Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Cat Ridger, I can still hear their fight song ringing in my head. They played it about 15 times. Yep, that was a tavern style beat down. The Cats better get it together because WB, Ootlewah, and Farragut surely smell blood in the water. Cats came up short in the heart and effort categories. Can't recall seeing that before from an OR team. Remeber this: "Buy a Ticket"? I was just a little bit perturbed at that point.

But, let's put that one behind us, and move on. Heritage is better than they have been. This OR team will have to play smarter and harder to win. Some of our guys think they can just show up and teams will roll over, as you know, it's quite the opposite. We get everybody's best effort.

Do the freshmen and JV play tonite?

I think so - Powell.

I still have the warchant ringing in my ears. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........

OR better learn how to practice HARD. They go through the motions in practice, and it carries over into the game. (I.E. running full speed, not jogging or walking, receivers not finishing or RUNNING routes, backs not making a play on the ball not the player, etc.) The News Sentinel was actually civil and not rip OR a new one.

Heart isn't something you develop. You either have it or you don't. They need to figure out REAL FAST nothing is given to them. Hard work and determination makes it. Shades of 1992 - record 5-5. No heart, no playoffs, no respect.

How in the heck can you come out flat in a game like that?!

The coaches will either have to scrap the "hurry-up" offense, hurry up getting it on the field by the time the whistke blows for the next play; or go back to the tried and true huddle.

I understand what they are trying to do with the no huddle. But it seems to be killing our own momentum. If our guys are just standing where they're going to line up staring at their wrist band, and taking longer than it takes the defense to substitute, then what is the advantage? I think when it's done quickly it works, but the way we are running it provides no advantage. There seems to be alot of confusion. I don't have a problem with no huddle if they use it in a hurry up manner, but we're still using up the whole play clock and the defense has time to sub. I don't get it?

I suppose any thing new takes time for the advantages to show up.

Honestly the board they are using for offensive plays looks like a pit board in an old nascar race I was waiting for a couple trainers to jump over the fence change his shoes, put the catch can in his overflow and fill him up with water.

I think the huddle is more than just a place to call plays. Anyone that has ever played knows there is a lot more that goes on in the huddle besides calling the play. I think the breaking of the huddle and hustle to the line is almost as important as the play it sets the tone for the up coming play. Having a hurry up offense is very very important. Two years ago OR didnt even have a hurry up offense period. The wrist band and pitboard thing....IMO gotta go

OR will win this one I just hope they don't think beating Heritage means they are back where they need to be. OR is very lucky the way their schedule plays out. It is a perfect schedule for a young team. I hope they get their heads in the game

I agree wildman. I think the huddle can help a team's confidence and togetherness, especially on a young team like this. You need a leader in that huddle to tell the guys to "step it up", or "keep your composure", or "get your head outta your....". Maybe someone to say "let's go score guys, this is gonna work". Plus you can clear up any confusion, and there seems to be alot. I think the huddle would help this particular team.

BCR, With this particular Cat team, all the teams we face will be a challenge, except for Bradley, but even they ran the ball right up the gut on us with their 2nd tailback. I'm not sure about two key parts of this team; chemistry and toughness. Heritage, while not the most talented team we face has tough kids. And they are not intimidated by OR. We will have to play well.