK WE CAN ARE BOTH BETTER THAN THAT MELTON KID .THEIR D-LINE AND O-LINE EVERYBODY AGREES FAYETTE 'S ARE TOOOO PHYSICAL .. SO WHAT IS LEFT TO TALK ABOUT.... OOO FAYETTE'S DEFENSE I THINK EVERYBOSY KNOWS HOW THEY GO ABOUT THINGS..WE'LL ALL SEE COME FRIDAY

WELL MR.REITZ FAN EVERY BIT OF YOUR INFO I'VE HEARD IS WRONG WELL NOT TOTALLY...THERE ARE 2 QB'S WITH THE LAST NAME DOWDY 1 A FRESHMAN 1 A SENIOR.... TAILBACKS.. I THINK WE CAN ARE BOTH BETTER THAN THAT MELTON KID .THEIR D-LINE AND O-LINE EVERYBODY AGREES FAYETTE 'S ARE TOOOO PHYSICAL .. SO WHAT IS LEFT TO TALK ABOUT.... OOO FAYETTE'S DEFENSE I THINK EVERYBOSY KNOWS HOW THEY GO ABOUT THINGS..WE'LL ALL SEE COME FRIDAY

No need to get grouchy, let the kids play friday night.

First off, as far as scheduling goes, FA has dominated every team they have played, I don't care if you would schedule those teams for homecoming, when you've allowed 1 touchdown in 4 games, that is saying something. Second off, DCA is not ranked in 2A, unless you're looking at some poll that I know nothing of, because they aren't ranked in the AP, nor are they in the CoachT fan poll. They are a mediocre 2A team. South Side is a pretty good 3A team and JCS got smoked by them, how can you argue for a team when you have no evidence? Now if they would have played them a good game then I would see your point, but they got beat 55-7. So that point is invalid. USJ is probably in the lower 10 teams in 2A, so you have nothing there. And TCA is a pretty good, young, but good team, and JCS only beat them by 2. So your scheduling theory is wasted.

As far as Cocke being injured, this is a very minor setback, it will not be viewed as that big of a deal in the Viking camp for there are more than qualified backups who will get the job done. Now Rashad Raynor is a very good return man, very explosive and an excellent athlete, he will definitly give JCS an advantage. The line play for the FA will definitly be dominating, if the Eagles line is even the slightest bit weaker, slower, or less physical, the Vikings will exploit them and put them on the ground all night. I believe there may be an advantage for JCS because they are playing at home, but then if you remember 2003 when FA beat JCS twice at home, it really won't be a factor. All in all I believe this will be an excellent game, at least I hope. More than likely will be for the the region championship. Good Luck to both teams!

Mr. Trim,

What happened to your QB by the name of Davis Cocke? Information on another thread by a FA supporter stated he was injured and will not play. Cocke had decent numbers against Manassas as he threw for 120 yards and 1 TD. Why did he not play against West Carroll? Was it an injury or a coaching decision? As far as the Dowdy kid goes, hey, it was an honest mistake. Jake Dowdy is a senior. Still, he is an unproven commodity at the QB slot. He did not exactly put up really noticable numbers. According to the box score I saw, he only attempted 2 passes. I am not critisizing him, just stating facts.

As far as the FA running game goes, I do believe that I gave props to the Butler and Wentworth kids. They appear to be a most effective duo. As I recall, I gave the advantage in the running game overall to FA. Sorry for not mentioning Cole's name. Perhaps that is why you were rather grouchy in your reply. He is a good option as well.

I also seem to recall giving the FA linemen credit. There is no doubt that they will be a tough group to handle.

Outside of saying that Jake Dowdy was a freshman instead of a senior, I don't see any real information that I gave that was not factual in its nature. If I am off base about Davis Cocke or if I am in error concerning my assessment of the early season strength of schedules of both schools I would appreciate you pointing it out to me. Otherwise, I think I was pretty fair in my assessment of what shapes up to be an outstanding game. Hopefully, this will be the first of two meetings this season.

Friday's game ought to be a dandy!

