Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to the formula....what you put in is directly related to what you get out......We played around since last season instead of preparing and now we are young and dumb. If we would have had some work ethic since New Years we would be ready to play today. But everyone including the coaches waited til fall practice to think it was important. Doesn't work that way. It starts at the top. Chucky is too worried about the New Chuck Dome and Stanton has to coach spring sports.

Ole Dad

I agree ORidge Kat. With inexperience, you need to have as little confusion as possible. The scheme that they have now is just adding to that. :thumb:

Go back to the huddle, everyone's on the same page and not on their own island.

Any threat from Heritage?

What in the world is going on up there? From this discussion I cannot believe this is the same team that beat R'dale last year. :(

I know some great players graduated, but we are talking about Oak Ridge! Y'all just reload and keep winning.

I am NOT taking a shot at y'all, I have way toooo much respect for y'all to ever do that. Just want to know what is going on.

Ole dad, I agree that the off season regimen has been less than stellar. Games are won and lost in Feb., March, Apr etc., I don't think these young guys understand how hard you have to work to be good. But they will get it. They're embarrassed right now and they don't like the taste of losing they got Fri. Too bad it had to take a good butt kicking to begin to realize that. These guys have to get serious about weight training, not just sign in and then go to the pool. I think they will regroup, refocus this week and play a good game Friday night. It's like Emory Hale used to say. His job was to turn these young kittens into Wildcats, that's where we're at right now.

The Ridge will bounce back big I think Stevens wont let them play like that again.

OR 45

Heritage 13

Is there any blame on the coaching staff? I quote "Stevens won't let them play like that again". Did he let them play like that by choice??? Early season prep was bad??? Is that part of coaching??? Just asking some obvious questions....

Dragoons, yes it is part coaching. The responsibility for getting the guys ready to play falls on both the coaching staff and the players themselves. We lost a bunch of good senior leadership, 30 of them in all, 19 starters. I don't think people realize what a special group of kids that was. They were more self motivated, you didn't have to tell Spencer, Tyler Trent, Jake Vane, Daniel Johnson, etc. to work hard. They knew what it takes. But yes, Dragoon, I think everybody involved has been sort of coasting since last Dec., and everybody needs to take a good look at themselves and ask if they're working as hard as they can to get better.. Again, I think this is a very talented group, they are just young and immature as a football team. We'll be allright

ORidgeKat, what are we supposed to think when the head coach tells the newspapers that the "kids weren't ready". It falls on the leadership (coaches and captains). OH yeah...who ARE the captains???

Alex is out for the season, the offense is inconsistant and sputtering, the defensive backfield is weak and the line on both sides of the ball is undisciplined. The worst part of the game last friday is the fact that all the former 'Cats were there watching the "collapse". I myself find myself wanting to their practice all week, suit back up, and show these young bucks what it means to sacrifice, have heart and determionation, work hard all week and defend the tradition.

We should go to a 4-4 on defense to stop the run because I guarantee that teams like Farragut will just run it down your throat until you stop them. It will help the small line, the inexperienced linebackers, and force the DBs to play the ball and not the player AFTER he catches the ball. Don't get me started on the offense...

Heritage may be bad on paper, but they have heart and determination. Two things we lack right now.

Again, no team leadership. If just a couples of players would step up and lead, the team would be better off than just floundering around in the dark.