Maryville v. William Blount

DCM

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Backer, I love your attitude and your belief in the team. Be careful to not cross over that "fine line" between confident and cocky. You've got a lot of WB alums and fans supporting you guys and believing in you.

WB has no room to talk with Maryville coming. We (like everyone else) have been thoroughly dominated by the Rebels for quite some time now. There are some things about this year's team that could make them more competitive than they have been in the past ...

*Best kicking and punting game I ever remember the Gov's having.

*Great set of offensive linemen ... Maryville has shown some weakness against the run up the gut, and that is a strength of this WB offense.

*WB showed a little improvement in the passing game against Ooltewah. Somehow, they have to keep Jimmy from stacking 8-9 in the box.

Blount's a program on the rise. We need to cut down on penalties, but the team is definitely showing signs of what Coach Meadow's system can accomplish. It would be nice if we could play the game in such a way that George is still having to "work a little" in the second half. :lol::lol: (we'll see).

Edited by GovMan

and as soon as they light the skyes up they will be hit in the mouth by don cope or tyler burstrom and when the run they will be busted by lail or irwin or any of the d line

if you think irwin or lail can stop caleb west, josh caraway, louis darras, broughton greene, and justin huskey you are in serious denial. How do you expect to cover all of maryville's great recievers your better this year no doubt but you havn't been tested yet.

So when is Murvil gonna put on those big boy pants and step up to 5A?

also im gonna say this is gonna be a close one govs win by a feild goal

W.B.-10

MHS-7

[/quote]

2009 is the answer to your question. Stop by Friday night and watch them play a 5A team...... ;)

You seem to be the exception to most of Maryville fan. When someone like me or wbbacker picks someone other than Maryville to win we are attacked personally by all the liberal Maryville fan. I guess I should have just made my pick and ignored the 12 year old Maryville fan on here.

LOL....funny Mikey speaking of 12 year olds. Come on you coward...lets put something on this game. You say WB by 2 according to your score so back it up with a little of bet...name it. Come on Mikey....put it up or shut up...... ;)

Hey Backer, I love your attitude and your belief in the team. Be careful to not .

*Great set of offensive linemen ... Maryville has shown some weakness against the run up the gut, and that is a strength of this WB offense

Come on govman.... are you listeming to the South Doyle coach again.... ;) Actually Maryville has not been "gutted" as many believe. Possible the biggest surprise of the season has been the D-line play.

Blount's a program on the rise

I agree with that statement.....

Geez Mikey be honest and quit acting like a victim. You picked a 1-2, obviously over matched Powell team to beat us last week also. Whoever we play you are going to pick them. I don't think you are a bad guy, but I honestly do not understand your obsession with our program and your obvious desire to try and stir things up.

Give us some more. Our bulletin board in the locker room is getting a little bit bare.

Sorry, I like pulling for the underdog. But if it makes you happy I did pick Maryville in the Big Ones.