First off, as far as scheduling goes, FA has dominated every team they have played, I don't care if you would schedule those teams for homecoming, when you've allowed 1 touchdown in 4 games, that is saying something. Second off, DCA is not ranked in 2A, unless you're looking at some poll that I know nothing of, because they aren't ranked in the AP, nor are they in the CoachT fan poll. They are a mediocre 2A team. South Side is a pretty good 3A team and JCS got smoked by them, how can you argue for a team when you have no evidence? Now if they would have played them a good game then I would see your point, but they got beat 55-7. So that point is invalid. USJ is probably in the lower 10 teams in 2A, so you have nothing there. And TCA is a pretty good, young, but good team, and JCS only beat them by 2. So your scheduling theory is wasted.

I am sorry, but you miss my point. JCS has in fact played a much tougher schedule to date then FA. The teams that Fayette Acadamy has played to date have a combined record of 2 wins and 12 losses. The teams that JCS has played to date have a combined record of 7 wins and 6 losses. Two of the opponants of JCS were ranked in the AP polls when JCS played them. DCA just dropped out of the 2A poll last week. They are far from mediocre. They have also played a tough early season schedule. TCA probably merits ranking as well. They are a pretty good team as well. South Side should move up in the 3A poll this week. The 0-3 USJ team is better than anyone that FA has played to date. Yes, FA has dominated their early season opponants. But, they should have dominated cupcakes and twinkies. No, my scheduling theory is not wasted. Facts are facts.

As far as Cocke being injured, this is a very minor setback, it will not be viewed as that big of a deal in the Viking camp for there are more than qualified backups who will get the job done. Now Rashad Raynor is a very good return man, very explosive and an excellent athlete, he will definitly give JCS an advantage. The line play for the FA will definitly be dominating, if the Eagles line is even the slightest bit weaker, slower, or less physical, the Vikings will exploit them and put them on the ground all night. I believe there may be an advantage for JCS because they are playing at home, but then if you remember 2003 when FA beat JCS twice at home, it really won't be a factor. All in all I believe this will be an excellent game, at least I hope. More than likely will be for the the region championship. Good Luck to both teams!

You are right, this will be an excellent game and it will decide the region championship.

I am sorry, but you miss my point. JCS has in fact played a much tougher schedule to date then FA. The teams that Fayette Acadamy has played to date have a combined record of 2 wins and 12 losses. The teams that JCS has played to date have a combined record of 7 wins and 6 losses. Two of the opponants of JCS were ranked in the AP polls when JCS played them. DCA just dropped out of the 2A poll last week. They are far from mediocre. They have also played a tough early season schedule. TCA probably merits ranking as well. They are a pretty good team as well. South Side should move up in the 3A poll this week. The 0-3 USJ team is better than anyone that FA has played to date. Yes, FA has dominated their early season opponants. But, they should have dominated cupcakes and twinkies. No, my scheduling theory is not wasted. Facts are facts.

Why did you put this in the middle of my post?

I'm going to point out the key phrases in your post... "were ranked", "just dropped out of", "probably merits ranking", "should move up." Man you really know how to make all those "facts" clear.

Your reasoning is rediculous. I never said FA didn't have an easy schedule, only that they were dominating the teams that they have played. You're trying to argue the fact that the reason JCS is 2-2 is because their schedule has been "much tougher to date," while it may have, it doesn't change the fact that they haven't played well enough to win against these teams. I would give you some credit if they would have played a decent game against South Side but they didn't. 55-7. 55-7!! I don't care if they have the toughest schedule in the state, when they get spanked like that, it doesn't matter because they aren't competing. When JCS starts competing with the "tough" teams on their schedule then I will give credit. Until then, your theory is wasted.

Cole had nothing to do with what he said Mr. Reitz Fan he is only a small peice of metal in a big machine called the team ..... its the fact that you bash our schedule when you yourself have a tough schedule that you have not lived up to... ...i am not affended in any way and believe it'll be a great game.... i believe this will show people in jackson what the academy can do

Edited by Trickle6