Collinwood vs. Columbia Academy

GreenMan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not exactly a huge CA fan...or a Collinwood fan for that matter(nuetrel, just love the game)...but the officiating was terrible last night. The refs would call the ball dead on fumbles and give it to Collinwood, turn a blind eye to the clock when they were on offense, and both teams played pretty dirty but the late hit on their fullback at the end deserved some kind of penalty. The refs were pretty one sided with it. I doubt Ca would have won if the refs had called a fair game, but i expected better from them after hearing all the Collinwood fans go on about last year's refs.

there is a rule in football that says the ball is dead when the players knee hits the ground.........yeah ca got flagged a bunch for holding but thats cause they were tackling collinwoods d line instead of blocking them.....funny you didnt mention the time the refs gave Ca five downs instead of four......hadnt seen that one in a while. As for the hit on no. 33........you cant assume a receiver is gonna drop a pass when you go to hit him........hit him first and then see if he caught it...........

Edited by ssssssss

Woah no need to get offensive with it here. I know on most of those fumbles their knee wasn't down. CA did hold a lot, and did deserve most of their penalties, but there were a few that were questionable(as in every other game ever played) and the 5 downs thing....I believe Ca was down bad with not much time left on that. It didn't matter anyway.

Woah no need to get offensive with it here. I know on most of those fumbles their knee wasn't down. CA did hold a lot, and did deserve most of their penalties, but there were a few that were questionable(as in every other game ever played) and the 5 downs thing....I believe Ca was down bad with not much time left on that. It didn't matter anyway.

Well,most of us didnt have the benefit of instant reply like im guessing you did.....did espn or espn2 carry the game?

The refs would call the ball dead on fumbles and give it to Collinwood,

and both teams played pretty dirty but the late hit on their fullback at the end deserved some kind of penalty.

The refs were pretty one sided with it.

Collinwood fumbled 3 times after the whislte, and recovered all three of them.

If you think Collinwood played dirty, you need to watch the game film. Collinwood held thier composure with a CA team that was hitting late, spearing, trash-talking after every play, pushing players after plays, and pointing thier fingers in people faces.

As for the hit on the full-back, that was a borderline lateral so the LB was doing his job by keeping the CA player from getting to the ball. I thought it was a little close to being a late hit myself, until someone explained it to me.

If you thought the refs were one sided then you missed the several drive killing calls against Cwood, which is the only thing that kept CA in the game in the first half.

:blink:

You talk about CA and Sportsmanship. I was at the game and thought both teams played hard. The only truely unsportsmanlike thing I saw from both teams was when the QB from CA spiked the ball out of bounds on 4th down. He did it solely out of frustration it looked like to me with his line and their protection. As for the officials. TN officials are not very good, PERIOD. The officials had nothing to do with the outcome of this game. Collinwood controlled the line on scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that was the main difference. Collinwood has a very good team this year and should give MP all they want this week. I'm just tired of people talking about CA and sportsmanship. I've been to ball games that they have had some very bad examples of sportsmanship, but last Friday night was not one of them. I've been to Collinwood games where they have shown bad sportsmanship, but last Friday night was not one of them.