Maryville v. William Blount

DCM

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Blount should give Maryville a very good game this year. After watching the game against Ooltewah, I am confident that WB can play with most anyone in the state this year (5A, that is). Maryville should watch out for this one. If they come out expecting to roll, they could get smacked in the mouth. However, Maryville is the best team in the state, regardless of classification, and I just don't see them getting beat this year.

I agree with most of that assesment except for maybe Maryville expecting to roll. They will be ready and still excited to be in a county rival game. William Blount is much improved and so now they will not be able to fly under the radar. Good game but results will be Maryville pulling away in second half.

I agree with most of that assesment except for maybe Maryville expecting to roll. They will be ready and still excited to be in a county rival game. William Blount is much improved and so now they will not be able to fly under the radar. Good game but results will be Maryville pulling away in second half.

I don't think Maryville will come expecting to roll, in fact I do highly doubt that will happen. The coaching staff is too good, and the players are too disciplined. If they do, however, WB could surprise them. Like you said, WB has lost some of the "surprise factor" which could have benefited them in this one, although Maryville won't be caught off guard by anyone. If WB can keep this one close, they may have a chance at pulling a HUGE upset.

I don't think Maryville will come expecting to roll, in fact I do highly doubt that will happen. The coaching staff is too good, and the players are too disciplined. If they do, however, WB could surprise them. Like you said, WB has lost some of the "surprise factor" which could have benefited them in this one, although Maryville won't be caught off guard by anyone. If WB can keep this one close, they may have a chance at pulling a HUGE upset.

No way. Im not taking anything away from WB I wish good things for them but maryville is just to good.

I am glad to see this rivalry heating back up and that always happens when both teams are good. It is healthy for Blount County football. It is a shame that all the teams in this proud county do not play anymore. When I went to Maryville back in th 80's it was a big deal to be Blount County champions. Bragging rights were a right of passage for a whole year until some other school took that spot. None the less this should a better WB team than Maryville has seen in a while. Go Big Red!

William Blount should give Maryville a very good game this year. After watching the game against Ooltewah, I am confident that WB can play with most anyone in the state this year (5A, that is). Maryville should watch out for this one. If they come out expecting to roll, they could get smacked in the mouth. However, Maryville is the best team in the state, regardless of classification, and I just don't see them getting beat this year.

I would agree that Maryville will not be able to look past William Blount. WB has a really good offensive line and some very good running backs. However, they do need to develop their passing game a little.

This is a very improved team and they have a lot of talent. Maryville is an awfully good team and it no doubt would be an upset. WB will have their hands full. Would love to see a 2-5A team win.

I hope WB gives Maryville not only a run for their money, but comes out with the big win.