Maryville v. William Blount

DCM

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanatic,

Another interesting post by you about Maryville. Your point of view reminds me of a person that lives beside a sewer plant in the summer and can't decide if they should take a shower or shut the window.

Thats funny... I have no problem with Maryville and their fans. I would take you guys any day over Ooltewah (WB fans know what I am talking about).

Guys I am looking forward to Friday night. I believe this could shape up to be a great game if WB would just keep Maryville out of their heads. The toughest thing we face is their passing game. No offense to Tank (great kid), but I feel like we can maybe hold him. WB has a really good rush defense this year. I think this could be close if the Govs will play how I know they can.

Go Govs!

do they finally get a challenge ??? seems like they got all they could handel from a 2a school

You're right, I overlooked the Alcoa game, which was a 17-14 squeaker. Baker and 2-3 other Maryville players were benched that night, as I recall. Don't you think that makes a difference? And how much?

You're right, I overlooked the Alcoa game, which was a 17-14 squeaker. Baker and 2-3 other Maryville players were benched that night, as I recall. Don't you think that makes a difference? And how much?

alcoa is a great team and always has been. Didnt WB and heritage drop them from their schedule why was that? I think that WB and heritage were tired of getting beat by a 2-a team.

Wow, the cycle has started again....

WB fans are unique in their true belief each year that "this is the year" for the Govs. I've followed Blount football for 15 years and they've been saying this is the year since 95. Seems like that program is ALWAYS on the upswing...

Oh well, this my friends is not the year.

You may do well, but beating the Rebels is something different altogether.

And your fans are right behind you all the way....this is a very special year for WB and I really believe we can win the rest of our games....it will probably be one of the most difficult goals to achieve, but yes, it is possible, and we'll be there to back you up to make sure it happens...

Gov Man,

Sounds kinda like you're trying to convince yourself......not me!!!!! I think that WBis a much improved team and they probably did get the SHAFT last Friday evening,BUT when those black hats come out this Friday night.... you'll have that same feeling come over you that has ever since you were a kid.....You know...kinda like.... I just don't believe we can do it....AND you'll probably be right. May the best team win ....not luck, not officials...... just the best team. Then let's all (Maryville, WB and Alcoa) win out and get deep into the playoffs. Not everyone at Maryville dislikes WB......Some of us just like THE REBELS best but we pull for all the kids to do well and play safe. Got a lotta kids at Blount, Heritage and Alcoa that I really hope do well but I'm a MARYVILLE supporter who hopes all others do well except when they play MHS

Edited by 1oldcoach

Thats funny... I have no problem with Maryville and their fans. I would take you guys any day over Ooltewah (WB fans know what I am talking about).

Guys I am looking forward to Friday night. I believe this could shape up to be a great game if WB would just keep Maryville out of their heads. The toughest thing we face is their passing game. No offense to Tank (great kid), but I feel like we can maybe hold him. WB has a really good rush defense this year. I think this could be close if the Govs will play how I know they can.

Go Govs!

go owls! 28 - 24

alcoa is a great team and always has been. Didnt WB and heritage drop them from their schedule why was that? I think that WB and heritage were tired of getting beat by a 2-a team.

Tired of getting beat by them? I dont know the reason, but i know it wasnt because we were getting tired of losing to them. The last 4 years we played them (01-04) William Blount won 2, Alcoa Won 2. The 2 wins by William Blount were by a total of 58 points. Alcoa's 2 wins were by a total of 16. We are far from getting tired of losing to them.

Edited by gobigblue13

Tired of getting beat by them? I dont know the reason, but i know it wasnt because we were getting tired of losing to them. The last 4 years we played them (01-04) William Blount won 2, Alcoa Won 2. The 2 wins by William Blount were by a total of 58 points. Alcoa's 2 wins were by a total of 16. We are far from getting tired of losing to them.

Glad someone said that!!

I'm getting sick of that losing to Alcoa stuff, especially when it's not true.