Maryville v. William Blount

DCM

Ok, I'll put up the $20 that the Volunteers won me Saturday.

Hey Mikey.... Send it to St. Judes in the name of Justin Myers. I tried to up the bet to $100.00 with the money going to charity but it kept getting deleted.

I will give you a chance to get it back. Just let me know...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman or anybody...what happen in the press box? Did the Gov channel announcer finally lose it? Did Holden have to put him in a straight jacket? I watched the "fireside" chat on the rerun of the Ootahwah/WB game and almost fell out of my chair laughing. He definately needs to adjust some of his life's prespectives. This is still a game the last time I checked.

In all seriousness I think it was a disagreement between a wb staffer, maybe the announcer, and fans in the stand. Anybody have any insight?

Edited by MLREB

Govman or anybody...what happen in the press box? Did the Gov channel announcer finally lose it? Did Holden have to put him in a straight jacket? :thumb: I watched the "fireside" chat on the rerun of the Ootahwah/WB game and almost fell out of my chair laughing. He definately needs to adjust some of his life's prospectives. This is still a game the last time I checked.

In all seriousness I think it was a disagreement between a wb staffer, maybe the announcer, and fans in the stand. Anybody have any insight?

Haven't heard anything about the pressbox incident ... sorry. Hey, tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me . Said you couldn't accept it for some reason? Any idea? If you get a chance, email me. You can get on the fbc website and there's a link to email me. Nothing important ... but if you get a chance.

Haven't heard anything about the pressbox incident ... sorry. Hey, tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me . Said you couldn't accept it for some reason? Any idea? If you get a chance, email me. You can get on the fbc website and there's a link to email me. Nothing important ... but if you get a chance.

No idea why you can't e-mail me. I tried to send one to you and couldn't. I thought I was a paying member but maybe it ran out. Is that why?

I did hear there was an incident between someone in the pressbox and a fan or two. There were a couple of school officials standing between the fans and pressbox after the incident to prevent any other altercations.....at least that is what I was told.

Govman....never a need to apoligize to me. I use this board to obtain information and to have some friendly banter......that's all. I do try to push a button every now and then..... :thumb:

Was impressed with with the fight in the Govs. They are improving and after next year Maryville will have a slight void in athletes for a couple of years.....that is unless Stars & bars doesn't pick up his recruiting efforts.... :thumb:

Great post by Govman and for what it is worth when I think of WM Blount I think of you and it is all good. I let some posts by one of the Wm Blount posters get the better of me. She was blowing off steam and I blew some back. Should have let it go. But it is good us older guys can still get our blood boiling over these rivalry games! No biggie. I like your chances against Farragut. And I hope your banged up guys get better quick.

I'm a friend of Tylers and i was over at his house after he got home from the hospital. He was dehydrated and his muscles just cramped up real bad in his back. The doctor said it was up to him if he wanted to play on friday, it all depends on his pain.

Great news!! We've all been praying for him.

Hey Mikey.... Send it to St. Judes in the name of Justin Myers. I tried to up the bet to $100.00 with the money going to charity but it kept getting deleted.

I will give you a chance to get it back. Just let me know...

Likely story. You cannot wait until after the game to agree on it.

Likely story. You cannot wait until after the game to agree on it.

No Mikey....factual story. Let me assure you $20 or $100 is not a concern to me. You do what you want......send it to a charity or stick it in your pocket. You made a stupid bet anyway. I just wanted to see it benefit something worth while.... :lol:

Govman or anybody...what happen in the press box? Did the Gov channel announcer finally lose it? Did Holden have to put him in a straight jacket? I watched the "fireside" chat on the rerun of the Ootahwah/WB game and almost fell out of my chair laughing. He definately needs to adjust some of his life's prespectives. This is still a game the last time I checked.

MLREB

Let me shed some light on the situation for you since I am the one you are referring to in your post.

The verbal exchange took place between a couple of fans and a William Blount coach. Not the announcer. The announcer (me) was trying to stay out of the way. In fact, it was I who went down after the game and apologized to the Maryville fans for the exchange.

Here's what happened. On the kickoff return that Maples had a foot in the end zone, a William Blount coach seated right outside the press box jumped up and was yelling for a touchback. A couple of the Maryville folks right in front of him turned around and started yelling at him about the rules, and the exchange was on.

The athletic director came up and stood close so no further words were exchanged. Unfortunate situation.

With regards to my "fireside chat". I am glad to have been able to provide you with some comic relief. We typically close the game talking to a coach or players. The Ooltewah game however was a little different. Thanks for the input. Obviously that didn't work for you or Rebel 9.

There is no question I get excited about William Blount football. I can assure you we do it for the kids who love to see themselves on TV and hear their names called. Am I biased toward William Blount, absolutely. That will not change. Do I need to learn to "breath normally", probably. Do I ever intend to offend anyone, absolutely not. I do what I do, as does Holden, because we love of these kids and William Blount High School.

Thanks for your comments. We will continue to try to improve.

Good luck to Maryville the rest of the season. Certainly easy to see why this team is 36 and 0. Look forward watching the rest of the season. Should be another special one for the Rebs. Hopefully can be for the Govs

Best wishes.