Powell vs. Halls

Drega06

A little bad news the Powell Halls game supposed to shown on WMAK channel 7 has been preempted for the West Maryville game.

A big matchup now as both programs are 3-3. Powell has had a tougher road to get to their 3-3 so I have no misconceptions about their talent. South Doyle was a close game but they have improved and I think coming off a emotional victory against Farragut and one eye open on our matchup may have led to some letdown. Both programs are having a hard time holding on to the ball. Both programs have excellent athletes and can score very quickly with the big play. Cruze has been unstoppable the past couple of weeks and if our offensive coordinator lets Cooper loose this will be a game to remember. If Halls deceides to play not to lose we will be punished. We are at a crossroads(pun intended) do we want to excel or be average. We'll see how the offensive schemes are this friday night.

Further observation is O'kicker is absolutely in the zone right now. He is our definate bright spot in the kicking and punting part of the special teams. Also that blocked field goal attempt last Friday night was awesome one of the best plays of the year. My opinion for the rest of the special teams is they need a lot of work we are totally shakey at best and it hasn't changed since the Sevier Co. game. I hope this takes on a greater importance as our season unfolds.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drega I'm mostly always optimistic. Powell has always a chance to beat Central & West I really didn't mean it that way. Just a observation on this point in time if Halls wants to move to the next level we have to play you guys tough and pull the upset if we want to have any Playoff ambitions at all. You can usually gauge if we are really hungry if we live on the edge a little in our offensive schemes. We have already been burnt badly by West & central by trying to bore them to death and most everyone will agree it didn't work to well. Maryville isn't a exciting prospect to deliver us a win with their impressive run of late. So I think we have to pick our battles. This is one such battle along with the South Doyle game so I expect all the players will be up for it. They all know what it means. I think this will show how far our youngsters have come since the first couple of weeks of the season.

Edited by ZCAR

Hey Powellfan, maybe if I stir some things up we can get this forum going. So, why doesn't Coach Lowe put McGaha and Bruin on the same side of the O-Line? And why doesn't McGaha play more defense?

Not Powellfan, but I think I can answer that: Jared isn't starting at defensive end, but he's playing about half of the snaps on defense in the rotation with the two ends that are starters.

LJ is primarily a defensive lineman now. Evidentially that's where the coaches feel like he can help the team the most. If the last couple of weeks are any indications, that has been the right move. He's really caused problems for the opposition from his nose tackle spot.

Edited by HTV

Ahh im not here to stir anything up anymore lol, I just like to watch a little football.

I dont know what coaches the moves make, Im just there to watch a game, To me as long as its a good hard fought close game Im happy, I would like to see Powell do some things different on offense and deffense, but I dont make those decisions.

I've given up trying to 2nd guess these coaches as far as the O-line is concerned. Divercity, I have been asking that same question all year, and I still haven't gotten a good answer. That team needs to be able to move the football if they are going to win football games, and they haven't been able to do that. Why they haven't put those guys on the same side of the O-Line is beyond me. The few times they have done it, it has worked beautifully. I understand that those 2 can't play both sides of the ball every play, but if you can't score TDs, you can't win games in high school.

Hey osu, are you going friday, I have my 2 month big meeting on friday IM hoping I can get out of there in time, If I go Ill look for ya there.

Yeah, I should be there. Looking forward to seeing the scouts from Cincy and OSU at the game to check out Jared McGaha, or so I'm told. Rivals claims that Michigan has shown some interest in him, so I need to find a way to to tell him that would be the biggest mistake of his life. Jared, if you are wise, go anywhere but Michigan! You will thank me someday!

Edited by osunut2

LOL, now why dont you like michigan.

OHHH yeah, I saw my Duckies are comming to Tennessee in 2009, I will be at that game if its the last thing I do in my life. SOrry a little rambling there.

I think Mcgaha should join the marshall crew with all the other knoxville guys heading there