Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

This is what I saw early on. This is why earlier, I said that Clinton had a chance to beat the Wildcats. It didn't happen and people thought I was a looney. Some probably still do and that game is history. Everyone knows that the Athletes won out in that one. Anyways, all isn't lost. The Wildcats need to come together, play like a "TEAM". I also think that the Coaching staff needs to make adjustments for their weaknesses, as well as their strengths. I would get rid of the no-huddle. When I watched the Wildcats play, it wasn't forcing some kind of advantage for the offense but it did lead to some offensive blunders. Passing game should consist of rolling Conner to his left or right and winging it down field to Darryl Miller as often as possible. Minimum of 5 times per game. Play a basic 4-3 on defense and allow the teams quickness to react. Wildcats should be alright, as long as the team works hard and doesn't implode. Sometimes with young teams and a bunch of individuals, finger pointing is a lot easier than the hard work it takes to turn things around. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there boys, Nov. will be here soon enough.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat,

I agree we lost a special group of kids. They worked hard because the prior staff and leadership demanded, expected and participated in an all out effort of year round preparation. I saw it approcahing like a train in a tunnell with no place to run. Even some of the assistant coaches have commented privately about the current program being disorganized, unprepared and uncommitted. (and this was back in the spring) I don't think you can make up for 9 months of goofing off in a week or 2 of work. It will not be the season we expected and although we will win 7 or 8 games it won't feel good for Cat fans. I got a kick out of Stantons early comments about being a work in progress that was going to take 6-7 weeks to perfect. Maybe he should have started in March and not August in getting his work in progress completed. Just my humble opinion. The buck starts at the top and Chucky needs to quit spending so much time worrying about the New Chuck Dome and start focusing on football. The selection committee on 2 occassions selected another coach to succed Lussier and Chucky and crew overuled them both times. That's who needs to step up and take responsibility.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

Dragoons, yes it is part coaching. The responsibility for getting the guys ready to play falls on both the coaching staff and the players themselves. We lost a bunch of good senior leadership, 30 of them in all, 19 starters. I don't think people realize what a special group of kids that was. They were more self motivated, you didn't have to tell Spencer, Tyler Trent, Jake Vane, Daniel Johnson, etc. to work hard. They knew what it takes. But yes, Dragoon, I think everybody involved has been sort of coasting since last Dec., and everybody needs to take a good look at themselves and ask if they're working as hard as they can to get better.. Again, I think this is a very talented group, they are just young and immature as a football team. We'll be allright

Edited by Ole Dad

Kat,

I agree we lost a special group of kids. They worked hard because the prior staff and leadership demanded, expected and participated in an all out effort of year round preparation. I saw it approcahing like a train in a tunnell with no place to run. Even some of the assistant coaches have commented privately about the current program being disorganized, unprepared and uncommitted. (and this was back in the spring) I don't think you can make up for 9 months of goofing off in a week or 2 of work. It will not be the season we expected and although we will win 7 or 8 games it won't feel good for Cat fans. I got a kick out of Stantons early comments about being a work in progress that was going to take 6-7 weeks to perfect. Maybe he should have started in March and not August in getting his work in progress completed. Just my humble opinion. The buck starts at the top and Chucky needs to quit spending so much time worrying about the New Chuck Dome and start focusing on football. The selection committee on 2 occassions selected another coach to succed Lussier and Chucky and crew overuled them both times. That's who needs to step up and take responsibility.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

:huh: With fans like you ole dad Oak Ridge doesn't need enemies.... You keep on running those chops and we will keep laughing at your embarrassing posts.... :thumb:

Or we could solve our problems like you guys and start recruiting.

Ole Dad

:huh: With fans like you ole dad Oak Ridge doesn't need enemies.... You keep on running those chops and we will keep laughing at your embarrassing posts.... :thumb:

Just here to give you humor.

Ole Dad

:lol: With fans like you ole dad Oak Ridge doesn't need enemies.... You keep on running those chops and we will keep laughing at your embarrassing posts.... :huh:

Edited by Ole Dad

Last I heard, the principal is the principal for the entire school. Oak Ridge, just like other schools is about more than football. The renovation of the school, whether it involves a new gym or not, is the #1 priority along with educating the students. Just because the former coach that some wanted rehired was not rehired, due to the fact he was asked to leave because of his off the field conduct does not mean that the current administration does not have the football program in its best interest. IMO, it says just the opposite about the current administration. They have some morals, unlike others out there.

Kat,

Ole Dad

Ole Dad

Actually this coaching staffs off season program is much more strict than the one prior. The players were actually held accountable for missing summer workouts and workouts during the season ie #5 this past week. And the QB's and WR's threw 2 or 3 times a week during the off season. Not that I have anything against the former or the current head coach but those are the facts. I think the offense will take time. It is still new and it's much different trying to execute when its live bullets. If we stay with it and get proficient at executing it I think it will be tough to stop. It is designed for our best players to shine which are the QB and WR's. We do not have a top notch running back, our best two backs do not wiegh over 150lb and our big back #1 has been a dissapointment so far. Defenses no longer have to put eight in the box to shut our running game down. Our offensive line is TINY and do not use good technique they cannot block the better teams in our region much less the state. Our defensive lineman are tiny and cannot keep th OL off of our linebackers so they can make plays. We need to play a 4-3. We do not have the personnel to play a 3-4 and be effective against a quality opponent. Our QB has not had a good game yet and this suprises me. Of course the O-line could have something to do with that. I think he will pull it together though. He looks uncomfortable in the gun so I would say we will go under center alot more.

Edited by NickOrlando

Even Tank seems to think on the bright side...

His column yesterday said that it may or may not be a goot thing for Heritage to come to the 'Ship... the Mountaineers are looking for something to jumpstart them on the winning track, and the'cats are looking for answers. For the silver lining scenario...the 'cats could have gotten a wake up call and brought them back to earth and realized the reagion is going to be a dogfight from start to finish. No second chances. They couls come into the game Friday night with a major chip on their shoulder with something to prove to themselves as well as everyone else in the state.

Let's just hope things are changinf for the better...I haven't made it to any of the practices this week.

I think that finding team captain would help bring together the team.

NickOrlando, I agree completely. They have been working all summer, but NOT the offensive style that they are using now. They are playing like it's something that was just shown to them right before 2-a-days started.

Ole Dad, Kat... we all need to realize that we need to do SOMETHING to influence these young 'Cats and let them know that we're still behind them and need to find their swagger. Respect has to be earned, not given...