Marshall Co. vs. Page

mcfan10

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be a close game because Page will be pumped up heading into a game against their top rival in the region. Marshall lost big to Greenbrier and Page is a team that already has a win over WH this year.

Page: 20

Marshall Co.: 21

I like the Tigers to win the game but this blowout talk is nonsense :thumb:

This could be similar to Tennessee vs. Air Force. Marshall Co. could overlook Page since everyone says they are no count. People will be surprised friday, but I think Marshall Co. will pull away late.

If Page is able to hang around this year they have a VERY bright future.

I don't recall a "blowout" in this series in the last 10 years.

You cannot count on anything in this rivalry. Page is very young, therefore unpredictable. Look at what happened with White House. Page has played the toughest schedule I have seen so far, I only hope the guys can see this helps them toward the region. Remember 2001, the Pats were 1-6 and beat MC who won the region....so who knows??

If Gower goes wild again this year....trouble for the Pats. Still a lot of questions to be answered by both teams. I think there is a lot more pressure on MC to win.

A high scoring game works more for the Pats. Like I said before on other threads, we will let Hightower run wild and when he is worn out, Page wins by a FG.......either that it rains like crazy and that field floods and we find out Hightower cannot swim.

This game is a true measuring stick for region play and position.

bulldog -- You say the pats are unpredictable -- Look at MC. They have been up and down so far this season. Many shining moments and others that just don't add up. This team looks like a JV team at times. You just never know what is going to happen from play to play.

Things can only get better for both schools. We have to remember these are kids and as we all know kids can be and are very unpredictable. If the pros can't get it right every time what makes us think that High School kids can.

bulldog -- You say the pats are unpredictable -- Look at MC. They have been up and down so far this season. Many shining moments and others that just don't add up. This team looks like a JV team at times. You just never know what is going to happen from play to play.

Things can only get better for both schools. We have to remember these are kids and as we all know kids can be and are very unpredictable. If the pros can't get it right every time what makes us think that High School kids can.

You are absolutely correct when you say that mc because at times Marshall Co. looks like a team that is headed nowhere (ie the first half of the game against Sycamore & pretty much the entire game against Greenbrier). There are other times however when the Lewisburg bunch looks like a team that could make a run towards a state title (ie the win against Creek Wood).

If Marshall plays to their potential, by that sure is a scary word, then they'll win this game and be tough to beat throughout the remainder of the season. If they play like the team that blew a lead against Spring Hill, got put in a huge whole early against Sycamore, and got hammered by Greenbrier last week then they'll quickly find themselves on the outside looking in when it comes to talking about the playoffs.